Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,305 members, 7,920,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:06 PM

Needs Ur Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Needs Ur Advice (831 Views)

My Cousin Sister Needs Ur Advice!!! / Hello, Please A Brother Needs Ur Advice / On A Cross Road; He Needs Ur Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Needs Ur Advice by ONESOUL: 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2009
I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 8 years. This is the girl that my parents had known and they wanted me to marry her, but Honestly i want to put an end to the whole thing,reason being that she refuse to upgrade herself. I met my girlfriend while i was doing my ND programme,after which i got a direct entry to the university, and now i have graduated and currently working with a multinational company here in Nigeria after many certification courses. I have pleaded to my girlfriend in countless number of times to continue with her education but all prooved abortive. i am a carreer oriented guy and she is not. that means we are not thinking in the same direction. i am kind of guy dat likes doing ''shakara'' for girls and b'cos of this , my friends are always interested in knowing how xclusive my wife will be. i dont think i can cope with her any more and i'am thinking we should quit.

Nairalander what should i do ?
Re: Needs Ur Advice by OBVIOUS(m): 6:53pm On Feb 07, 2009
She's been with you for 8 years,   with no marriage proposals or engagement and u want her to go to school, so that another man can see how much of a treasure she is and snatch her away from you ?  What about you ask her about what she is interested in  and encourage her schooling from her perspective? Maybe she's not a school-type person ? Its seems like u're making ur decision based on what your friends think and how you are perceived vs. love.   Hey my guy , keep in mind that "pride leads to one's downfall." SO, its seems like you want to be with a woman based on what your friends think of them.  sit down there and I doubt if u'll ever get married.

Have you ever heard of jealous friends ? anyways sha, wa a pe ni be
Re: Needs Ur Advice by LIMUEL(m): 7:09pm On Feb 07, 2009
What is her level of Education?
Re: Needs Ur Advice by ONESOUL: 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2009
LIMUEL:

What is her level of Education?

Ordinary National Diploma
Re: Needs Ur Advice by LIMUEL(m): 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2009
You have to move on
There is no point staying in a relationship with someone you are not proud of
It will be very hurting but its clear that there is no shared vision
Just manage the exit maturely
Re: Needs Ur Advice by lexicon(m): 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2009
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Needs Ur Advice by Czarskit(m): 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2009
Hmmn. . .
I tink u r so full of urslf. What do u mean by 'upgrade'? Do u mean her academics or what?

This is like d story of d city boy who just culdn't marry a 'local' girl just because of what his friends would say. He then got married 2 d city gal but spent the remainder of his life 'surviving' in his own home.

Dude, this is Marriage! Not a relationship. It's U who'll live with ur wife, not ur friends. Besides, I thought it was u that's about to get married but it seems like it's ur 'friends' instead.

Chai! I go do make I marry too. . .
Re: Needs Ur Advice by Czarskit(m): 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2009
Hmmn. . .
I tink u r so full of urslf. What do u mean by 'upgrade'? Do u mean her academics or what?

This is like d story of d city boy who just culdn't marry a 'local' girl just because of what his friends would say. He then got married 2 d city gal but spent the remainder of his life 'surviving' in his own home.

Dude, this is Marriage! Not a relationship. It's U who'll live with ur wife, not ur friends. Besides, I thought it was u that's about to get married but it seems like it's ur 'friends' instead.

Re: Needs Ur Advice by Czarskit(m): 9:16pm On Feb 07, 2009
Hmmn. . .

Re: Needs Ur Advice by Czarskit(m): 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2009
Hmmn. . .

Re: Needs Ur Advice by lexicon(m): 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Needs Ur Advice by kellyhand1: 9:44pm On Feb 07, 2009
MY GUY, THINK ON THESE POINTS AND YOU GET YOUR ANSWERS:

1. When you were in the Polytechnic and University, was she there by you or gold-digger?

2. Are your parents in full support of both of you getting married?

3. Since you are now a made guy, is it not possible for you to open a classic business for her or if you prefer, ask what she likes to do?

4. Do you want to spend the rest of your life with someone who may happen to be a strange woman until after the wedding day or someone who wants to reap where she has not sown?

I can continue but I don't think I should because you can think of more advantages u got while you've been dating her.

May God not let you become ruined because I can assure you that there are so many girls out there that will do anything to bring you down.

Take Heed lest you fall.
Re: Needs Ur Advice by ONESOUL: 10:47am On Feb 08, 2009
@kelly_hand . thanks . . . . undecided undecided undecided
Re: Needs Ur Advice by Busybody2(f): 10:55am On Feb 08, 2009
ONESOUL:

I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 8 years. This is the girl that my parents had known and they wanted me to marry her, but Honestly i want to put an end to the whole thing,reason being that she refuse to upgrade herself. I met my girlfriend while i was doing my ND programme,after which i got a direct entry to the university, and now i have graduated and currently working with a multinational company here in Nigeria after many certification courses. I have pleaded to my girlfriend in countless number of times to continue with her education but all prooved abortive. i am a carreer oriented guy and she is not. that means we are not thinking in the same direction. i am kind of guy dat likes doing ''shakara'' for girls and b'cos of this , my friends are always interested in knowing how xclusive my wife will be. i dont think i can cope with her any more and i'am thinking we should quit.

Nairalander what should i do ?

Dump your friends if after 8 years they still don't know who your wife would be or reorientate your mindset and grow some backbone wink

(1) (Reply)

Happy Vals Everyone / First Date Dos And Don'ts / What's The Reason?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.