Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,992 members, 7,915,910 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:08 PM

Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? (960 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report / Keep Quiet! Ex-Militants Tell Edwin Clark / What Would You Miss About United Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by NSNA: 11:41am On Feb 08, 2009
Gaddafi's reported proposals are a single African military force, a single currency and a single passport for Africans to move freely around the continent.

Is this going to make Africa a super power?
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by afiamanu(f): 11:53am On Feb 08, 2009
I'm pretty sure that it's because they don't find it newsworthy, they'd rather show some celevrity going mad, or maybe they feel that the chances this can actually happen are slim to none.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Becomrrich: 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2009
Gaddafi's idea is not an accepted idea to africa. We do not believe africa shoul be one country. It is stupid to even think about africa been one country. It mean we would have just one vote at the unitred nation. we are not that stupid. We would not be able to make impact in the world with one vote.

We have 53 vote at the united nation of the 200 vote. why would we want to reduce it to 1 vote. . and we would not reduce that voting power. We are not a stupid people as people have assumed.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2009
For once Becomerich is making sense, albeit partially.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Becomrrich: 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2009
And look at the moment the USA would not want Gaddafi's  idea, since it is not to thier own advantage. The USA as a black man obama as president. It means at the United nation, most africa countries would been watching the way obama vote at the united nation to detemine where they would vote in support of Obama.

It technically means the USA have won in the power game at the UN. And most USA policy may go thru easy under obama. 1 + 53 votes.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2009
Superpower? lol, yepp, so will Africa be superman or joker?

I dnt see this United [i]States [/i]of Africa or United [i]Countries [/i]of Africa undecided
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by bawomolo(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2009
they are not speaking about it because it's a pan-africanist pipe dream. This idea has gone way back to Kwame Nkrumah.

Becomrrich:

And look at the moment the USA would not want Gaddafi's  idea, since it is not to thier own advantage. The USA as a black man obama as president. It means at the United nation, most africa countries would been watching the way obama vote at the united nation to detemine where they would vote in support of Obama.

It technically means the USA have won in the power game at the UN. And most USA policy may go thru easy under obama. 1 + 53 votes.

meaningless tangent.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by strangleyo: 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2009
Africa can't be united in a shotgun wedding. By an Arab of all people.

Africa will unite in the long term, sub saran africa will. But not in the next 50 years. The integration must first be economic, as in the European Union. We can then think about political.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Becomrrich: 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2009
Even at this stage, what do you get in africa ?  wars and wars. And now you claim you want to bring all together. That not a smart move. In nigeria only we have over 250 ethnics and  the united state only speak english.

In nigeria we are trying to break it. you are talking about a stupid idea.  Africans are not that stupid. It is not a smart idea. Ecowas would serve that purposes. we have to keep that 53 vote. Kwame Nkrumah idea is out of date and not what africa needs at the moment. time have passby.

the idea of EU is better but on region section.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2009
@Poster, the United States of Africa dream is not new; it has been reported over and over, and even today by the western media. If you Google the idea, you will find some reports of it, this week alone on BBC, CNN, etc.
Now, I Think the main question is what are we going to do about this ridiculousness? What stops the morons in office from signing the deal soon?
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Becomrrich: 9:21pm On Feb 08, 2009
Yar adua would not sign the nonsense. Yar adua is not that stupid. the senate would block it. I can tell you that. take my word for it.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Becomrrich: 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2009
It is not the advantage of the USA to have a united state of africa. They have problem with china and india already. Now imagine africa. 

it is a stupid idea. it would be a failure. We need the type of EU idea in west africa. We need to make our currency one. And change aviation laws. That way. west africa airline can fly from place to place. Not US of africa.
We need to remove travelling barriers.

Nigeria have to be focus on west africa and not try to get involve with africa . The first thing is to move the yorubas and bendle area to benin republic. That way you reduce the complain of other west africa countries of domination by nigeria.

west africa citizen should not require permanent resident card to live in ecowas.
Make sure the ecowas passport thing is inplace.
Have a single currency.
Remove all travelling barrier in west africa.
Have a central bank of westafrica.
Upgrade the lagos  stock exchange  to Ecowas  stock exchange. Since more than 70% of the trading is already been done at the lagos stock exchange.
Introduce the ecowas company licence board.- which would register company within ecowas.  This would allow them to be able to have branch in all countries in ecowas. but requires a second licence in the country of operation based on country laws.

I have to go . have a wonderful day.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2009
Left to me, I see nothing wrong with sub Saharan Africans uniting not as one country but for military and economic purposes. The Gaddafi's proposal is for the good of Arabs not for Africans at all. He knows the presence of Arabs in North Africa is threatened in the near future. He's trying to hide his own atrocities. Gaddafi, if I remember correctly has been pushing for pan Arabism which has failed to actualize countless times and is still failing. Africans are blinded by religion anyway so I won't be surprised if the Muslims support this cause it's coming from an Arab.

Africans need to unite on their own. Not under Arabs. We've been slaying ourselves for far too long. If we don't unite, we'll keep getting  raped by Europeans and Arabs and soon to join Asians.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by asha80(m): 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2009
Nigerians neva unite finish na to think of africa uniting.What a joke.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by SkyBlue1: 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2009
9jaganja:

Left to me, I see nothing wrong with sub Saharan Africans uniting not as one country but for military and economic purposes. The Gaddafi's proposal is for the good of Arabs not for Africans at all. He knows the presence of Arabs in North Africa is threatened in the near future. He's trying to hide his own atrocities. Gaddafi, if I remember correctly has been pushing for pan Arabism which has failed to actualize countless times and is still failing. Africans are blinded by religion anyway so I won't be surprised if the Muslims support this cause it's coming from an Arab.

Africans need to unite on their own. Not under Arabs. We've been slaying ourselves for far too long. If we don't unite, we'll keep getting raped by Europeans and Arabs and soon to join Asians.

LOL, you make the slaving thing sound like the career path of africa, like "i have been a cab driver for too long, i am thinking of going into finance" lol. Quite aptly put and interesting choice of metaphors cheesy
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by tpia: 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2009
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2009
tpia

How are u? No time no chat.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by oderemo(m): 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2009
That's how it was in the past and thats how its continuing to be.

true talk.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2009
asha 80:

[b]Nigerians neva unite finish na to think of africa uniting.[/b]What a joke.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Grizzly(m): 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2009
Thats a load of bull!!!
that would be a catastrophy,
infact, i'm sorry but its impossible
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by strangleyo: 10:59pm On Feb 08, 2009
IF Gaddafi is serious and wants to really get the ball rolling. Sign a free trade agreement and labour agreement between all members of the AU. A massive step in the right direction.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by tpia: 11:11pm On Feb 08, 2009
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by tpia: 11:19pm On Feb 08, 2009
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by dayokanu(m): 5:42am On Feb 09, 2009
He should pay the debt of all African countries first
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Sammy107d(m): 9:21am On Feb 09, 2009
@ Post.

Maybe they think it's good news.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 09, 2009
dayokanu:

Africans can like awoof like kilishi. tongue
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by sashbaby(f): 10:32am On Feb 09, 2009
its not feasible.most african countries are still embroiled in ethnic and tribal conflicts.the economic stabilty of most african state is nothing to discuss about.i think sudan is close to gaddafi's country what is he doing to end the conflict there.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Kobojunkie: 1:55pm On Feb 09, 2009
dayokanu:

What good will that do? What good will his so-called United states of Africa do? I mean this plan to me is as useless as the AU.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by RSA(m): 1:57pm On Feb 09, 2009
Maybe we should first try dividing Africa into 5 regions,Southern,Western,Northern,Eastern,Central Africa and see if it can work,and if does we have a better opportunity to unite all the regions,to make one big Africa States United.It wont happen.
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Sammy107d(m): 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2009
good idea
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Jarus(m): 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2009
We have 53 vote at the united nation of the 200 vote. why would we want to reduce it to 1 vote. . and we would not reduce that voting power. We are not a stupid people as people have assumed.
The most sensible statement from Becommrich I have ever read!
Re: Why Is The Media Quiet About United States Of Africa? by Muza(m): 5:26pm On Feb 09, 2009
I think why they are quiet is that they'd rather not waste their pens on frivolous and unrealistic issues.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Senior Assistant To Governor Chime On Diaspora Matters And Special / Fraud: Police Arrest Ogunleye, Ndic’s Md / "Being Obama's Brother"- Obama's Kenyan Brother Tells His Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.