Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,833 members, 7,872,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:20 PM

See What Happened Today In Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What Happened Today In Church. (1052 Views)

Pastor Oritsejafor & His Wife Kiss In Church (Photos) / Guy Dancing In Church Chased By Ushers (Hilarious Video) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Happened Today In Church. by Nobody: 10:30am On May 10, 2015
I attend salvation ministries in portharcourt,and the dominant people in the church are from rivers state and the east.I am from the west and an usher in the church,and today is mothers day, I wore an ankara gown only for me to get to church this morning and my leader told me that I can't officiate because I'm not tying a wrapper,I told her I don't have one and I don't like it,she said I should go and buy that only those that tie wrapper will officiate.I felt embarassed and bad cos of the way she said it and the discrimination.
So I'm thinking of leaving the church to another one.
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by demmy0325(m): 10:32am On May 10, 2015
Tot wrapper was meant for women.. undecided
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by delishpot: 10:32am On May 10, 2015
Did they anounce before hand that workers should tie wrapper? If YES, why did you not tie? if NO, she should have let you be.
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by Raysly(m): 10:34am On May 10, 2015
Africans and thier tribal problem If its me I will leave the church
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by Akkord4gov: 10:35am On May 10, 2015
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by izuch(m): 10:40am On May 10, 2015
What's with Some people and being over zealous in church? undecided
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by redcliff: 10:41am On May 10, 2015
Raysly:

Thats how you pipu would be running from little thinfs that does not even account for anything. Now because the op is from another tribe, subconsciously the op feels tribally discriminated if its a uniform for the day why should the op make the order of the officiating un uniformed? Even God sef like orderliness. 1 corinth. 14:40

1 Like

Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by write2obi(m): 10:45am On May 10, 2015
Raysly:
What exactly is tribal about trying to enforce a dress code
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by Raysly(m): 10:50am On May 10, 2015
redcliff:

Thats how you pipu would be running from little thinfs that does not even account for anything. Now because the op is from another tribe, subconsciously the op feels tribally discriminated if its a uniform for the day why should the op make the order of the officiating un uniformed? Even God sef like orderliness. 1 corinth. 14:40

Listen to d op very well didn't you hear him say the way and manner they spoke to him was very bad?
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by redcliff: 10:52am On May 10, 2015
Raysly:

Listen to d op very well didn't you hear him say the way and manner they spoke to him was very bad?

Thars his own side of the story
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by Raysly(m): 10:52am On May 10, 2015
write2obi:
What exactly is tribal about trying to enforce a dress code

Because is from the west I'm a port Harcourt boy I understand what exactly the op is saying
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by Raysly(m): 10:53am On May 10, 2015
Then judge according to what u hear not what you feel or think

redcliff:

Thars his own side of the story
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by mmsen: 10:53am On May 10, 2015
I hope the OP opens her eyes to the nature of religion.

Religion is about being close minded and discriminatory to keep the people in check and ensure that the church gets that money.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by hadura29(m): 10:57am On May 10, 2015
If what the op is saying is actually the real story, "oro ti o Le, ko wa obe rara,". He should join the congregation. They didn't tell him that he won't officiate for the rest of his life na.. Just for that day ni.. Go and join the congregation jare and dance to Gods glory my brother. No kill yourself ooo...

Eeeeeeeh... I tiring ooooooh

1 Like

Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by Nobody: 10:57am On May 10, 2015
I stay close by, just off Abacha road. I can get a wrapper down to you. Pm me. wink
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by onyi4edu(f): 10:58am On May 10, 2015
Leave the church because of what someone said
No! It's either you don't officiate or you go and change.

Don't jump from one church to another, they are all same thing. It's all about CHRIST in the first place not anybody
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by Nobody: 11:03am On May 10, 2015
There was no preinformation concerning the dressing,we were only told to wear native.and this is not the first time they have point it out to me that I'm from the southwest.
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by Rich4god(m): 11:14am On May 10, 2015
Op sef... I think its best the church do away with you cos you are tribalistic... Why did you start by calling the tribes of those that mainly attend the church... Have they ever told you not to officiate on any other day apart from today... Were you barred from officiating cos you are from the West of cos you didnt tie rapper. In my own church, during mothers/fathers day, we dress to honor dem. Even the priest clothing will have something to signify the event of the day... I thinks its you that need to change your thinking and orientation...

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by AmiLaHoit(f): 11:18am On May 10, 2015
Raysly:

If OP wasn't tribalistic, she wld have talked straight and not point out her tribe (we really do not care).
Besides, I noted where she said the woman was rude to her. I can imagine how these "chourcheous" pple behave, she shld endure. A lot of them are like that, always acting like the church is their biological father's company.
Sorry OP

1 Like

Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by Nobody: 11:21am On May 10, 2015
Rich4god:
Op sef... I think its best the church do away with you cos you are tribalistic... Why did you start by calling the tribes of those that mainly attend the church... Have they ever told you not to officiate on any other day apart from today... Were you barred from officiating cos you are from the West of cos you didnt tie rapper. In my own church, during mothers/fathers day, we dress to honor dem. Even the priest clothing will have something to signify the event of the day... I thinks its you that need to change your thinking and orientation...
I m nt tribalistic,if I were I wouldn't worship there I would have gone to RCCG or winners @ least yorubas r dominant there ,I mentiond the tribe for people to understand more,and that was what the leader told me that it is their traditional dressing here in the southsouth.
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by Nobody: 11:32am On May 10, 2015
Stating the dominant tribes weren't necessary. She was wrong if it wasn't really specified that wrapper be used, but then her attitude is the issue and not her tribe. Meanwhile...this is why I enjoy being a floor member.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by Raysly(m): 11:39am On May 10, 2015
AmiLaHoit:

This is my pain about the whole tin
Op sorry

I noted where she said the woman was rude to her. I can imagine how these "chourcheous" pple behave, she shld endure. A lot of them are like that, always acting like the church is their biological father's company.
Sorry OP
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by AmiLaHoit(f): 11:40am On May 10, 2015
Rich4god:

Tell am o o o . To worship no be by force...change church and bet me, ur absence won't be noticed.
#mtcheeew...ira nsi undecided
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by Raysly(m): 11:41am On May 10, 2015
brunnette4real:

I m nt tribalistic,if I were I wouldn't worship there I would have gone to RCCG or winners @ least yorubas r dominant there ,I mentiond the tribe for people to understand more,and that was what the leader told me that it is their traditional dressing here in the southsouth.

Just imagine supposed church of jesus Christ
OP oya locate winners sharply
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by ProPastorChris(m): 11:46am On May 10, 2015
brunnette4real:
I attend salvation ministries in portharcourt,and the dominant people in the church are from rivers state and the east.I am from the west and an usher in the church,and today is mothers day, I wore an ankara gown only for me to get to church this morning and my leader told me that I can't officiate because I'm not tying a wrapper,I told her I don't have one and I don't like it,she said I should go and buy that only those that tie wrapper will officiate.I felt embarassed and bad cos of the way she said it and the discrimination.

Some questions for you
1. We're you told before coming in your Ankara that the dress for the day was wrapper?
2. How long have you been an usher
From your answers, we shall proceed but hold the thought of leaving the church
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by seemples(f): 11:51am On May 10, 2015
hadura29:
If what the op is saying is actually the real story, "oro ti o Le, ko wa obe rara,". He should join the congregation. They didn't tell him that he won't officiate for the rest of his life na.. Just for that day ni.. Go and join the congregation jare and dance to Gods glory my brother. No kill yourself ooo...

I tire ooo...imagine contemplating leaving a church cos of the way a 'layreader' talked to her!!! At that rate she go soon float her own church shocked. She at least get mouth wey dey retort or hiss ...she even fit shine wicked eye give the person for talking rudely grin

@op it's not a tribal thing oo...some pple are simply overbearing ...I'm Igbo in a 'Yoruba' church and I won't take that rubbish
Re: See What Happened Today In Church. by opeaceo: 12:11pm On May 10, 2015
brunnette4real:
Were you informed before now about today's dress code??
If you were, then there's no reason to be upset but if you had no idea, then...
But that's not a "good" reason to leave the church.

(1) (Reply)

Music: Beyond My Reach ~ J. Moss / SERMON JOTTERS: The University Of Spiritual Babies{mfm Sunday Message} / Athiests And Their Logic (how Logical)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.