Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,515 members, 7,940,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 02:19 PM

Wireless Networks - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wireless Networks (898 Views)

How Do I Hack Wireless Networks That Are Ticket Based? / How To Use Netstumbler For Scanning Wireless Networks / How To Hack Wireless/lan Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wireless Networks by brianromel(m): 9:30am On Feb 07, 2009
For most of you who own a laptop with a wireless card and know how to search for wireless networks and have even connected to wireless networks to browse the internet.
Please be extremely carefull when next you connect to one cos someone with the right softwares and tools can have full access to your laptop.
If you do a search on google u will find tools like aircrack suite can easily bypass any wireless network security be it no ssid,wep64 or 128 or 256 even wpa security types can be bypassed by these tools and a dude who has the patience to use them.The only disadvantage is that the aircrack suite is not compatible on windows,only linux meaning u need to learn the unix commands to use them.Also not all wireless cards work with the aircrack ng suite.i notice most broadcom and intel wireless cards that come with dell and hp don't work as these softwares need a card that can monitor and inject packets into the network.
I'm still into the process of working with these softwares and learning the commands.
Re: Wireless Networks by brianromel(m): 9:43am On Feb 07, 2009
I also found that the ip address 192.168.1.1 or 1.50 or 1.30 or 1.200 works on most linksys wireless routers.To use it u start ur windows explore or opera browser or firefox and enter the ip address into the address bar and press enter,a screen will pop up prompting u for a username and password which are usually both "admin".This will give u full access to the wireless router.i've tried this on 5 wireless networks and two cybercafes,for the wireless networks it works fine giving me access to change anything and boot out everyone.For the cafes i had to go through run,cmd and type ftp check.Check phenoelite.de for the full username and passwords for most networking devices.
This only works if the net admin forgot to change it when the device was installed,and if i know nigerian net admins well enough,they will forget to change it.
Re: Wireless Networks by gozzilla(m): 9:48am On Feb 07, 2009
interesting.
where can i find the passcode on a linksys wireless router. i kind of don't know how to change the passcode,
Re: Wireless Networks by brianromel(m): 9:59am On Feb 07, 2009
Once your in the router check the security option.
If you still can't get a key use airodump on aircrack suite to see what u can get,feed it the information and the mac address of the router.
Or just reset the router for the fun of it.
Re: Wireless Networks by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 07, 2009
Question: i saw this stuff at planet one at maryland, that when u carry your laptop there and you see there wireless connection, you can connect automatically but it will open your browser to their website which will now ask you for your planet one login, i am wondering how to go about that stuff, i will appreciate if anyone can give me a lead on that.
Re: Wireless Networks by Callie(f): 11:34pm On Feb 07, 2009
please can anyone in the house tell me how i can login into microtik router. everyone can get connected but once you open IE it shows you a login page which appears almost impossible to bypass. off course any web address you type in the search bar it redirects to the microtik login page. Thanks
Re: Wireless Networks by brianromel(m): 12:14am On Feb 08, 2009
That means that the ip address of the router has been changed and the default ip is being used to log users into the network and the internet.
Not much u can do about that cos the network is now linked to a ticket server that gives u a ticket or token to access for a time period.
You next move would be a port scanner,this can tell u which ports are open so u can test it thru the ip of the login page
eg 192.168.1.1:80 or wat ever port.
That can be gruelingly long.as there r a lot of ports.U can try googling about it,as i'm sure someone would have written about how to bypass that,if i find out more about it,i'll let u know.
Hey router man,do u know of any network security tools that work with windows for wireless.
Re: Wireless Networks by soolari(m): 4:27am On Feb 08, 2009
If wana portscan any wireless i wld advice you 2 use nmap port scan
Re: Wireless Networks by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 08, 2009
That makes alot of sense, thanks guys, i will look it up later, but now at least i have a lead.
Re: Wireless Networks by brianromel(m): 11:48am On Feb 08, 2009
After a little research,i found that the little penguin shines well than a windows on all things wireless and network but learning that little guys language is like pitting a bull fight with ms dos commands.
So for all you guys that want to learn better install a linux os or download nimblex os and try learning the commands through it.
Re: Wireless Networks by elvymoore: 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2009
this is a good thread. i never knew it existed.
There is this software used for cracking or decripting WEP keys and used to break into hotspot.it is called Cain and Abel.i ve not used it extensively bu i hope it will be beneficial
Re: Wireless Networks by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 10, 2009
To avoid ban, dont post anything like cracks, illegal anything on nairaland especially not on this board otherwise ban
Re: Wireless Networks by netotse(m): 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2009
@dhtml
i'm sure there's a more user-friendly way on conveying that useful bit of information across to us!
Re: Wireless Networks by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2009
Those that the message is meant for know themselves (not for you and in fact not for elvymoore) - those ones have read the forum rule - and yet one person managed to break the forum rules 34 times in one day after i have issued a warning - so if banning such should not be surprising.
Re: Wireless Networks by ayobase(m): 8:23pm On Feb 10, 2009
yes sir!!!!
Re: Wireless Networks by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 16, 2009
nice 1 guys keep searching cos we all need it

(1) (Reply)

How To Restrict Download On A Network / Lenovo G40-70 Core I3 | 4gb | 1tb | 14" | W8 T / Discount Sales On Hp Laptop On Bestbuy - Micostarmall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.