Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,218 members, 7,934,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 04:05 PM

Is MARVEL Better Than DC - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is MARVEL Better Than DC (1822 Views)

Marvel's Avengers Vs. DC Comics' Justice League: Who's Your Favorite. / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is MARVEL Better Than DC by christopheru(m): 11:29am On May 10, 2015
Lemme Just Go straight to the Point. We all knw about their Super Heroes.
I believe DC superheroes are weird. OK ,they're either weird or
all exactly the same. Except Superman and Batman.
Those two are good. But all of the other ones are just
really weird or essentially the same (meaning they have
different superpowers but the same life and backstory).
While Marvel has more powerful, reality minipulating ,
giant sized and destructible characters. Marvel has
more characters period. DC has 10,000 and marvel
has 35,000
So who's More Better DC or Marvel..
Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by ApexTitan(m): 11:41am On May 10, 2015
You again. What's with these kinds of threads? In the family section it was Girls are cooler than boys, here it's Marvel is better than DC. Maybe in the sports section you will start a
Chelsea is better than Man U thread.

2 Likes

Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by Dragonking: 12:41pm On May 10, 2015
christopheru:
Lemme Just Go straight to the Point. We all knw about their Super Heroes.
I believe DC superheroes are weird. OK ,they're either weird or
all exactly the same. Except Superman and Batman.
Those two are good. But all of the other ones are just
really weird or essentially the same (meaning they have
different superpowers but the same life and backstory).
While Marvel has more powerful, reality minipulating ,
giant sized and destructible characters. Marvel has
more characters period. DC has 10,000 and marvel
has 35,000
So who's More Better DC or Marvel..

DC is better than marvel, go to Google or YouTube and type top 10 superheroes. Number 1-5 are mostly DC characters.. Also, type top 10 supervillain, number 1-5 are mostly DC characters.

This signifies that DC characters are the best superheroes and supervillains.

1 Like

Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by moneyallowed(m): 1:19pm On May 10, 2015
Dragonking:

DC is better than marvel, go to Google or YouTube and type top 10 superheroes. Number 1-5 are mostly DC characters.. Also, type top 10 supervillain, number 1-5 are mostly DC characters.

This signifies that DC characters are the best superheroes and supervillains.
There is really no such thing as top 10 superheroes. What you're more likely to find is top 10 most popular, most powerful....you get the idea. Those lists that usually compile a top 10 settle on popularity as the matrix and your assertion therefore is wrong. Most if not all lists have Superman & Batman as the only DC characters in the top 5 with the other 3 spots going to Marvel. Same thing goes for Supervillains. So using that arguement, Marvel is better. Or we can go the other way and check top 10 worst superheroes/supervillains if you want
If the OP really wants an objective assessment, he has to be more specific. I'm just flattered that comic book companies like DC & Marvel are now important enough to get their own "Girls is cooler than boys" thread

1 Like

Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by Csami(m): 1:42pm On May 10, 2015
Una don start o!

2 Likes

Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by Dragonking: 1:45pm On May 10, 2015
moneyallowed:

There is really no such thing as top 10 superheroes. What you're more likely to find is top 10 most popular, most powerful....you get the idea. Those lists that usually compile a top 10 settle on popularity as the matrix and your assertion therefore is wrong. Most if not all lists have Superman & Batman as the only DC characters in the top 5 with the other 3 spots going to Marvel. Same thing goes for Supervillains. So using that arguement, Marvel is better. Or we can go the other way and check top 10 worst superheroes/supervillains if you want
If the OP really wants an objective assessment, he has to be more specific. I'm just flattered that comic book companies like DC & Marvel are now important enough to get their own "Girls is cooler than boys" thread

Top 10 superheroes: http://www.thetoptens.com/10-best-superheroes/

vnd.youtube:0rY7A22_3m4?vndapp=youtube_mobile&vndclient=mv-google&vndel=watch

http://comicbooks.about.com/od/characters/tp/topsuperhero.htm

DC always takes the top spot. grin

1 Like

Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by moneyallowed(m): 2:13pm On May 10, 2015
Dragonking:

Top 10 superheroes: http://www.thetoptens.com/10-best-superheroes/

vnd.youtube:0rY7A22_3m4?vndapp=youtube_mobile&vndclient=mv-google&vndel=watch

http://comicbooks.about.com/od/characters/tp/topsuperhero.htm

DC always takes the top spot. grin

You're buttressing my point. Both lists have more Marvel heroes in the top ten/five than DC
Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by moneyallowed(m): 2:15pm On May 10, 2015
Csami:
Una don start o!
grin lol
Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by Dragonking: 4:50pm On May 10, 2015
moneyallowed:

You're buttressing my point. Both lists have more Marvel heroes in the top ten/five than DC

by 1..but top superhero is always a DC superhero no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by moneyallowed(m): 5:51pm On May 10, 2015
I can also argue that the only way to objectively measure a superhero's popularity is by using the merchandise sales. After all the most popular will definitely sell the most comics, movies, toys, games and books yes?
Well that title goes to Spiderman, handsdown. He sells more comics, games and movies than Superman and Batman combined grin.
Therefore he is the no 1. The gap isn't even small

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=111109

Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by JUHABACH: 7:06pm On May 10, 2015
there s no doubt that currently, marvel enjoys more commercial success than dc. however, i still prefer dc mostly for their animations and comics.
dc has had some of the most critically acclaimed comic storylines of all times. heck THE WATCHMEN (a dc comic) was the only graphic novel/comic to make it to the new york times list of top 100 greatest novels.
dc just feels more epic/grand to me. not to mention, aquaman rocks!!!!
just my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by GJames(m): 10:07pm On May 10, 2015
I love just one superhero and that hero is in DC
Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by christopheru(m): 1:27pm On May 11, 2015
GJames:
I love just one superhero and that hero is in DC
Which 1
Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by GJames(m): 2:14pm On May 11, 2015
christopheru:
Which 1
Batman
Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by Moarek5k: 6:21pm On May 23, 2015
Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by TonySpike: 6:45pm On May 23, 2015
Almost all Marvel characters are a ripoff of DC characters. DC started the superhero genre as far back as 1934 and Marvel only started in 1939. Please, there is no basis for comparison. ..
Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by Jaymaestro(m): 7:34pm On May 23, 2015
Threads like these has no ends to them — Fans . DC has been better with comics and Marvel movies , also considering their recent success .
Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 23, 2015
When I was growing up, DC was better - then, I used to spend a lot of time reading comics. However, now that I'm all grownup, Marvel had enjoyed more commercial success by churning out seemingly unlimited blockbusters. Thus, I think, Marvel is slightly better than DC Comics presently, at least, in terms of popularity and revenue.
Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by kevinokereh(m): 9:58pm On May 24, 2015
Dc & marvel are both opposite of a coin, there are no better super heroes. It simply depends on the marketing of each company, as we have it Marvel is enjoying that now while DC is behind.

Remember one of the main rules of marketing is branding and adverts, marvel has given out to the masses withing a space of 5years various products ( avengers, ironman, spiderman, captain america, agents of sheild, agent carter, galaxy of the guardian) and more is on its way (antman, deadpool) while Dc gave us few( green lantern, batman, superman, flash, arrow) and the years for its release takes time. smiley
Re: Is MARVEL Better Than DC by damola44(m): 11:24pm On May 24, 2015
DC is the greatest, imagine wat u will see wen u search for daredevil.

(1) (Reply)

4400(forty Four Hundred) / Inside Nollywood / #AMVCA 2013: Full Winners List + Video Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.