Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,384 members, 7,904,467 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 01:58 PM

Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program (10478 Views)

Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 07, 2015
I will be doing an MC for a friend's birthday in the near future that I'm also helping her plan
Yes I have MC'ed a few occasions and parties and people said I did a fabulous job at it. wink

We expect about 250 guests
We want it to be very exciting and fun and I'm putting the program together
Please help me with suggestions of what will make it a great event.I just want this to be different from the usual
Trivias
Games
Door prices
What games?
At what point does celebrant speak,before or after dinner ?
At what point does she cut the cake?
There will be a change of outfit,at what point ?
Please help me lay out the whole program just like you would want your own birthday event to be

All good suggestions welcome

1. Opening prayer
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 07, 2015
Ralphlauren:
It's your own birthday party you are planning. Stop the lies, abeg.

Anyways, life begins at 40.

Hope you have a rethink about your life and you change your ways as you reach that milestone.

It's not my birthday,if it was I will say it
I've already told you a million times,I have absolutely no reason to prove anything to you or anyone
Do you have any suggestions,kindly give it
This is the family section,my nice area

5 Likes

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by CrazyScientist: 3:41pm On May 07, 2015
Pick & Act

Fish The Bottle

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 07, 2015
CrazyScientist:
Pick & Act

Fish The Bottle

What is that?
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by CrazyScientist: 3:43pm On May 07, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Wow, so I should drop out of school and wait till am 40?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 07, 2015
Royalroy,stand by dear
I don't want this thread derailed
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 07, 2015
Are there other nairalanders that moonlight as amateur MCs
Please give me your ideas and tips and things you have done
I will even appreciate some good ,clean original jokes
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 07, 2015
age?
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by CrazyScientist: 3:49pm On May 07, 2015
babyosisi:

What is that?

Games
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 07, 2015
CrazyScientist:

Games

Describe it please
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 07, 2015
olaxco2f:
age?

She is turning 50 so this is a significant milestone for her
She's overcome a lot of things and I want to make this memorable for her
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by armyofone(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2015
2. Start the good yabis.
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by CrazyScientist: 3:52pm On May 07, 2015
Time to get down to business... you owe me though...

What's the average age grade of those in attendance?
Is it going to be 'religious' ?

1 Like

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 07, 2015
CrazyScientist:
Time to get down to business... you owe me though...

What's the average age grade of those in attendance?
Is it going to be 'religious' ?

I will appreciate your help

Yes
There will be time to pray for celebrant,her pastor will be there
She is a Christian that attends a pentecostal church

Most of her friends attending are between 40-60
Professional people
Lawyers,doctors,nurses,business owners etc

BTW I don't know majority of her friends and will be meeting them for the first time at this event
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by CrazyScientist: 3:57pm On May 07, 2015
babyosisi:

Describe it please

Pick and Act: write a couple of random things for people to do in a piece of paper and fold it up, you must do whatever you find , failure or refusal amounts to paying a fine of #50-#1000 (if you can beat the person grin, I recommend #100 ) , the money goes to the celebrant.

People have been known to write 'dirty' things in this game lipsrsealed
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 07, 2015
CrazyScientist:

Pick and Act: write a couple of random things for people to do in a piece of paper and fold it up, you must do whatever you find , failure or refusal amounts to paying a fine of #50-#1000 (if you can beat the person grin, I recommend #100 ) , the money goes to the celebrant.
[b]
People have been known to write 'dirty' things in this game lipsrsealed

[/b]

Hehehehehe
I am a woman of God o
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by xynerise: 3:59pm On May 07, 2015
Down the memory lane talks...
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 07, 2015
Planning the Party

Invite 50 guests to this grand occasion. Be sure you plan a space that’s big enough to fit all of these guests. If it’s an outside party, there may be enough room, but be prepared for a change in the weather. If it’s going to be an inside party, and your home can’t fit that many guests, you can hire a catering hall to host the event, rent a room at the local VFW club, book a room at your golf club, or see if your church has a room you can rent.
All About the Nifty 50-year-old

Fifty is an impressive number. A person reaching that age has accomplished many things both professionally and personally. Kindly roast the birthday boy or girl by reading off any or all of the following lists during your party that describe the guest of honor.

You can ask your guests to help fill in these lists either during the party or when they RSVP for your celebration. Just be sure you have a complete list ready in case guests don’t bring ideas for you.

50 Fun Facts About ...
50 Great Accomplishments of ...
50 Little Known Facts About ...
50 Reasons Why We Love ...

babyosisi:

She is turning 50 so this is a significant milestone for her
She's overcome a lot of things and I want to make this memorable for her

4 Likes

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 07, 2015
olaxco2f:
Planning the Party

Invite 50 guests to this grand occasion. Be sure you plan a space that’s big enough to fit all of these guests. If it’s an outside party, there may be enough room, but be prepared for a change in the weather. If it’s going to be an inside party, and your home can’t fit that many guests, you can hire a catering hall to host the event, rent a room at the local VFW club, book a room at your golf club, or see if your church has a room you can rent.
All About the Nifty 50-year-old

Fifty is an impressive number. A person reaching that age has accomplished many things both professionally and personally. Kindly roast the birthday boy or girl by reading off any or all of the following lists during your party that describe the guest of honor.

You can ask your guests to help fill in these lists either during the party or when they RSVP for your celebration. Just be sure you have a complete list ready in case guests don’t bring ideas for you.

50 Fun Facts About ...
50 Great Accomplishments of ...
50 Little Known Facts About ...
50 Reasons Why We Love ...

It will be indoors in a rental hall that takes about 300 plus

That is a fabulous idea about 50 fun facts about the celebrant
Wow

I can have the sign in table for guests where they fill out little flash cards as they come in and I read it out at different points during the event

[size=18pt]Excellent idea!!!![/size]

5 Likes

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 07, 2015
Mrs Beatrice Osisi Ohiri,wife of Azubuike smiley smileysome call me felicia

babyosisi:

It will be indoors in a rental hall that takes about 300 plus

That is a fabulous idea about 50 fun facts about the celebrant
I can have the sign in table for guests have cards where they fill this out as they come in and I read it out at different points during the event

[size=18pt]Excellent idea!!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 07, 2015
More suggestions please
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by CrazyScientist: 4:21pm On May 07, 2015
babyosisi:

Hehehehehe
I am a woman of God o

grin let me tell you better games to suit her age grade

1 Like

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by CrazyScientist: 4:25pm On May 07, 2015
How much do you know your wife...

Her husband will be asked a question about her, she will write the answer secretly on a book, while the husband says it out, then the MC checks if he's right or wrong grin

1 Like

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by CrazyScientist: 4:25pm On May 07, 2015
Husbands could be called too to answer questions about their wives..
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by CrazyScientist: 4:27pm On May 07, 2015
Sword drill and memory verse games too.. grin
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 07, 2015
You can reserve item 7 for Refreshment

I wish I had something more meaningful to contribute, I suck at organising stuff.

1 Like

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 07, 2015
CrazyScientist:
How much do you know your wife...

Her husband will be asked a question about her, she will write the answer secretly on a book, while the husband says it out, then the MC checks if he's right or wrong grin

Not applicable
In her books he has passed away lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 07, 2015
CrazyScientist:
Husbands could be called too to answer questions about their wives..

Will not be suitable
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 07, 2015
FFO abi?

firstEVA:
You can reserve item 7 for Refreshment

I wish I had something more meaningful to contribute, I suck at organising stuff.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by RoyalRoy(m): 6:52pm On May 07, 2015
babyosisi:
Royalroy,stand by dear
I don't want this thread derailed
Thanks

Subscribing.... Lollz

1 Like

Re: Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 07, 2015
olaxco2f:
FFO abi?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
what is FFO?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ok / Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic / Get Protected From Bullet, Poison, Charm And Machete And Witchcraft Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.