Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,464 members, 7,897,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 12:11 AM

Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians (31092 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Disobeys Bail Again PICS / How To Report Any Nigerian Policeman Asking For Bail Money / Buhari Lied, Jonathan Generated The Funds Used For Bail Out.- NLNG MD Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 11:20am On May 09, 2015
police is your enemy friend.
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Bowaley17(m): 11:21am On May 09, 2015
I remember back then in 2012. During a street carnival,a fight ensued between guys from my street and guys from another street. Police were called to intervene. They arrested the ones they could. The CDA committees went with us to collect their bails. We were asked to bring 12k before their bail can be granted. I turned around to look at the CDA committees. Just then i saw some posters on the wall. Written on it;
*POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND
*BAIL IS FREE etc.
I turned back and replied the police officer,but BAIL IS FREE naa. He replied me, who to you that? I pointed to the poster on the wall. You need to see the kind eye wey him take look me. I comot for the station fast fast...
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by ralph28(m): 11:24am On May 09, 2015
Good,sir but I hope you'll not ask them to be bringing monthly returns?

Good boss on air.

Please sir,step into action.

We're waiting for you at the field.
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 11:26am On May 09, 2015
Tolexander:
if the boldened is tried, i'm damned sure that all the police officers including the IG that made the statement will be prosecuted.

Before he was appointed as the IG, does he wanna tell us that he didn't collect any bail or partook in the sharing of money realized from it.

If it is implemented, it will be well and good! But I don't see any sincerity in what the IG said cos almost all the officers of the NPF are bunch of rotten eggs that need getting rid off, the IG inclusive.

My brother, change has hit every Nigerian and the igp is no exception. The man was appointed by the clueless one and to keep his job in the new government, he's keyed into the #change mantra and probably means so lets free him of his supposedly past deeds and help in on board rather than overboard. Time will tell! Arase, welcome aboard!
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by praz001(m): 11:30am On May 09, 2015
BigElEddy:
I was watching the news some days back when an advert came up about security numbers to call and report crimes ( asking for bail is a crime ). And I was just sad to the point of it became funny because the numbers were more than 20 different 11 digit phone numbers. I was like; with all the billions pumped into Nigeria's security sector, Nigeria's security sector still go around buying N100 sim cards for us to call? How in Heavens name is anyone going to remember those numbers in times of emergency? In America they have the famous 911. In Nigeria the easiest to remember 3 digit combination is 419. That number has meant Negative things for far too long. Its about time we put it to good use and turn its meaning to positive.

GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

Bro, 911 works in Lagos try it.
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by chigoizie7(m): 11:33am On May 09, 2015
If n to provide a substantial evidence b4 arrest,na I'm be say these policemen no go ever make any arrest in the whole of GMB 8yrz tenure. nigerian citizens wey get sense pass police, forget say dem de use force and @times them de arrest innocent people + the fact that them de use torture to get confessional statements,some of which are even false.
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 11:49am On May 09, 2015
this one nah story!!! they don't give receipts when you pay so how will they prove it?
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Defcon1(m): 11:54am On May 09, 2015
Iffa hear!
That is how they told us they would get rid of police check-points and N50 egunjegrin
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by enomakos(m): 12:05pm On May 09, 2015
Bail is not free ooooo
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 09, 2015
chymystique:
[size=13pt]IG ARASE is Working!!!... hope this aint just paper talk cheesy[/size]

Guy, all nah wash!!!
The IGP is at best trying to see if he can perpetuate himself in office beyond 29th May 2015.
I can bet my last kobo on it that this Arase man isn't the shining light in the police force that is needed at this auspicious time to carry the burden of GMB'S anti-corruption crusade.
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by littlemistress: 12:24pm On May 09, 2015
reforming d NPF is not & won't be a day's job.. if we really want things to change, it has to start from d people..
sincerely wish d NPF would be purged of it's bad eggs
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by afortress(m): 12:25pm On May 09, 2015
who i go report AIDEYAN... NEW BENIN POLICE station for benin to... every officers there down to the cleaner... are all guilty of bail money
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by yemmit90: 12:36pm On May 09, 2015
Horrlah:

Watch them accuse u of crime u v neva even heard of

perhaps he's not living in Nigeria or never have an encounter with the men in black uniforms.

The only way to rescue yourself from them is by calling your lawyer for immediate action.
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by deltapikin(m): 12:37pm On May 09, 2015
We don hear Mr acting IGP, police Na your friend!
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by charlesucheh(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2015
ARASE!!! You'd better play those cards right o!!! Trying to tally on GmB's lane would not extend your tenure ooO! Dnt forget that you're only there to prepare a proper hand-over note. Hypocrite of an IG!!! Mtchewwwwwm.
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by obiak4(m): 12:51pm On May 09, 2015
someone should tell Mr Arase that I would join the police force if the intelligence unit and anti bomb squad is revived untill then I wouldn't go near them not even with a 12foot pole

....continue my kaya business madam where make I carry the load go
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Horrlah(f): 1:07pm On May 09, 2015
yemmit90:

perhaps he's not living in Nigeria or never have an encounter with the men in black uniforms.

The only way to rescue yourself from them is by calling your lawyer for immediate action.
Abi ooo
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by badesco(m): 1:07pm On May 09, 2015
We all know dat bail is never free in Nigeria and it will never be free. I can understand the new I.G. he is trying to impress the incoming president.
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 09, 2015
until it happen.
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by 49cents(m): 1:17pm On May 09, 2015
aproko247:

http://www.aproko247.com/2015/05/09/dont-pay-for-bail-again-police-ig-warns-nigerians/

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=118651

All na wash joor

When the cells stop stinking then I will not pay for bail

Shey na until presido for cell deal with you for not given him adequate Toshiba

Did he not collect bail money himself

Nigeria is very very messed up
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by khassy(m): 1:19pm On May 09, 2015
forget bail

remove roadblock

that's all we want

undecidedundecided
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by nkemjacob2(m): 1:31pm On May 09, 2015
Hahahahheehehehhuhuhuhuhhohohohhahahahha. I laugh in chinese way.... Dis man want make naija police die for hunger
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by ollyruffy: 1:32pm On May 09, 2015
For Nigeria Police? If i hear. Nigeria Police second name is corruption from the IG level.

Enter into the compound of any police station and witness how they negotiate bride openly as if they are in alaba market.
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by femtan: 1:59pm On May 09, 2015
Hmmmm! trying to impress so that buhari can retain him after may 29. Sharp man!
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 09, 2015
Bail is free, even the bail bond which we sign emphasises that point, but the fact remains that the Police will never let you go until you give them money, they can give it several other names but not that you are paying for bail.
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Jok3r(m): 2:23pm On May 09, 2015
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by aniyphil: 2:41pm On May 09, 2015
What feedback mechanisms are open to the public? Is the IG just gonna sit in his Louis Edet House office in Abuja and see that eediotic constable at Alakara Police Station in Lagos asking for a bail bond? Open up channels through which the public can easily reach your office either by e-mail or dedicated phone lines . . .and be sure to assign credible officers to handle such sensitive tasks cos you don't wanna be sending e-mails or calling those lines and the next thing the men in black are outside your door like "you think say we no go get you?" undecided
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Liverpoolfc(m): 2:42pm On May 09, 2015
police: you fit go call any man to bail ochuko. woman : OK, 20 minutes later police: ochuko come here, but una go tear paper with 5k man : but bail is...... police: oc take this criminal inside ochuko: mama woman: I have the money police: why una go dey make person vex?
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 09, 2015
Tolexander:
if the boldened is tried, i'm damned sure that all the police officers including the IG that made the statement will be prosecuted.

Before he was appointed as the IG, does he wanna tell us that he didn't collect any bail or partook in the sharing of money realized from it.

If it is implemented, it will be well and good! But I don't see any sincerity in what the IG said cos almost all the officers of the NPF are bunch of rotten eggs that need getting rid off, the IG inclusive.
pls let allow this country to move forward. Haba!
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 09, 2015
ibafo police station needs to be checked, the policemen dere are symbols of CORRUPTION. They av made demselve a semi-god in theirselve.
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by criuze(m): 3:07pm On May 09, 2015
tell us how safe we are when intimidated, because am damn sure you can't report to that same police who intimidated you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don’t Waste Time On 2019 Presidency, PDP Tells Fayose / MURIC: Any Yoruba Christian Presidential Candidate will lose in 2023 / Wilfred Machage Is Dead! (Kenya Ambassador To Nigeria Dies At 65)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.