Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,973 members, 7,880,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:25 AM

If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (34444 Views)

Daughters Of Abdulmunafi Sarina, Owner Of Azman Air / How To Start A Manufacturing Company In Nigeria / Breaking!! US Imposes Sanctions On Owner Of AMIGO Supermarket Abuja!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Pidggin(f): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
I rather drive an Innoson than a KIA.

2 Likes

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by paschenko(m): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
yimikaa:
Op, you're making a whole lot of sense.
Too much sense...

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Chukazu: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
eyeke04:
Chief Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson Group and owner of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Company is a legend! Floating a vehicle manufacturing company in Nigeria isn’t just raising the bar; it is taking the entire lawyers home with you. I can’t just admire him enough, and imagine being him for a bit.

If you haven’t seen his cars anywhere around, that might be because you don’t live close to many government officials. He has been feeding majorly off official vehicles for Federal Government and a couple of big companies. But unless his cars are disposable, that B2B model is not going to hold out much longer. He has to start looking at consumers. Needless to say that there are major entrenched players in consumer cars, but IVM recently showcased #2.9M SUVs and a couple of other cars so I’m guessing he has his thoughts in that direction.

I believe there are ways he can carve out a niche in the consumer market by integrating a network of local support services and going tech. Here’s what he could do:

1) Change that logo. It looks like something designed with Word Art on 2003 Microsoft Word.

2) BRAND. Innoson represents the success of African enterprise. For me, an indigenous car manufacturer in Nigeria is a monumental success, a testimony to the fact that we have defied odds to achieve the unthinkable in Nigeria. IVM cars should be all about celebrating that African greatness. Owning an IVM car should simply mean “I am an African who defied odds to make it in Africa and this car is my trophy!” IVM could have a special line that is ONLY sold to African Royal Father, another one for great professionals, achievers and industrialists like himself, another one for their wives (My husband Udeme is a great man!), one for young professionals, etc. Make IVM a “statement” car! Once you pull up in an IVM, all you are saying is I am a great African!

3) Local support Network. He should have an army of local auto mechanics who can fix any IVM vehicle blindfolded and one hand tied. This is one secret almost all great software company understand, they all have a legion of engineers who can fix and extend their products within customers’ reach.

4) Go tech. This is 2015. Every single product’s performance can be remotely monitored using a cloud service. Detecting malfunctioning parts and notifying the owner, referring him/her to or calling up the nearest IVM certified mechanic in the event of a breakdown (hi, www.Autosave.com.ng), ordering original parts from IVM Konga store should all be part of the IVM experience. It should be impossible to steal/tamper with an IVM car in Nigeria. The cloud service can alert owner of what has been removed and/or report its current location. Instantly alert all nearby hospitals and ambulances in the event of an accident. This could mean partnering with a Telco for connectivity. I’m sure that if IVM visits Yaba (Nigeria’s tech capital), many companies will be more than happy to throw in a couple of months’ worth of free services for car owners.

5) Great Insurance plan. A partnership with a good insurance company could be a game changer. If anything goes wrong, IVM can fix/replace the car. I’m thinking the cloud service can serve as a “brainbox” to help quickly verify claims and shorten the processes.

I believe that he can benefit a lot by leveraging his understanding of the people and collaborating with a LARGE network of other local service providers to build a complete Nigerian lifestyle around IVM cars. I’m sure he can fit all these in and still keep the price low!

I’m sure people will like to see more benefits like free fuel for 1 year, exclusive refill during scarcity, free driver with every car, free breakfast for all primary school children car owners, propellers to fly past traffic, notification on latest movies on cinema and current price of garri but more importantly they will like to know that the car itself works perfectly in the first place and won’t be keeping its Great African owner stranded every now and then.

More grease to your cars and long live IVM.

Obi Ik
Founder, Gospoteric.com: Online Gospel Message store

First apperared on www.projectik..com

you forgot to add marketing and promotions
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Laveda(f): 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
MizMyColi:
grin
Good evening mizmycoli smiley I need your advice on something, I can't ask you here though, could you please drop your email address or bbm pin? Thanks smiley
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Chukazu: 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
ITbomb:
If I have any car that comes with anything remote, that will be the first thing I would disabled.
I want to be in full control of my vehicle, if dem thief am, I will manually find the thief.

The first thing I disabled on my newly installed Windows 10 was cortana, I mean what are you learning my habits for?
I would never own an apple product that every key stroke is sent to servers in US

hope you don't have an email account, twitter, or Facebook? because they also have a server that receives your detailed data in USA for FBI, the reason some of them are not allowed to operate in places like China

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by flokii: 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2015
where Honda, Toyota and d likes dey..

which babe wan follow you enter innosons... abeg make d guy pack go togo.. na there he go sell
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by francizy(m): 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hopefully he does all that and also markets his brand aggressively.. I believe that he should also use one of the popular celebrities as brand ambassador since many people out there loves imitating our celebs and their lifestyles..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by mikhe2(m): 10:39pm On Nov 28, 2015
bettercreature:
He need to start bribing government officials,senators,the presidency inner circle and so on,that is what exactly dangote is doing without that,i dont think Nigeria will ever accept is cars,for such business to be successful in Nigeria,He sure need government help him
That kind of mindset is very bad.

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by viviangist6: 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2015
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by mikolo80: 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
eyeke04:
Chief Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson Group and owner of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Company is a legend! Floating a vehicle manufacturing company in Nigeria isn’t just raising the bar; it is taking the entire lawyers home with you. I can’t just admire him enough, and imagine being him for a bit.

If you haven’t seen his cars anywhere around, that might be because you don’t live close to many government officials. He has been feeding majorly off official vehicles for Federal Government and a couple of big companies. But unless his cars are disposable, that B2B model is not going to hold out much longer. He has to start looking at consumers. Needless to say that there are major entrenched players in consumer cars, but IVM recently showcased #2.9M SUVs and a couple of other cars so I’m guessing he has his thoughts in that direction.

I believe there are ways he can carve out a niche in the consumer market by integrating a network of local support services and going tech. Here’s what he could do:

1) Change that logo. It looks like something designed with Word Art on 2003 Microsoft Word.

2) BRAND. Innoson represents the success of African enterprise. For me, an indigenous car manufacturer in Nigeria is a monumental success, a testimony to the fact that we have defied odds to achieve the unthinkable in Nigeria. IVM cars should be all about celebrating that African greatness. Owning an IVM car should simply mean “I am an African who defied odds to make it in Africa and this car is my trophy!” IVM could have a special line that is ONLY sold to African Royal Father, another one for great professionals, achievers and industrialists like himself, another one for their wives (My husband Udeme is a great man!), one for young professionals, etc. Make IVM a “statement” car! Once you pull up in an IVM, all you are saying is I am a great African!

3) Local support Network. He should have an army of local auto mechanics who can fix any IVM vehicle blindfolded and one hand tied. This is one secret almost all great software company understand, they all have a legion of engineers who can fix and extend their products within customers’ reach.

4) Go tech. This is 2015. Every single product’s performance can be remotely monitored using a cloud service. Detecting malfunctioning parts and notifying the owner, referring him/her to or calling up the nearest IVM certified mechanic in the event of a breakdown (hi, www.Autosave.com.ng), ordering original parts from IVM Konga store should all be part of the IVM experience. It should be impossible to steal/tamper with an IVM car in Nigeria. The cloud service can alert owner of what has been removed and/or report its current location. Instantly alert all nearby hospitals and ambulances in the event of an accident. This could mean partnering with a Telco for connectivity. I’m sure that if IVM visits Yaba (Nigeria’s tech capital), many companies will be more than happy to throw in a couple of months’ worth of free services for car owners.

5) Great Insurance plan. A partnership with a good insurance company could be a game changer. If anything goes wrong, IVM can fix/replace the car. I’m thinking the cloud service can serve as a “brainbox” to help quickly verify claims and shorten the processes.

I believe that he can benefit a lot by leveraging his understanding of the people and collaborating with a LARGE network of other local service providers to build a complete Nigerian lifestyle around IVM cars. I’m sure he can fit all these in and still keep the price low!

I’m sure people will like to see more benefits like free fuel for 1 year, exclusive refill during scarcity, free driver with every car, free breakfast for all primary school children car owners, propellers to fly past traffic, notification on latest movies on cinema and current price of garri but more importantly they will like to know that the car itself works perfectly in the first place and won’t be keeping its Great African owner stranded every now and then.

Obi Ik

he should simply do buy ten or five or even two get One free for federal govt institutions and join/sponsor local politics to get contract from Ibo governors and also give it out as prizes in partnership with glo,mtn promo Coca Cola 7 up etc. and share to footballers and Olympians as reward for doing us proud.

2 Likes

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by RickyTan: 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
God Bless this man. He is a Doer.
We all know Naija needs manufacturing like air.

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by emecheboy2(m): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2015

op guess you are informed that all ivm vehicles are mitsubushi engine so that is not a problem. The only challenge is that toyota has taking over Nigerian maket and mitsubushi parts are not readily available.

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by bettercreature(m): 11:04pm On Nov 28, 2015
mikhe2:
That kind of mindset is very bad.
It's bad but it's the easiest way,Nigerian government made Dangote who he is today,just look at the number of product they helped him to monopolise with lot of wafer and tax break,beside he keep sponsoring them but smart enough not to join politics unlike MKO,just imagine if somebody monopolise rice for you today? Won't you become a billionaire withing the next 6 months?

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by magicminister: 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
dazekid:
Rather than write business proposal/plan and present it officially to his company and get paid you decided to write an article to post on nairaland and get comments. One sharp guy from innoson would catch this now and b getting promotion upandan.

there is nothing special in what he wrote.
Judging from his write up, i can bet he is not a businessman in Nigeria.
The terrain is rugged and Nigerian business is all about connection.
Innoson can design and tweak all he wants but no one would patronize him because 7/10 times, a Nigerian would pick a foreign product over locally manufactured goods.

All innoson needs is government support.
If he got a fraction of support that was given to the likes of dangote them, he would be an unrivaled champion in Africa.
Only GEJ paid him a measure of attention.
Buhari should continued the good work GEJ started but i really doubt he would.

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Revolva(m): 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
cheesy but na true o d name sounds too igbotic....let dem change it...a. Bit to sometin cathy...n d logo sef...na true OP de talk but big ups to innoson motors
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by magicminister: 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2015
Revolva:
cheesy but na true o d name sounds too igbotic....let dem change it...a. Bit to sometin cathy...n d logo sef...na true OP de talk but big ups to innoson motors

About the name being too igbotic: from experience i have learnt that the brand name matters but not as much as product popularity and acceptance. Once the product inundates the market and gets great sales, IVM brand can and would compete with any international brand.

3 Likes

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Revolva(m): 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
magicminister:

About the name being too igbotic: from experience i have learnt that the brand name matters but not as much as product popularity and acceptance. Once the product inundates the market and gets great sales, IVM brand can and would compete with any international brand.

International brand......lol e go Tey ooooo.......,a who wan buy am...lol.
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by mikhe2(m): 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2015
bettercreature:
It's bad but it's the easiest way,Nigerian government made Dangote who he is today,just look at the number of product they helped him to monopolise with lot of wafer and tax break,beside he keep sponsoring them but smart enough not to join politics unlike MKO,just imagine if somebody monopolise rice for you today? Won't you become a billionaire withing the next 6 months?
you are kinda ryt in a way
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by psalmizt(m): 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
Way to go, your suggestions are just on point aside the price of garri bit. ... In all honesty I still wonder why the man is refusing to take a leap of faith. Seeing this writeup it shows clearly that am not the only one who thinks IVM needs big shift in terms of strategy. I have screamed my lungs out endlessly just to get an audience with the man. A partnership with NURTW with partner banks and insurance company will make the brand unstoppable.

Innoson is an African brand and it must be protected. A word of warning though, at the rate other international brand have stormed Nigeria, IVM will be dead in 5years if it doesn't change its approach. Even his fellow Nnewi brother with unbelievable distributorship network overlooked him to set up a ForD shop in Lagos. If na to reuse his IVM assembly line for Ford motors, that would have afforded Innoson some partnership and exclusive line of products. Chukwuma must think... Ramp up his marketing and not be left behind. In this era of car gifts to our security apparatus,there's no reason why Innoson shouldn't feature prominently... These are the guys that will put the word out there for you. Imagine Nigeria donated TOYOTA HULUXES to a sister west African Nation, why was it not IVM? Innoson must wake up from this deep slumber or find out soon enough that it is a shark world out there
eyeke04:

Obi Ik

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by peterjero(m): 11:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
eyeke04:

Obi Ik

Nice one op, he should also think of sponsoring race wars
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by phazotron(m): 12:09am On Nov 29, 2015
he needs a change the branding and the general perception of his product. I personally won't pick a made in naija over a Benz or BMW etc. the automobile market is too competitive to be producing the quality of vehicles he's producing. even his prices aren't competitive. imagine the SUV selling for 5m. I'd rather get myself a used benz gl450 4matic instead. secondly, he should stop partnering with the Chinese especially in the technical matters. the Chinese don't have commensurate experience when it comes to car design and building. he should recruit his technical partners from Korea or Japan. if possible, Germany. his cars need better design, truss me. there's more to say but I can't remember.
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by phazotron(m): 12:11am On Nov 29, 2015
emecheboy2:

op guess you are informed that all ivm vehicles are mitsubushi engine so that is not a problem. The only challenge is that toyota has taking over Nigerian maket and mitsubushi parts are not readily available.

its an obvious fact that Toyota is more popular. let him switch to their engines NAaa
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by phazotron(m): 12:13am On Nov 29, 2015
francizy:
Hopefully he does all that and also markets his brand aggressively.. I believe that he should also use one of the popular celebrities as brand ambassador since many people out there loves imitating our celebs and their lifestyles..

brand ambassador can't help here. its going to be a catastrophic waste of cash. first the product has to be good and has to have a reputation.
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by phazotron(m): 12:20am On Nov 29, 2015
the name of one of his cars is umu. wat kinda name is that? the car business is one that thrives on perception. if pple don't perceive ur vehicle in a cool light, sure screwed. he needs to hire a person who is passionate about cars as the Ceo of the company. because it is passion that his products need to improve.

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by phazotron(m): 12:20am On Nov 29, 2015
the name of one of his cars is umu. wat kinda name is that? the car business is one that thrives on perception. if pple don't perceive ur vehicle in a cool light, sure screwed. he needs to hire a person who is passionate about cars as the Ceo of the company. because it is passion that his products need to improve. he also needs to work on the design of the g5 too.
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Horus(m): 12:49am On Nov 29, 2015
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Horus(m): 12:58am On Nov 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by saasala(m): 1:45am On Nov 29, 2015
Adonis86:
1. Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you. Wear nice shoes.
2. If you sit for more than 11 hours a day, there's a 50% chance you'll die within the next 3 years.
3. There are at least 6 people in the world who look exactly like you. There's a 9% chance that you'll meet one of them in your lifetime.
4. Sleeping without a pillow reduces back pain and keeps your spine stronger.
5. A person’s height is determined by their father, and their weight is determined by their mother.
6. If a part of your body "falls asleep", You can almost always "wake it up" by shaking your head.
7. There are three things the human brain cannot resist noticing - food, attractive people and danger.
8. Right-handed people tend to chew food on their right side.
9. Putting dry tea bags in gym bags or smelly shoes will absorb the unpleasant odor.
10. According to Albert Einstein, if honey bees were to disappear from earth, humans would be dead within 4 years.
11. There are so many kinds of apples, that if you ate a new one every day, it would take over 20 years to try them all.
12. You can survive without eating for weeks, but you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
13. People who laugh a lot are healthier than those who don’t.
14. Laziness and inactivity kills just as many people as smoking.
15. A human brain has a capacity to store 5 times as much information as Wikipedia.
16. Our brain uses the same amount of power as a 10-watt light bulb!!
17. Our body gives enough heat in 30 minutes to boil 1.5 liters of water!!
18. The Ovum egg is the largest cell and the sperm is the smallest cell!!
19. Stomach acid (conc. HCl) is strong enough to dissolve razor blades!!
20. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day & while you walk, SMILE. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
21. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
22. When you wake up in the morning, pray to ask God's guidance for your purpose, today.
23. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
24. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, and almonds.
25. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
26. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts and things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
27. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
28. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
29. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Forgive them for everything.
30. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
31. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
32. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
33. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
34. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
35. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
36. Help the needy, Be generous! Be a 'Giver' not a 'Taker'
37. What other people think of you is none of your business.
38. Time heals everything.
39. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
40. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. Each night before you go to bed, pray to God and be thankful for what you accomplished, today. What if you woke up this morning and only had what you thanked God for yesterday? DON’T FORGET TO THANK GOD FOR EVERYTHING.
43. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
Now: Think about forwarding this to your friends to help them lead a happier and healthier life, too!

Thanks, bless you.
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by otokx(m): 2:15am On Nov 29, 2015
Little by little, we shall get there, cool innovative pointers, innoson should look at selling a cool car at below 1m which will be similar to Kia Rio, then he should increase his service points, don't think there is any in Port Harcourt or Benin.

2 Likes

Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by ThundrCork(m): 2:49am On Nov 29, 2015
Op your brain dey there
Re: If I Were The Owner Of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by ozoro: 5:02am On Nov 29, 2015
Innoson has done well .....congrats.

But......he and many other Nigerians make the mistake of going for big projects, why bother manufacturing complete vehicles and selling only to Nigeria and machine a few African countries?

Innoson should forget trying to manufacture complete vehicles, he will go bust in a few years.... I am not cursing him but how many new car manufacturers have succeeded in the past 50 years on the whole world? Not up to 15.

Innoson should concentrate on something like spare parts eg specialise in spark plugs or anything other small but crucial parts.

I would rather sell 20 million spark plugs to the whole world than a few hundred or thousand cars in a limited market.

That's how the Chinese built their business, millions of small items first, then move to bigger projects.

Just imagine the millions of washers, or ball bearings or plugs that are sold everyday around the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Cannot Afford To Buy Arsenal Football Club – Etcetera / Coronavirus: Abdulsamad Rabiu Redeems ₦1 Billion Pledge To CBN / Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.