Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,646 members, 7,951,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:02 PM

Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. (74148 Views)

FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers / Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by tmtech: 2:38pm On May 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
There is no rule that ministers should be technocrats and no evidence WHATSOEVER from anywhere that technocrats perform better than politicians.What should happen which does not happen is that we should have a professional and depoliticized civil service with so called technocrats. Being Minister of aviation does not require technical knowledge but intelligence and administrative experience
The current US Transport secretary who also covers aviation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Foxx

has no "transport" background. Ministers are political appointees and that means what they bring to the table is a political understanding of the yearnings of the people.Their job is to manage technocrats.
What does Dangote know about cement? Why have the cement technocrats not set up a cement company all these years?

Liam Fox was UK secretary for defence and his professional background was medical. We need to strengthen our ministries and make them more professional but that means protecting civil servants from indiscriminate sacking or victimization. That way he pilot flies the plane and the passenger sets the destination.
If government is being run that way then most ministers should be able to manage most ministries
U av a point, buh. Trust me, in a developing nation with a very fragile institutions, we nid technocrats to oversee awa ministries... In a developed world, dia r very strong institutions and mind u, the fact dat dey dia ministers don't av a certificate is such fields doesn't make dem a novice... Imagine a secondary school cert holder bin d health minister, aw do u tink d ministry'll fare
Mind u, dangote is not a minister, he has a lot of professionals(technocrats) working for him... D beta way to put is , Dangote shud hire a novice to oversee the quality control unit of his cement factory den u wud see aw d how tin will play out...once d minister is docile, d ministry is doomed(no strong institutions yet)
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by BlackTechnology: 2:40pm On May 10, 2015
atlwireles:
What's the jumping up and down on this thread about? if govs don't present him a list someone will present him a list. What's important to me is the money issues, for months we have been overwhelmed with states accusing Goodluck of withholding their monthly allocations. This was a major campaign issue. APC almajiris on this forum have repeated that charge over and over again, hopefully those of you waiting for Buhari to supply your state will money from your father's treasury can read the hand writing on the wall.

Jonathan never withheld your state monies and Buhari will not add one kobo to your allocation, so your suffering continues.

Gbam

Tell them

Their suffering continues cool

Buhari

Prove us wrong that you are not

BABA ONE CHANCE

BABA HYPOCRITE

BABA MAGICIAN

Prove us wrong by probing

Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku Rochas Amaechi

Prove us wrong by probing the corrupt Federal Civil Servant which is dominated by Tinubu's people

Sir

Tinubu's people voted you because they believe they can steal the oil wealth and presidency through you

They believe Tinubu through Osinbajo can control your government the way Idiagbon did

Sir

They do not believe in change because if they do, they would have voted you in 2007 and 2011

Remember that you are a descendant of Usman Dan Fodio

WISE UP wink wink wink cool
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by macino1(m): 2:41pm On May 10, 2015
The so called governnors claim lord of the ring in their states. They appoint commissioners without LGA Chairman submitting lists. They then come to FG and make troubles about who becomes Ministers.
Make them go park well for Minister matter jo. This is not the clueless anymore!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by dannewlife(m): 2:44pm On May 10, 2015
This has guts. I like his Frankness. May 29 here we come .
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by BlackTechnology: 2:45pm On May 10, 2015
Rexyl:

I think this is reasonable but it is a pity the way many are being deceived to sheepishly follow politicians in their States and believe all lies they have said against Jonathan. Many State governors including my own State have the guts to say all their faults or failures are tied around President Jonathan neck. This kind of lies has been going on fo some times but unfortunately many can't reason very well again to challenge authenticity of news or stories emanating from State's corridor of power.

Now that Buhari has fired the shot, let's see how people will responde to reckless handling of State affairs. Many States are of the opinion that it is only when Buhari takes over that lives of their people will improve. I SEE THAT AS THE BIGGEST SHAME OF THE CENTURY FOR THOSE STATES.

I see Jonathan smiling while the hypocritical governors weeping

grin

Buhari

Prove us wrong that you are not

BABA ONE CHANCE

BABA HYPOCRITE

BABA MAGICIAN

Prove us wrong by probing

Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku Rochas Amaechi

Prove us wrong by probing the corrupt Federal Civil Servant which is dominated by Tinubu's people

Sir

Tinubu's people voted you because they believe they can steal the oil wealth and presidency through you

They believe Tinubu through Osinbajo can control your government the way Idiagbon did

Sir

They do not believe in change because if they do, they would have voted you in 2007 and 2011

Remember that you are a descendant of Usman Dan Fodio

WISE UP wink wink wink cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Ayomivic(m): 2:52pm On May 10, 2015
It seems God had answerd the Catholic special prayer. Below

' PRAYER FOR NIGERIA'

All powerful and merciful father,You are the God of justice, love and peace You rule over all the nation of the earth Power and might are in your hands. And no one can withstand you. We present our country Nigeria before you. We praise and thank you for you are the source of all we have and are. We sorry for the sins we have committed and for the good deeds we have failed to do.In your loving forgiueness, keep us safe from the punishment we deseve. Lord we are weighed down. Not only by uncertainties But also by moral, economic and political problems. Listen to the cries of your people who confidently turn to you .God of infinite goodness, our strenght in adversity our health in weakness. Our comfort in sorrow be merciful to us your people ,Spare this nation Nigeria from chaos, Anarchy and doom bless us with your kindom of justice, love and peace. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by kinibigdeal(m): 3:02pm On May 10, 2015
Three most handsome politicians in Nigeria

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by omonnakoda: 3:12pm On May 10, 2015
tmtech:

U av a point, buh. Trust me, in a developing nation with a very fragile institutions, we nid technocrats to oversee awa ministries... In a developed world, dia r very strong institutions and mind u, the fact dat dey dia ministers don't av a certificate is such fields doesn't make dem a novice... Imagine a secondary school cert holder bin d health minister, aw do u tink d ministry'll fare
Mind u, dangote is not a minister, he has a lot of professionals(technocrats) working for him... D beta way to put is , Dangote shud hire a novice to oversee the quality control unit of his cement factory den u wud see aw d how tin will play out...once d minister is docile, d ministry is doomed(no strong institutions yet)
Today we have corrupt officials everywhere. If we significantly reduce corruption then things will change in the country I do not see what that has to do with using technocrats who are equally corrupt

I do not agree with you I am afraid. There is no evidence for your claim. If we take the view that corruption is a fundamental problem in Nigeria what does being a technocrat have to do with that.No one is suggesting using school certificate holders. Ministers have technocrats or (should have ) working for him that is what civil servants are supposed to be. If he does not have competent people then no amount of "technocrat" background will achieve anything. Ngozi Okonko-Iweala is a technocrat and has been an abject failure over the last five years. One thing I can say for her is she is completely out of touch with the yearnings and feelings of Nigerians

Government has a purpose. It is not an academic exercise but rather it is to make peoples lives better. The starting point then is to understand the people and to seek to serve them. Awolowo was a lawyer.All the ministers in the western region were politicians and they were committed to service

A minister being docile is a matter of temperament and nothing to do with being a technocrat

Tinubu would be a better minister than any so called technocrat any day because he has a profound capacity to analyse and strategize rather than follow what is written in a textbook

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by 989900: 3:19pm On May 10, 2015
atlwireles:
What's the jumping up and down on this thread about? if govs don't present him a list someone will present him a list. What's important to me is the money issues, for months we have been overwhelmed with states accusing Goodluck of withholding their monthly allocations. This was a major campaign issue. APC almajiris on this forum have repeated that charge over and over again, hopefully those of you waiting for Buhari to supply your state will money from your father's treasury can read the hand writing on the wall.

Jonathan never withheld your state monies and Buhari will not add one kobo to your allocation, so your suffering continues.

People smell accountability.

Time will tell.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Charly68: 3:22pm On May 10, 2015
This is the kind of a man that we really need to tame the erratic governors.. So thru think they can collect allocation and pocket it without any trouble..I think Efcc should start probes from the Governors
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Tinyemeka(m): 3:23pm On May 10, 2015
Praise the Lord!!!

Sweet Jesus. I almost lost my temper while listening to Rochas rant about the 11 months salary backlog owed teachers and how his Commander-In-Chief of Nigeria's solutions was going to come and swipe away all the problems of the land. My heart bled in the face of all the excuses and blame-shifting the man was spewing. He has been in power for 4 years, receiving allocations all those periods, yet he had the audacity to blame the FG for state teachers' salaries (which fall under his purview) that he refused to pay. Is that not insensitive hypocrisy at its peak?

I thank God that this admonition to returning incumbent governors who owe salaries, is coming from Buhari himself. Berem a.k.a Mzjackbauress, Rochas is not just owing teachers. To my knowledge, he's also been owing ITC workers and business partners since April last year. When you blindly support a politician, do you do that based on his antecedents, performances or simply because he is from your place?

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala warned the governors that revenues had and were still dropping sharply due to reduced oil sales receipts and Naira rates, so they should prioritize their expenses and make salaries paramount. In your opinion, do you think that advice was heeded?

When I see people blaming the finance minister for the financial recklessnesses of their governors, I simply move along because it shows that engaging them in a reasonable discourse would simply be a waste of time.

I used to be afraid of supporting Buhari because of the backers that put him in power and what they might have up their sleeves to be executed in the future. I'll just pray that God preserves the man and bless him with the strength and wisdom to be able to resist the trappings of Nigerian "as usual" politics and do things the right way, which he seems to be doing of recent.

God Bless Imo state!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by lionduke(m): 3:25pm On May 10, 2015
Zoharariel:
They think GMB is Ebele Wereype or Orji Uzo Kalu.

Baba tell them; 1 Fulani General is equivalent to 9 Yoruba Generals + 360 Igbo Generals + 720 Ijaw Generals grin

common, Igbo's are known for their bravery. A colonel held the the Fulani general's for 3 solid years with local ingenuity. talk about the weeping General, we know them.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Tinyemeka(m): 3:27pm On May 10, 2015
Ayomivic:
It seems God had answerd the Catholic special prayer. Below

' PRAYER FOR NIGERIA'

All powerful and merciful father,
You are the God of justice, love and peace.
You rule over all the Nations of the Earth.
Power and might are in your hands. And no one can withstand you.
We present our country Nigeria before you.
We praise and thank you for you are the source of all we have and are.
We sorry for the sins we have committed and for the good deeds we have failed to do.
In your loving forgiveness, keep us safe from the punishment we deserve.
Lord we are weighed down. Not only by uncertainties, but also by moral, economic and political problems.
Listen to the cries of your people who confidently turn to you.
God of infinite goodness, our Strength in adversity, our Health in weakness, Our comfort in sorrow, be merciful to us your people.
Spare this nation Nigeria from chaos, anarchy and doom.
Bless us with your kingdom of justice, love and peace.
We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

Amen!
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Tinyemeka(m): 3:34pm On May 10, 2015
IdiAmin1:
If Buhari continues this way, then people like me will believe in the so called change 'cos there can't be a change in polity with +hieves like Tinubu and co.

By the way, where's Mr. Lair M. undecided

LOL. I think Mr Lai Moh'd whose job was simply to run a smear campaign against the person of GEJ is already done. smiley

The man has been MIA these past few weeks. I wonder...
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Blastos(m): 3:36pm On May 10, 2015
tonytony208:

Last time I checked, the king in the north was actually arrowed to death (just joking).

Dat should be because dia was a conspiracy... Now wouldn't the BROS THEM dat made him their party presidential candidate also conspire against him?
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Blastos(m): 3:42pm On May 10, 2015
vivacious01:
What has this got to do with the North now haaa?

MU.MU go watch game of thrones
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by ukandi1(m): 3:48pm On May 10, 2015
ALISMILE:
Guy u er one d dullest guys I ve notticed on NL in recent time! U ve a very chronic comprehension prob! D fact that, u cannot undastnd dat ratherthan go for qualty u wud prefer to go for sombdy frm ur region! That is d prob! I hate to argue issues wit slow pokes! Dat jus wat u er! That u don't even nw that Obamas fada is a kenyan which makes his son(Obama) an African!

hahahahahahahaha.....so pathetic u are... Even a baby in creche knows that Obama's Dad was a kenyan.. Stop ''shooting urself on d leg'' here. How much of nigerian politics do u know that u want to say something about d American politics?
Beta study hard for ur entrance exams and stop saying what u dont know here..
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by mamajaz(f): 3:58pm On May 10, 2015
Wey Temitemi, Oranburukusanto, backyardnostar and dem group?
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by vtsouthpaw(m): 4:01pm On May 10, 2015
It is no more business as usual mak dem knw.
Baba don't mind on whose horse is gored, interest of Nigeria and Nigerians sud b d first tn to consider b4 any action is taken.
Baba bn straight forward since.....19..

God bless Nigeria!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Omila007: 4:04pm On May 10, 2015
Alibaba chancing the 40thieves.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by baralatie(m): 4:07pm On May 10, 2015
Mosaku147:
sharaaaaap theirrr. nothing like the north is back,I would have expected you to say Nigeria is back on track.stop this divesive talk and join hands to move our dear nation forward.
the north is back!
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by baralatie(m): 4:09pm On May 10, 2015
Omila007:
Alibaba chancing the 40thieves.
I remember that scene.Ali a d his dad fighting the 40 thieves. but in this case no be small fight.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by BobUg28(m): 4:17pm On May 10, 2015
*in Buhari's voice during his campaign *

"Nigeria is sitting on a time-bomb and when it explode, it's gonna be so dire,this is the time to salvage Nigeria...Let's join hands together so that we can rescue our dear country-Nigeria"

Baba, I know you truly have in mind to CHANGE this country for good but please sire,Do not listen to the voice of your party Bigwigs whom aimed at enriching their pockets.

We're all looking-up to see a better Nigeria emerge under your administration.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by kayalcomp: 4:22pm On May 10, 2015
Let the song continue : Sai Baba , Sai Buhari ...
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by buklie84: 4:28pm On May 10, 2015
GMB is Gods sent sai baba
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by chidistone: 4:33pm On May 10, 2015
#one chance initial garagara# he must be loyal and allow looting dogs to sleep. Let's wait and see as things unfold.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Ollyfad(f): 4:41pm On May 10, 2015
Blastos:
Them done hustle 4 am (GMB) finish abi?... The time has come for them to know that the masquerade dat dey costumed would turn around to frighten them... It was anticipated.. Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas, Oshiomole, fashola etc should start preparing for d shock of their lives.. THE NORTH IS BACK... Like most people would say, THE KING in the NORTH!!!
i cwiuzly wish dere z a button dat i cn hit for brainless posts like dis!!! ur kinds make me ashamed to b a nigerian!
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Fourwinds: 4:45pm On May 10, 2015
Blastos:
Them done hustle 4 am (GMB) finish abi?... The time has come for them to know that the masquerade dat dey costumed would turn around to frighten them... It was anticipated.. Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas, Oshiomole, fashola etc should start preparing for d shock of their lives.. THE NORTH IS BACK... Like most people would say, THE KING in the NORTH!!!
dat is how it should be. Dose governors are foolish. What is d difference between what PDP did and what dey are suggesting to GMB. GMB is not for dem rather for NIGERIANS
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by victors123: 4:56pm On May 10, 2015
Nice one!!!
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by babsnuel(m): 4:58pm On May 10, 2015
Blastos:
Honestly bro..d bitter truth is dat u jes hating..well its allowed:|
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by 1009ja: 5:00pm On May 10, 2015
Buhari's presidency will be like no other since 1960. Democracy is government of the people for the people.
Who says GMB is not a democrat. These governors collect billions monthly with NOTHING in their states to show for it.
About time we get a true president for ALL Nigerians not just the few thieves who think it is their right to keep us in perpetual misery.
Re: Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 10, 2015
Trypa:

The voting is yet to begin but dear u can campaign for mi

grin grin grin. When am I getting my drink?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari Pictured In A Meeting With British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond / Why Buhari Was ‘Banned’ From Entering U.S. For 15 Years — Atiku / Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.