Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,172 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:13 AM

Why Was Anioma Not Part Of Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was Anioma Not Part Of Biafra? (1239 Views)

James Ibori Conferred With Chieftaincy Title "Ezi-Oyi Anioma" In Delta (Photos) / I Have No Problem With Uduaghan; Anioma Not Part Of Biafra —okowa / APC Again Ooh - Anioma Not Part Of Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Anioma Not Part Of Biafra? by UfuosLaLa: 8:26pm On May 11, 2015
Good evening Nairalanders. I'm new here and i hope I'm posting in the right section. I found out that a handful of the soldiers(e.g Nzeogu, Ifeajuna etc) associated with the so-called 'Igbo coup' of 1966 and the subsequent Biafra struggle were from Present day Delta State(then Mid-West region). Also some popular Igbo figures like Osadebe are from Present day Delta state. Now comes the question- Why was that Igbo part of present Delta State(Delta North) not included in the Map of Biafra? Please o, it's for knowledge sake, I'm not a tribalist abeg.
Re: Why Was Anioma Not Part Of Biafra? by stevoski059(m): 8:45pm On May 11, 2015
of course they are among the land of the rising sun

1 Like

Re: Why Was Anioma Not Part Of Biafra? by Ruffychuks: 8:54pm On May 11, 2015
they were included but decided to cut dem selves off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Anioma Not Part Of Biafra? by ChimaAdeoye: 10:50pm On May 11, 2015
Why did murtala Mohammed murder all Anioma people even when the area was not geographically part of Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Why Was Anioma Not Part Of Biafra? by ahaz: 3:58am On May 12, 2015
UfuosLaLa:
Good evening Nairalanders. I'm new here and i hope I'm posting in the right section. I found out that a handful of the soldiers(e.g Nzeogu, Ifeajuna etc) associated with the so-called 'Igbo coup' of 1966 and the subsequent Biafra struggle were from Present day Delta State(then Mid-West region). Also some popular Igbo figures like Osadebe are from Present day Delta state. Now comes the question- Why was that Igbo part of present Delta State(Delta North) not included in the Map of Biafra? Please o, it's for knowledge sake, I'm not a tribalist abeg.
let me borrow a word used by the Nigerian soldiers to notify those involved in the Biafra struggle nd I quote, the igbos in the east central States and there cousines across the Niger. It is guess that answers ur questions
Re: Why Was Anioma Not Part Of Biafra? by UfuosLaLa: 12:06pm On May 12, 2015
ahaz:
let me borrow a word used by the Nigerian soldiers to notify those involved in the Biafra struggle nd I quote, the igbos in the east central States and there cousines across the Niger. It is guess that answers ur questions
Hmmmm
Re: Why Was Anioma Not Part Of Biafra? by UfuosLaLa: 1:12pm On May 12, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:
Why did murtala Mohammed murder all Anioma people even when the area was not geographically part of Biafra?
I'm looking for answers to a question and here you are bombarding me with another question. I think u know the answer to ur question. Well to the best of my knowledge, 'all Anioma people' were not murdered but about 500 men were murdered by Murtala Muhammed at Asaba. The federal forces gave 'co-operation with their Biafra cousins' in the Biafran advance into the Midwest as reason for their actions- Something i totally condemn.
Re: Why Was Anioma Not Part Of Biafra? by NaijirianKing: 7:48pm On May 12, 2015
Interesting.

UfuosLaLa:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Anioma Not Part Of Biafra? by UfuosLaLa: 10:39pm On May 12, 2015
NaijirianKing:
It was too difficult to defend - it is open to Nigeria on all but one side, the part of the Igbo land that you have to cross the Niger River was better suited to create a new country.

Eventually Ojukwu was going to have all Igbo speaking parts of Nigeria annexed into Biafra through a peace treaty with Nigeria.

NaijirianKing:
It was too difficult to defend - it is open to Nigeria on all but one side, the part of the Igbo land that you have to cross the Niger River was better suited to create a new country.
Eventually Ojukwu was going to have all Igbo speaking parts of Nigeria annexed into Biafra through a peace treaty with Nigeria.
NaijirianKing:

Hmmmmm. Your answer is so satisfactory, succinct and On- Point, thanks a lot. How i wish Biafra succeeded.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Punish Nigerian Army Chiefs, UN Tells President Buhari / A Brief Assessment Of The Performance Of The Buhari Regime So Far / 90% Of People Will Get This Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.