Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,088 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:36 PM

Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% (22542 Views)

2016 Budget: Presidency, National Assembly Agree / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. / Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, N / Assembly Expenses By 50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by anonimi: 8:48am On May 12, 2015
Can he

Will he

SHORTchange uploading grin cheesy
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by deflover(m): 8:48am On May 12, 2015
Wolexdey:
This is a very welcome idea which should be pursue and achieved in this incoming administration. GMB should know that he definitely needs to get things very right and by so doing he should channel this course by leading the movement.
Their salaries needs to be reduced. We need genuine leaders who have the love of the Nation at heart. Slashing their take home would be the best welcoming gift GMB can do to kick-start this incoming administration.
GMD! kindly do the needful.
Thanks.
you lot dont just get it.....the salaries and allowances are fixed by the NASS....only them by law can slash it....

it will take alot for these people to agree to have a pay cut.....the said money is not corruption since its by the law that establishes the house that makes them entitle to the said cash..

GMB can only lobby them for a slash and it would be decided by them if they will take a cut or not....

there is very little oga brain dead can do ...trust me

1 Like

Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by anthonychido: 8:49am On May 12, 2015
That's a good idea ... I pray he works towards it...
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by tiwiex(m): 8:55am On May 12, 2015
RobinHez:
The same lawmakers would need to approve it before it can materialize...so tell me, would they?
The only solution I see is a sit at home protest similar to the subsidy removal. Buhari knows this and I am sure he deeply hopes we van take our destiny in our hands.
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by alhajatiku: 8:58am On May 12, 2015
These are the TRUE NIGERIANS that have this country at HEART. Hope it comes to reality.
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by Nobody: 8:58am On May 12, 2015
grin cheesy Finishing!
IamPatriotic:

stop lying, you earn no salary.
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by tk4rd: 8:58am On May 12, 2015
Highly supported..
It should be slashed by 70% sef..
They should go with only 30% of what they are earning now..
In developed countries, politicians are like normal people in terms of wealth. They are only more powerful and more famous than the rest..
Politics is not business, neither is it an occupation. And in the right sense of it, politics is not even a career.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by tk4rd: 9:00am On May 12, 2015
Highly supported..
It should be slashed by 70% sef..
They should go with only 30% of what they are earning now..
In developed countries, politicians are like normal people in terms of wealth. They are only more powerful and more famous than the rest..
Politics is not business, neither is it an occupation. And in the right sense of it, politics is not even a career.
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by teegbaj101(m): 9:01am On May 12, 2015
ericiland:
it would b a Welc development if he can influence d Nat. Assem to cut their pay.........hop dis is nt too much effect of Kunu frm Baba one chance.....lets wait n hear frm Mr lie lai n other APC camp as speculation.

GEJ my HERO, FAYOSE my ROLE
MODEL..........temitemi1(nairaland 2015)
u sound more clueless than ur stupid otueke master am sure apku must b d major contents of ur skull not brain matter.u should wake up to d new era.ur oga is already stylishly begging not to b persecuted or rather prosecuted it must show u dumbass dat d fool as a whale in his cupboard.d kunu drinking guy has more I.q than u can ever av gotten in a lifetime n if kunu makes some1 speak d way he did one tends to wonder wat gej took truout his tenure not farfetched though (tombo).show me ur friends n I,ll tell u who u are am sure diezani will b ur heroine too.
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by Nobody: 9:17am On May 12, 2015
If he can slash it by 90% it would be better.

All those in politics fo money will leave and make way for serious politicians interested in building the country.
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by secsec(m): 9:44am On May 12, 2015
pls sir ensure all political offices be less rucreative nigerians expect change in everytn
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by redsun(m): 9:46am On May 12, 2015
To be a senator in Nigeria is an automatic ticket to becoming a multi millionaire at the dire expense of suffering and numb Nigerian masses. It sacrilegious, treasonable and day light robbery.

To become a millionaire,you have to think and work hard like bill gate,not just being an opportunistic and mortally ignorant politician.
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by Nobody: 9:47am On May 12, 2015
wachakuta:

KANO – MEMBER-ELECT, House of Representatives, Gaya,/Ajingi/Albasu federal constituency, Abdullahi Mahmud Gaya, has called on the President elect, Muhammadu Buhari to slash 50% expenses of the presidency and National Assembly expenses to garner enough resources to execute capital projects.

Briefing Reporters in Kano, Monday, Gaya, urged all his colleagues to show understanding and sacrifice to take the country forward.

The erstwhile Kano Commissioner of Finance, said “In my opinion I think it will be better for all the elected representatives, beginning from Mr President to membes of parliament, to Ministers, other Advisors and special assistants to demonstrate understanding and sacrifice agree to 50% salary cut” he called.

He said “Since we believe the country needs positive change we should therfore accept it as such. The slash in the expenses should continue till when our dear nation gets to execute capital projects. May be from the time we were inaugurated to another two years,” he insisted.

Gaya further emphasised that, they were all elected to change the trend if the federal government expenses for better. “As it is obtained now 75% of the national budget goes to recurrent expenditure and the remaining 25% goes to capital expenditure. We should not accept this if we really have the county ay heart, ” Gaya challenged profusely.
He stressed that the spending at the Presidential Villa, should also be slashed for the meantime. “So that we get something to work with,” he said.

He also stated that, if Nigeria could copy from Kano state, where leakages were stopped, the in-coming administration of Buhari could get mote resources to work with.

“In Kano state the public treasury is being guarded and guided jealously with care and accountability, which resulted into a disciplined fiscal responsibility. Buhari and all other representatives should copy from Kano,”.

In our budget in Kano, we spend 75% in capital expenditure while only 25% goes to recurrent spending,” Gaya posits.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/buhari-urged-to-slash-presidency-n-assembly-expenses-by-50/
If the bolded is true, the governor of Kano has my respect all time. I doff my hat
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by gwales: 9:53am On May 12, 2015
koastar:

If the bolded is true, the governor of Kano has my respect all time. I doff my hat
capital expenditure have always been greater than recurrent expenditure in kano
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by Yemiolads(f): 9:57am On May 12, 2015
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by Chinom(m): 10:16am On May 12, 2015
deflover:

you lot dont just get it.....the salaries and allowances are fixed by the NASS....only them by law can slash it....

it will take alot for these people to agree to have a pay cut.....the said money is not corruption since its by the law that establishes the house that makes them entitle to the said cash..

GMB can only lobby them for a slash and it would be decided by them if they will take a cut or not....

You guys keep repeating this hogwash to give the impression you are constitutional experts. So if members of the NASS decide to award themselves N1billion a month, the president and the rest of us will just have to accept it ? !! You are the ones who DON"T get it.
A member of the same NASS from Kano is urging the President, not his collegues in the house to slash the salaries by 50% and you think he does not know what he is saying.
Why did he not ask the senate president or the House speaker to slash it ?. I am not going to explain it again, but the president has it in all his powers to slash any public servants salary if he wishes to. Members of the NASS are public servants, paid from tax payers money.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by shaiyenoni: 10:31am On May 12, 2015
Isorite
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by kabirpops: 10:37am On May 12, 2015
Good ideas
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by samtechcomm: 10:56am On May 12, 2015
Do u know u can get affordable data from p.tech communications! It works on all devices
mtn
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
Etisalat,airtel, glo
500mb @ 500
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
All Valid 4 30days
Call Chris on 08109910475
BBM 55BD07F3 . Larger sizes available.
Plz rebroadcast
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by ironbody03(m): 11:17am On May 12, 2015
All is well
NOTHING MUTCH TO SAY
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by ericiland: 11:46am On May 12, 2015
teegbaj101:
u sound more clueless than ur stupid otueke master am sure apku must b d major contents of ur skull not brain matter.u should wake up to d new era.ur oga is already stylishly begging not to b persecuted or rather prosecuted it must show u dumbass dat d fool as a whale in his cupboard.d kunu drinking guy has more I.q than u can ever av gotten in a lifetime n if kunu makes some1 speak d way he did one tends to wonder wat gej took truout his tenure not farfetched though (tombo).show me ur friends n I,ll tell u who u are am sure diezani will b ur heroine too.

u can always make yr poin clear wt out insulting.
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by boujaye: 12:10pm On May 12, 2015
dem go gree? sycophants parading themselves as agent of change!
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by Wolexdey(m): 12:25pm On May 12, 2015
deflover:

In as much I want to believe what you have typed, I still would insist that which ever way, by Law or by GMB stating it publicly, the right thing should be done.

A lot of Nigerians are out there suffering daily, unemployment has crippled the youths. In fact a lot of things have gone wrong.

The Law definitely needs to be amended. Who needs to beg this people, for what reason? Mtchewww.. Just wait and see, by the time people keep speaking up, they themselves will be seriously ashamed and then they got no choice but to agree.

Nigerians need to speak. We should all continue to raise our voice. Enough of this wicked take home by this set of people when the youths can't boast of jobs not to talk of other challenges facing the Nation presently.

GMB. Kindly do the needful. Nigerians are suffering and GMB knows.
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by synergycom19: 1:05pm On May 12, 2015
That's the only way Nigerians can take them serious
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by Adezy1(m): 2:33pm On May 12, 2015
Naija will be great if only d cheap talks are expensively implemented
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by hasjoe(m): 3:11pm On May 12, 2015
I wonder why we the masses allowed this kind of situation in the first place. At what point did we find ourselves in this mess? Was our collective silence on the issue a mere coincidence or a case of arm twisting by our supposed representatives. Do we have any choice as regards the handling of this matter? For the much touted change to be actualised, all hands most be on deck to ensure the accomplishment of this noble task. The legislators, the Executive and other relevant stakeholders should do justice to the issue upon inauguration. If this excessive spending on governance is identified as major reason for our backwardness, then, we should all do the needful to get things right to portray the change that we so much need.
Re: Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% by poiZon: 4:13pm On May 12, 2015
boman2014:
HERE COMES ANOTHER SYCHO!

it takes a SOUND psycho to identify a psycho!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Would PDP Governors Visit APC Benue But Ignore PDP Taraba? / APC Asks Buhari To Send Soldiers To Ogun For Election / Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.