Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,771 members, 7,875,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:45 AM

The Woeful Performances Of Nigeria's Club In Caf Competitions - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Woeful Performances Of Nigeria's Club In Caf Competitions (626 Views)

Kelechi Iheanacho And Ogbodo, His Best Friend In A Club In Abuja (Photos) / CAF Announces New Sponsors For CAF Competitions / Club Owners Applaud Nigerian Clubs In Caf Competitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Woeful Performances Of Nigeria's Club In Caf Competitions by dhabrite(m): 1:11pm On May 08, 2015
The Nigerian professional premier league which is arguably the best league in Africa,boasts of good players with entertaining matches at various centres all over the country.The emergence of Kano pillars as a big force to be reckoned with in the league was first welcomed with joy by me,but the club's failure to make it to the group stages of the money spinning Caf champions league for the second year running leaves me with a huge doubt over the quality of the team.
When Kano pillars emerged champions,with Enyimba also emerging as runner-ups,hopes were alive that the country would be well represented in the Caf champions league but all hopes have been dashed as the two have been dumped out in the first round of qualifiers by their North-Africans opponents.Kano pillars in particular were dumped out in an incredible fashion as they went down four goals to nil in Morocco,leaving nothing much to play for in the return leg in Kano,though they won by two goals to one.Enyimba on the other hand looked like they would be getting into group stages of the money spinning Caf champions league after a hard fought one nil victory over Smouha of Egypt in Aba,but lost the return leg in Egypt by two unreplied goals in a game that was marred with biased officiating by the North-Africans match officials.
In the Caf confederations cup,Dolphins were humbled out of the competition without even kicking the ball after failing to show up on time for their game in Tunisia.As at the time of writing this editorial only Warri wolves is still bearing Nigeria's flag in the Caf club football competitions.They have now been drawn against Congolese giants Ac leopards in the last round of qualifiers as they look good to go into the group stages of Africa's 2nd tier club football competition.
As Nigeria's coefficient in Caf club competitions looks to be on the downward trend after the failure of Naija's club to get into the group stages of both Caf competitions for the past two years,all hopes now rest on Warri wolves,the last of the four contingent's to the Caf competitions to do us proud and help Nigeria's stand in the coefficient rankings in Caf club competitions.
Re: The Woeful Performances Of Nigeria's Club In Caf Competitions by denedene(m): 4:02pm On May 08, 2015
i feel the government doesn't do much and leave the teams in the hands of people with little or no footballing knowledge, teams should be handed over to private but its not lucrative enough to attract them
Re: The Woeful Performances Of Nigeria's Club In Caf Competitions by bigsam2010: 1:03am On May 09, 2015
There is a secret of how to win a sportbet, that most stakers does not know. Most people want to win big at once, while I always take my time to calculate very well and win little day-by-day.

After all my researches and calculations, I found MERRYBET to be the best to make cool money among all other sportbet companies.

Follow me on my Merrybet Link (http://www./Odds/registration/affiliate197881), create, fund your account and let us begin a cool deal.

I wish you the best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

Blind Pole Vaulter Wins State Championships Bronze / Video Barcelona 3 – 1 Juventus (UEFA Champions League) Highlight / Edison Cavani Gets Red Card After Being Fingered In The Backside (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.