Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,623 members, 7,979,109 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:35 PM

3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria (37526 Views)

SON Arrests Two Chinese Men In Lagos Over N5bn Fake Tyres (Photos) / Tanker Filled With Contraband Goods In Zamfara, Aprehended By Custom Officers / Driver Shot Dead In Katsina By Customs Officer For Smuggling Contraband Spagheti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by ping72: 7:40pm On May 08, 2015
The CGS has sacrificed some of his collaborators so he can look good. Imagine him coordinating the operation! I dey laugh...
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Awoofawo(m): 7:46pm On May 08, 2015
sukkot:
i dont get it, they did not smuggle in drugs. they smuggled in textiles which will be beneficial to nigerians. why arrest them ? makes no sense

Of course you have no sense, because anyone will common sense will know that things like this is what killing the local industries ( do you know how may jobs, a viable textile industry can provide to the mass of jobless graduates in the country. hint: worldwide this industry is the largest employer of labour after government)
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Awoofawo(m): 7:52pm On May 08, 2015
49cents:

Am not a fan of buhari one bit but I think his emergence is making everyone sit up at least to save their jobs

This is purely lip service to to iget GMBs attention becos for the Chinese to have brought in N20billion worth of goods it means they had the connivance of the customs head nigger before now

The so-called contraband will be converted to personal goods by the custom chiefs to make up for the bribes they forfeited in their quest to get buharis nod

You get good head and correct brain....

1 Like

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by gagewonda(m): 8:17pm On May 08, 2015
Whether we castigate or support we all hv dat nigerian problem in us. Yes importing prohibited goods harms d economy.the same economy we look up to for jobs, d same economy we wish will grow like america's. Stop pointing fingers at d customs dey only implement policies laid down by our govt same policies meant to protect us all. Its regrettable our educated youths cant see d harm contraband importation does. Although d govt shld put in place measures to revamp our textile industry bt contraband like dis kills our textile industry
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Scetrocom: 8:18pm On May 08, 2015
I hope justice will be done and this criminals will be made to pay for their crime. Nobody can try such in China and escape punishment.
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by MRBrownJ: 8:51pm On May 08, 2015
ChynoBEATS:
These 3 get 2O billion n them look like ote Hmm.......... Nawa o.......

do you actually think they are the kingpin of this scam?! these are just the "mules", the true kingpin/big boss must be back in China chilling while fattening his bank account, one naira at a time!

most people who are hands on and get caught are generally just petty worker at the bottom of the food chain!
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by frank442: 9:30pm On May 08, 2015
Nothing will happen at the end of the day

The goods will soon find its way to market
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 08, 2015
sukkot:
i dont get it, they did not smuggle in drugs. they smuggled in textiles which will be beneficial to nigerians. why arrest them ? makes no sense

The goods are confiscated because it is illegal to be importing foreign textiles due they trying to resuscitate the Textiles Industry.It was made so because the cheap textiles were destroying the textiles industry.I do hope Buhari addresses the textile industry seriously because it is a major source of absorbing labour worldwide.Hence why the Chinese and Indians play dirty.Essentially Nigeria is a dumping ground for textiles,same as Ghana and other countries.

You need to look at it from a long term perspective where the constant importation is killing the Nigerian Textile Industry.Also as a foreigner...I think Africans deserve to gain from African fabrics as many of the designs are stolen and copied from African designers. Why should Chinese and Indians be gaining mostly off of something that is used mostly by Africans?Can't Africans be a major part of the manufacturing and value chain?Why must they be relegated to mere consumers?.Just my opinion.

I can understand how short-term it affects folks livelihood however but efforts must be made to increase local textiles production and minimize foreign textiles from the market.Hopefully they come up with a solution.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-s-textile-industry-on-a-rebound-/148696/

1 Like

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Turbocharged: 10:40pm On May 08, 2015
Not ginger, garlic
kcynho:
[size=20pt] Hmmmmm undecided,And they are smelling Ginger Gingerrr [/size]
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by rasheedmalik113: 11:06pm On May 08, 2015
Nigerian forgive them,let them go back to china tell their friends not to smuggle textile to nigeria again,
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Donclaracuzo: 12:03am On May 09, 2015
Behead them immediately!
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by sukkot: 7:25am On May 09, 2015
quimicababes:

The goods are confiscated because it is illegal to be importing foreign textiles due they trying to resuscitate the Textiles Industry.It was made so because the cheap textiles were destroying the textiles industry.I do hope Buhari addresses the textile industry seriously because it is a major source of absorbing labour worldwide.Hence why the Chinese and Indians play dirty.Essentially Nigeria is a dumping ground for textiles,same as Ghana and other countries.

You need to look at it from a long term perspective where the constant importation is killing the Nigerian Textile Industry.Also as a foreigner...I think Africans deserve to gain from African fabrics as many of the designs are stolen and copied from African designers. Why should Chinese and Indians be gaining mostly off of something that is used mostly by Africans?Can't Africans be a major part of the manufacturing and value chain?Why must they be relegated to mere consumers?.Just my opinion.

I can understand how short-term it affects folks livelihood however but efforts must be made to increase local textiles production and minimize foreign textiles from the market.Hopefully they come up with a solution.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-s-textile-industry-on-a-rebound-/148696/
Now this is how you make a solid point. thanks for the edification
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Spyonsurvey: 10:15am On May 09, 2015
Feel free to talk to us, you just might need our products/services. Check out our signature for more details.
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 09, 2015
sukkot:

Chai! We need to educate ourselves in Nigeria. In case you didn't know, you are not allowed to import textile in Nigeria because we have the comparative advantage to produce them here. This is more beneficial to Nigeria since we then won't be wasting money on foreign exchange and we get to keep the profits IN Nigeria and not China. In short, importing textiles might be beneficial to Nigerians who want to wear fine clothes in the short run, but producing and exporting ourselves is beneficial to the economy as a whole in the long run.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by younghartz(m): 11:36pm On May 09, 2015
我宁愿他们被杀害

Wǒ nìngyuàn tāmen bèi shāhài grin

Translation
I prefer them to be killed angry
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by ChynoBEATS: 6:38am On May 10, 2015
MRBrownJ:

do you actually think they are the kingpin of this scam?! these are just the "mules", the true kingpin/big boss must be back in China chilling while fattening his bank account, one naira at a time!

most people who are hands on and get caught are generally just petty worker at the bottom of the food chain!

Ehya i pity these guys , after dem turn black for kiriKiRi dem go start 2dey speak pidgin too ........

While their boss go dey china dey fat

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jealous Woman Pours Hot Water On Another Lady In The North (Graphic Pics) / Pastor Sold Me To Cartel In Oman For $300,000 - Nigerian Lady / A Corper Saved From Ritualist; Their New Method Of Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.