Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,028 members, 7,896,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 11:19 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (723384 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by boneruns(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
lomy:

This was my story few months back. Family and friends discouraged me hence they refused to sponsor me cuz I'm a woman who should be thinking about marriage and not education. I was determined to sponsor myself come what may with God on my side. I'm getting my i-20 soon from Murray State University and I've stopped discussing this topic with family and friends. I'll surprise them with my visa soon by God's grace.
The earlier you stop telling people about it, the better. It is your personal dream and you alone can make it come through. Remember that no one actually cares about you until you make it. God bless you

Thank you.

I appreciate your comment and advice.

I have resolved not to discuss such issues them again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by boneruns(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nabylet:

Then stop telling people. They say if you want to get to your destination, don't tell anyone about your journey. Except people that you strongly believe will help you, if you need people that share same ambitions with you, there are enough people here on Nairaland that will motivate you and carry you along. This e-fam is more than enough for you. Trust me.

Thank you.

I appreciate your comment and advice.

I have resolved not to discuss such issues them again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
zeezahbee:
When it's obvious that the babe is using his money tO service another guy outside. He gives her money, she's all lovey. He doesn't give her, she stay away. I probably will do this to somone I don't love grin abeleja yan

Btw, what's my own sef.

Abeg who's coming to Houston ?? I know everyone love freebies, I figured Unis in Houston don't give funding until after a year
Don't mind me.... I just dey whine you! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
lomy:

This was my story few months back. Family and friends discouraged me hence they refused to sponsor me cuz I'm a woman who should be thinking about marriage and not education. I was determined to sponsor myself come what may with God on my side. I'm getting my i-20 soon from Murray State University and I've stopped discussing this topic with family and friends. I'll surprise them with my visa soon by God's grace.
The earlier you stop telling people about it, the better. It is your personal dream and you alone can make it come through. Remember that no one actually cares about you until you make it. God bless you
Spot on, you are actually right. Although I am more of introvert and only my parents and siblings knew but anytime I tell my friends if they all like to further more, leave Nig and get that good live. they all say no, no and no. I was actually asking them so I can see if everyone think the same way I do.

I jejely started and they never knew until I travelled. You actually don't need anyone to tell you to move on and succeed.

Some people are actually so comfortable to be stagnant especially ladies. Few of my friends are either married or planning to. Some of them thinks marriage is just the top of it

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by arhziz: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
Greetings, i'm still a newbie on here and i got a question, i just got off from gtb to pay my Visa fee but they told me that there network is bad, pls what is the alternative way to pay the fee
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by tosynbolade(m): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nabylet:

Next week Wednesday.

Mine too is next week Wednesday,already having insomnia...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by lomy(f): 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
zeezahbee:
Spot on, you are actually right. Although I am more of introvert and only my parents and siblings knew but anytime I tell my friends if they all like to further more, leave Nig and get that good live. they all say no, no and no. I was actually asking them so I can see if everyone think the same way I do.

I jejely started and they never knew until I travelled. You actually don't need anyone to tell you to move on and succeed.

Some people are actually so comfortable to be stagnant especially ladies. Few of my friends are either married or planning to. Some of them thinks marriage is just the top of it

Exactly... I can't fit shout. smiley
When did you travel and which school are you in?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 1:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
tosynbolade:

hahahahaahahaha...relax
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
tosynbolade:

I thought I'm the only one, been counting down he days, didn't even sleep well last night. God help us. We will get our VISAs, no two ways about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by tosynbolade(m): 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
texrem:

hahahahaahahaha...relax

Boss I tell you,it's not an easy sensation
Nabylet:

I thought I'm the only one, been counting down he days, didn't even sleep well last night. God help us. We will get our VISAs, no two ways about it.

Lol..amen yes we will!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
amanze15:
Abeg person send me a printed out paper with flight itenery ?! Abeg na the thing be tickets abi na those hard paper wey we dey see for TV grin I never travel before o

The itinerary should contain a confirmation number/ticket number. Go to the airline website and confirm the details of your trip with that.
You'll get your boarding pass(es) at the airport when you check in...or 24 hours before your flight if you choose to print it then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Graphical(f): 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
Berex01, I cant access that email address. Its deactivated, I think due to lack of use. Will post a new email address soonest. So sorry I have been offline for sometime now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
texrem:
Some paid the sevis fee for me on tuesday afternoon in US...and its yet to reflect on their website.. please what could ve been the delay and my interview is on monday..

Your interview is ment to be today, give us update nau
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
So nobody de come west virginia undecided undecided undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nabylet:

not today again....relax...update loading
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
amanze15:
Abeg person send me a printed out paper with flight itenery ?! Abeg na the thing be tickets abi na those hard paper wey we dey see for TV grin I never travel before o

Yes if it was booked online without going to their office, you can make use of it and no problem with it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
benjaminiyke:
Bro my Babe wan empty my account... Today she will say I want new hair,tomorrow new bag,next tomorrow new dress. Can you believe after that post,she asked me for money again but I refused and she got angry. she hasn't called me for 5 days now,I myself I also ignored her. Nigeria girls eh,God Forbid!

You self no try.. You keep on giving her and you didn't learn and give yourself brain because you have enough money and now that money is not much like before, it was then you sharply react and give yourself brain..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
Walspring:

You self no try.. You keep on giving her and you didn't learn and give yourself brain because you have enough money and now that money is not much like before, it was then you sharply react and give yourself brain..

the guy is on juju..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
profojah:

No No No!!!! He love the girl and the girl loves him much,. Why are you trying to give advice to separate them grin.
Benjaminiyke.. You know; behind every successful man, there is surely a woman! smiley

As if you will do the same if you are in the guy shoe grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
stryda:
Hello, My VISA got approved today. Transcript coming up soon.

It was only God.

Thank you Guys for everything

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
boneruns:

Bros, I will be happy to hear from you.

Thanks

In my opinion, your passion is the most important thing.You need to sit down and ask yourself: why do you want a ggraduate degree, how does it help your career, what next after grad school and how reliable is it amongst other things that are personal to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
arhziz:
Greetings, i'm still a newbie on here and i got a question, i just got off from gtb to pay my Visa fee but they told me that there network is bad, pls what is the alternative way to pay the fee
thanks

You wait for their network to be good... Because only Gtbank and process US visa payment...

If you have online banking with token, you can do it yourself at home and print it out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
texrem:

the guy is on juju..

No mind the guy, He didn't finish the movie at all grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
jakeharris:
So nobody de come west virginia undecided undecided undecided

Ask if they have full ride or partial ride for me and i will come.. Am serious oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
stryda:
VO: Good Morning Sir
Me: Good Morning Sir
VO: How are you doing today?
Me: I am doing fine Thank you. How are you doing today Sir?
VO: I am doing well. May I have your docs please?
Me: Sure, here you go.*passes Docs*
VO: Thank you. Please put your 4 fingers on the white light for verification.
VO: I see you are going to University of Central Missouri, Why did you pick this school?
Me: I chose this school because of the affordability, its affiliations with corporate Organizations through Missouri Campus Innovation
VO: Sorry, i didn't hear you. Can you repeat yourself
Me: I chose this school because of the affordability, the availability of a study abroad program, its affiliation with corporate partners through Missouri Campus innovation thus helping to reduce cost, also for internship opportunities with these organizations.
Vo: OK. How did you find out about this school?
Me: I did an extensive research on schools that offered my course of study at the graduate level, had a study abroad program, had good affiliations with companies for internship purposes and had a cost of tuition inline with my family's budget.
Vo: Why this course
Me: I studied comp science in my first degree and decided to specialize in IT so as to increase my knowledge in the field
Vo: Who will fund your course?
Me: My parents.
Vo: What do they do. he asked me 4 times
Me: Told them.
VO: Passes me back my i-20. in my mind i am like what happened na.
VO: Your Visa has been approved and would be available for pick up
Me: Thank you i am grateful

It could have only been God.

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
innovativeame:
djmakson, I'm here ooo, thanks for checking up on me.

My pleasure bro. Welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by matthew1234: 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
Bro na him,them go soon give u the TV own

amanze15:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nabylet:

I got your text last night and i replied you back but it bounced back this morning..

I resend it again, I dont know if you get it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by matthew1234: 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
Matthewokoh371@yahoo.com

lomy:

Hello dear... I'll be coming to MSU by January, I applied for Spring 2016. Can you drop your email address? Need some info from you please. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
zeezahbee:

When is yours coming up with Happney65 or Hapney65
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 3:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
tosynbolade:

Lol...It's a normal feeling. Just relax by taking your mind off it and not putting yourself under pressure. I also felt that way days before my interview but then I BELIEVED!

What I did:

I printed out plenty of transcripts (more of approvals than denials). About 50 of it. I then analysed one by one, picked out the FAQs and the major ones, made a draft of possible responces (although my strategy was never to cram) and thereafter contacted a few gurus to help look into the draft via pm and I got beautiful responces from people right here.

All what I stated above requires commitment and perseverance. It wasn't easy but it was worth the while!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
Walspring:

I got your text last night and i replied you back but it bounced back this morning..

I resend it again, I dont know if you get it

nope....please resend

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (402)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

Viewing this topic: 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.