Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,304 members, 7,936,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 06:52 AM

Issues With Pba - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Issues With Pba (978 Views)

I Am Having Issues With My Simple Server / Having Issues With Internet Download Manager =idm) Port In Asap / Vista Issues With Oracle 10g (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues With Pba by echelon(m): 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2009
Hi all,
I enabled PBA - Pre-boot authentication on my acer notebook pc (travelmate 6292) and later disabled it due to my fear that I won't be able to log on to the system if the finger print sensor gets dulled. The next time I turned on the pc, it was asking me for password at the DOS level - where I normally swipe my finger when PBA was enabled. I supplied my regular windows admin password but it wouldn't budge. After 3 trials, the pc locked.

Does any one know any walk-around for this?

Thanks
Re: Issues With Pba by echelon(m): 7:57am On Feb 12, 2009
Does anyone know the address of Acer service center in Lagos
Re: Issues With Pba by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 13, 2009
I think it is called reddington, located around 5 or is it called 7 star hotel - around oshodi to Isolo road. I am not absolutely sure.
Work on that, i will see if i can get the info later in the daytime - if i do - i will post it here
Re: Issues With Pba by echelon(m): 7:48pm On Apr 29, 2009
Resolved @ Compuleb Nigeria Ltd. Plot10 Acme Rd, Ogba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria. cool

(1) (Reply)

Introducing A New Chat Room Where Nigerians Can Chat / Gateway Poly 2010/2011 Adminssion, Talkw It In Here / Facebook Warns Users Of The End Of The Internet Via Dnschanger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.