Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,160 members, 7,890,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:50 AM

Simple Break Down On How Football Clubs Make Their Monies - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Simple Break Down On How Football Clubs Make Their Monies (1236 Views)

Where Does The World Monies Go? / Hi Everyone Partner With Me In My Importation Biz See Break Down / How Does Kaymu Make Their Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Break Down On How Football Clubs Make Their Monies by omaigala(m): 10:29am On May 09, 2015
No need for stories on macro economics. Their major source of revenue are in 3 main segments: Matchday Revenue (gate receipts), Broadcasting Revenue (domestic and international), and Commercial Revenue (sponsorship and merchandise).

The small table wey I get for internet go helep us to get an in debt knowledge of how it works.

E.g Arsenal's most expensive match-day and season tickets are £97 and £2,013, with the cheapest coming in at £27 and £1,014. Suppose 30k fans buys the £97 ticket just for a match day, that's £97 X 30,000 = £2910000... This is for one match day alone.

The billboards wey round the fields can generate about £200,000 a week.

The sales of jerseys, shoes and other kits can generate about £9 million pounds a year. Remember say Cr7 jerseys wey Real Madrid sell about a year ago generated almost $200 million US dollars abi na 1 million pounds plus.

This should come as no surprise and actually is somewhat of a “no brainer” when you think about it. The more popular a club is throughout the world, the more point of sale opportunities it will have for fans to purchase merchandise, thus the higher revenues in this area for the clubs with the higher household penetration on a global scale. But the merchandise sales are only a part of why the more notable clubs do so much better in this area.

That been said, the other component is sponsorship revenue, which follows the same logic as merchandise sales. The elite clubs that are known around the world are a golden marketing vehicle for regional brands around the globe. As clubs extend their presence into regions of the world like Asia and Africa, we not only see their merchandise pop up in retail outlets, but we also see regional sponsorship deals popping up with businesses looking to tie themselves to a relevant and meaningful brand that their target audiences will identify with culturally and emotionally.

Ok! make we see another one for here; Another key point to make here is that as brands extend their global reach, the price tag of a spot on their shirt or supplying their kits goes up as well. This is in part why we have seen the rise in “record-breaking” deals in the area of sponsorship for the total team, and not just in the regional space. Deals like Manchester United’s Chevrolet shirt sponsorship and Arsenal’s new kit sponsorship deal with Puma both generated record price tags, driven in part by the club’s expanded global presence and thus, value.

Membership registration, small small adverts wey dey dey their shoes, studs, chin guides and most of all TV right (both national and international) sef don near dey ok to make money to pay players and come make gain for inside.

Abi if person dey make 1.1 million pound as profit a year ee never try? That's like N3.1 billion.

Make I go wash my clothes jare.

cc lalasticlala

Reference: http://www.businessofsoccer.com/2014/02/18/how-do-soccer-clubs-make-money/
Re: Simple Break Down On How Football Clubs Make Their Monies by izuch(m): 10:37am On May 09, 2015
enyimba nko?
Re: Simple Break Down On How Football Clubs Make Their Monies by omaigala(m): 10:57am On May 09, 2015
izuch:
enyimba nko?

Me no know that one o.. I have no idea.
Re: Simple Break Down On How Football Clubs Make Their Monies by Nobody: 11:00am On May 09, 2015
izuch:
enyimba nko?

That position is mine angry
Re: Simple Break Down On How Football Clubs Make Their Monies by izuch(m): 12:15pm On May 09, 2015
emmyrichie:

That position is mine angry

Bring small akpalakpala i go concede the position to you grin
Re: Simple Break Down On How Football Clubs Make Their Monies by izuch(m): 12:16pm On May 09, 2015
omaigala:

Me no know that one o.. I have no idea.

Na half education you give us be that nah, undecided

(1) (Reply)

9 Signs You're Going To Be Extraordinarily Successful / Learn How To Make Different Bead Works / Goods Bus And 10 Ton Truck For Hire!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.