Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,268 members, 7,884,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:25 AM

@bukolasaraki Seeks Community Based Conflict Resolution - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / @bukolasaraki Seeks Community Based Conflict Resolution (314 Views)

Hilarious New Year Resolution My Friend Sent Me On Whatsapp / @bukolasaraki Mourns Aminu Saleh / @bukolasaraki Seeks Community Based Conflict Resolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

@bukolasaraki Seeks Community Based Conflict Resolution by onile0500(m): 2:01pm On May 12, 2015
SARAKI SEEKS COMMUNITY BASED CONFLICT RESOLUTION

FORMER Governor of Kwara State, Bukola Saraki, has canvassed a virile community-based conflict resolution mechanism towards prompt prevention of violence in the society.
Saraki said it was only when people’s emotions are bottled up that they would resort to violence, noting that no democratic era should promote hostility.

He spoke yesterday in Ilorin during a condolence visit to Mogaji Are of Ilorin, Alhaji Aremu Zubir, who was among the victims of the recent violent crisis in some parts of the town, leading to the death of three people and wanton destruction of property valued at millions of naira.

According to him, “we are surprised at the records of the unfortunate crisis in Ilorin, the town of peace and harmony. We are therefore using this medium to appeal to all our youths to always take their grievances to elders rather than taking laws into their hands. If we follow this method, we will have lesser crises among ourselves.”

Saraki, the senator representing Kwara Central added, “the state government must be commended for the swift action it has taken. Since I arrived yesterday (Saturday) I have noticed some calmness and peace. We are very hopeful that such a thing will not occur again and the kind of atmosphere we are experiencing now is the wish of the people and that of the state government.

“I think on the basis of that, whatever needs to be done, either law or executive action, I am sure the state will do that. We will support anything that will ensure the sustainability of this level of peace and tranquillity.”

He added, “I believe that the level of violence perpetrated by the hoodlums is totally unacceptable in any society. The challenges of unemployment are still not an excuse for this kind of behaviour. Our community is known for peace. We must continue to protect that image; that is the image we inherited from our forefathers.

“It is the responsibility of parents to ensure our children understand that Kwara State is a peace loving environment. We are not accustomed to violence. It is the responsibility of all parents, community and government to ensure peace.”

Zubir thanked the senator and pledged continuous supports for peaceful co-existence in the town just as he believed that all the parties in the crises had since learnt their lessons.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nairalanders,pls I Need Ur Advice. / Daniel Ademinokan Expresses His Love For Stella Damasus In Radio Interview / Mikel Set To Join Dubai Club Al Ain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.