Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,070 members, 7,880,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:20 PM

I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari (20241 Views)

South East Says No To Protest. / North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West / Anger Swells Against South-east Governors - NewTelegraphOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by funkybully(f): 6:36am On May 08, 2015
Who cares? We have survived without federal govt presence n support, this won't b different especially when a hater like thiefnubuu is at d helm of affair of d party.

To hell with them.
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by benuejosh: 6:51am On May 08, 2015
ideykwum:
There are more Ijaw people than there are Tiv people!!! Nkpandeve!

msugh! Upandeve is evening. Well I guess the tivs are more than the ijaws. Even in political sphere the tiv are in more positions than the Ijaws however that is not my basis or justification. Let's talk of populations and lands occupied. We have in benue,kwara,taraba,nasarrawa and they also make up majorities in this states. though minorities in some states in nigeria. And on records even. Now if we decide to go on positions occupied since independence, the Tivs have been on the helm of affairs in the country even before the ijaws. As it is currently the Tiv still own much positions than the ijaws.
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by benuejosh: 6:53am On May 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

How did you arrive at this.? undecided
check the records.
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by BlackTechnology: 6:55am On May 08, 2015
benuejosh:
check the records.

Which record

Please provide link cool
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:57am On May 08, 2015
PassingShot:
Most Nigerians know you to be a detribalized and very fair man. Only the bigots think otherwise.

This is not the first time of hearing GMB appointing qualified and competent people to positions without having known or met them.

May God continue to guide you aright our incoming president.
He appointed Tam David-West Minister of Petroleum in 1984 before meeting him.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by BlackTechnology: 6:58am On May 08, 2015
benuejosh:
msugh! Upandeve is evening. Well I guess the tivs are more than the ijaws. Even in political sphere the tiv are in more positions than the Ijaws however that is not my basis or justification. Let's talk of populations and lands occupied. We have in benue,kwara,taraba,nasarrawa and they also make up majorities in this states. though minorities in some states in nigeria. And on records even. Now if we decide to go on positions occupied since independence, the Tivs have been on the helm of affairs in the country even before the ijaws. As it is currently the Tiv still own much positions than the ijaws.

Define the words Population Density

US Russia Canada Brazil are bigger than China in land size but vice versa in population

Gwaris are found in more states than Igbos Ibibios Binis but we have more population than them

Think well like one who saw the 4 walls of an elementary school. cool
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by benuejosh: 7:16am On May 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Define the words Population Density

US Russia Canada Brazil are bigger than China in land size but vice versa in population

[s] Gwaris are found in more states than Igbos [/s]Ibibios Binis but we have more population than them

Think well like one who saw the 4 walls of an elementary school
I bet to disagree with that striked out line. And you sounding like you pained about something @ bolder
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by mapet: 7:28am On May 08, 2015
kettykings:
How really can he marginalised igbos, by denying them fair share of projects or killing their businesses.

If igbos can form a think thank that can insulate the eastern economy from Nigeria policies apart from that I don't see much buhari can do to the igbos.

Igbos should warm up for the worst and prepare for the best just in case.

Now this is some of the weirdest thinking I have ever seen. Please explain how you can "Insulate" eastern economy from Nigeria's policies. The eastern economy is at the bottom pedestal on the based on some recent analysis. Majority of Easterners are transacting business outside the east, Natural resources from the east contribute near zilch to the national treasury........

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by benuejosh: 7:31am On May 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Which record

Please provide link cool
www.readnigeriannewspapers.com/cgi-bin/qa.pl?b=people&bn=2&m=2 not satisfied? Will giv you more www.wn.com/Tiv_people
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:33am On May 08, 2015
liberty300:
who is berem and egift? Faceless entities on nairaland. Berem that claims to be married to an igbo in imo state but stays in the lagos with her parents and siblings or is it egift that claims enugu but doesn't know where enugu state stadium is..ekekwam unu
wow! I never knew you have made a research about my life.

I am really a nairaland celebrity! grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by driand(m): 7:41am On May 08, 2015
okosodo:
I wish. He is a fulani man and he will do what fulani does to the ibos, marginalise, hate and punish them. Anyways, ge will earn my respect if he proves me wrong, which is totally impossible sha
I am an igbo bit if you check my pre-election posts you'll see I massively campaigned and voted for GMB, many of my brethren didn't vote for him but it's their choice and I have nothing against them, but why is it that other Nigerians hate the igbos this much? cry
Why? What did they really do to deserve it like that? Igbos are not violent people they just prefer to mind their businesses and make a living but still Nigerians hate the this much especially people from South west, is it a crime to successful? The igbos are not good with politics we all know and that's why they hardly produce a good candidate, South west and the North have been handling presidency and we did not try to interfere or complain bitterly but still other tribes hate us,

It's OK, but we should be careful what we do and who we hate because nobody knows tomorrow. and curse not whom the Lord has not cursed, to avoid getting your self cursed.

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by QuotaSystem: 7:41am On May 08, 2015
liberty300:
[s]Yea right. What did you expect him to say? Well, fyi; igbos don't care. We've been marginalised all of our lives and we still waxing strong more than the northern region that has been eating the lion's share. Second state with the highest none oil GDP after lagos, it's anambra, no government support to get there.[/s]

Yet you cry about 2nd Niger bridge when Governor Kwankwaso from the northern region you speak about built the longest fly over bridge in Africa from the states IGR and allocations without 13% derivation Anambra enjoys.

Can you now see you are speaking rubbish?

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by BlackTechnology: 7:43am On May 08, 2015
benuejosh:
www.readnigeriannewspapers.com/cgi-bin/qa.pl?b=people&bn=2&m=2 not satisfied? Will giv you more www.wn.com/Tiv_people

So funny

Newspaper report

Why not National Population Census report cool
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by BlackTechnology: 7:44am On May 08, 2015
benuejosh:
I bet to disagree with that striked out line. And you sounding like you pained about something @ bolder

Pain over TIV

Guy quit joking undecided
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by kettykings: 7:45am On May 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

We don't need a think tank to insulate the Eastern economy from Nigeria policies

All we need to do is to encourage those parts of Igboland who are not industrial conscious to start thinking as industrialists just like the Nnewis

If every Igbo community strive towards industrialization like the Nnewis, we will build a technological Biafra within the Nigerian State

So my dear the steps you and I should take are

1) Educate our people towards industrialization

2) Encourage Micro financing that has low interest and long term(7yrs) loans

3) Community infrastructural projects

4 ) You and other people can add more cool

A single anti igbo policy can wipe out in a few days all the gains that Nnewi has made since the end of the Civil War.

If igbos give heed to my saying then government policies will not affect their business.

Part of the problem I had with obasanjo regime was his closing igbo businesses and seizing their assets, this can be mitigated when igbos have core businesses in igbo land and leave the peripheral businesses in Abuja and Lagos and port Harcourt
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by BlackTechnology: 7:48am On May 08, 2015
mapet:

Now this is some of the weirdest thinking I have ever seen. Please explain how you can "Insulate" eastern economy from Nigeria's policies. The eastern economy is at the bottom pedestal on the based on some recent analysis. Majority of Easterners are transacting business outside the east, Natural resources from the east contribute near zilch to the national treasury........

You are very funny

Have you not seen Rich and Poor Regions within the same country cool
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by QuotaSystem: 7:52am On May 08, 2015
Texcoco:
No matter how illiterate a nomadic can be,you can always take their word for it as long as it doesn't involve anything islamic unlike "you know who" and their backstabbing tendencies e.g thieffnubu.

Not this one, take that promise with a thought (forget pinch) of salt. Of course he will rebuild the area he once bombed, the same area that did everything it could to truncate his presidential ambition and wished him cancer and death several times. Of course.
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by BlackTechnology: 7:54am On May 08, 2015
kettykings:

A single anti igbo policy can wipe out in a few days all the gains that Nnewi has made since the end of the Civil War.

If igbos give heed to my saying then government policies will not affect their business.

Part of the problem I had with obasanjo regime was his closing igbo businesses and seizing their assets, this can be mitigated when igbos have core businesses in igbo land and leave the peripheral businesses in Abuja and Lagos and port Harcourt

Do you know that the Nnewis industrialization activity is helping to insulate and strengthen the SE economy

Pls watch the documentary

The Men Who Built America cool
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by kettykings: 7:55am On May 08, 2015
mapet:

The economy runs like a machine, my proposal is to have an eastern economy that is fully eastern integrated and insuite that has very little to do with the northern or western economy.

An interesting instance is to have a N1 that enters the hand of an Igbo business to get exchanged possibly a million times before getting out of an Igbo hand.
This can be achieved when every igbo business man runs a Jewish business model with a branch of his business in the east where the money will be spent.
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by benuejosh: 7:57am On May 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Pain over TIV

Guy quit joking undecided
yea... sounding pained and taking it personal.
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by BlackTechnology: 7:58am On May 08, 2015
kettykings:

That is what Nnewi industrialization is all about

Go to Nnewi to see with your eyes. cool
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by kettykings: 8:00am On May 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Do you know that the Nnewis industrialization activity is helping to insulate and strengthen the SE economy

Pls watch the documentary

The Men Who Built America cool

Nnewi economic model is good but not perfect, remember the case of Ibeto who is yet to recover from obasanjo and dangote gang up.

Nnewi should be export oriented and not Nigerian market oriented.
Innosson would have been an instant hit had his cars been marketed outside the country to Cameroon, Ghana and Gabon instead making the federal government his major customer base.
Now he needs buhari support for the federal government patronage to continue. This is very wrong busy approach. I just hope he is fast enough to diversify into car importation just in case policies against manufacturing comes to play
The Aba shoes business model and the nollywood business mode is more likely to with stand any anti igbo policy than any other business model.
Outsiders in West Africa has helped Aba shoes to sell and Buhari can not fight nollywood, he just can't figure how the business runs.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by BlackTechnology: 8:00am On May 08, 2015
kettykings:

The economy runs like a machine, my proposal is to have an eastern economy that is fully eastern integrated and insuite that has very little to do with the northern or western economy.

An interesting instance is to have a N1 that enters the hand of an Igbo business to get exchanged possibly a million times before getting out of an Igbo hand.
This can be achieved when every igbo business man runs a Jewish business model with a branch of his business in the east where the money will be spent.

That's the model , Nnewis are applying cool
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by benuejosh: 8:02am On May 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

So funny

Newspaper report

Why not National Population Census report cool
better than none when your census board has no concrete records. Guess you also tell those who wrote that to think like they went to four corner walls of elementary school.
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by BlackTechnology: 8:02am On May 08, 2015
benuejosh:
yea... sounding pained and taking it personal.

OK you win

In short Tivs is the most populated ethnic group in Nigeria

Are you happy now grin
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by BlackTechnology: 8:07am On May 08, 2015
kettykings:

Nnewi economic model is good but not perfect, remember the case of Ibeto who is yet to recover from obasanjo and dangote gang up.

Nnewi should be export oriented and not Nigerian oriented.
The Aba shoes business model and the nollywood business mode is more likely to with stand any anti igbo policy than any other business model.
Outsiders in West Africa has helped Aba shoes to sell and Buhari can not fight nollywood, he just can't figure how the business runs.

Perfect point

Now lets educate those parts of Igboland yet to embrace this ideal

That's why I encourage

1) Financial/ Economic/ Business education

2) low interest and long term (7yrs) micro financing of businesses

3) Community involvement in infrastructural development. cool
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by ruggedboy01: 8:30am On May 08, 2015
Cc lalastical fp angry
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by comos: 8:43am On May 08, 2015
biafransoul:
Mr Buhari a.k.a baba one chance, please we igbos don't care how or who you appoint into your government. We don't rely on government patronage and if you check around the country, it's the states that rely on government that can't even pay their workers salaries. Please help me tell your fellow Apc members to stop using the name of Ohanaeze to ventures on their posts searching expedition. Enough said
and let him be reminded that Nigeria is a federation govern by democratic government not military.
he should stop talking and face the changes he promise Nigerians
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:05am On May 08, 2015
Activating ma comment reading mode...
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by stayblack: 9:06am On May 08, 2015
TRUE TALK...SAI BABA..
Re: I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari by mulattoclaro(m): 9:06am On May 08, 2015
Don't discriminate against but deal with them ruthlessly if they try to destabilize your govt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo Tribunal: Obaseki, Shaibu, PDP Evade Service Of Petitions / Banky W: Re-Run Primaries Hold Today June 6 / EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.