Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,935 members, 7,938,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (733989 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
I don miss interesting topic for few days but i need answers to some question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
LagosNIV:

So hopefully this is a lesson. Some of the VOs have a bad reputation on Nairaland because people see them being refused (1)..... but maybe you are only seeing bad applicants get refused. Trying to dodge out of line delays the line for everyone else and, honestly (2).... we see this and it immediately makes us suspect that you are trying to hide something (3).... Just do the right thing and keep the line moving!

@bold 1

Dont see it that way because you are doing your job and you all should keep it up and those are part of the things you all should just overlook.

My question is it no advisable to research even job interview and test applicants still go with their research/practice questions and answers but keep it inside their folder

N.B Humans are prone to error(s) and even computer or computer technology as well.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
tipssy1:

@lagosNIV am not against ur response but....

Bros, i am sure in my spirit that this will be discussed in the worker's meeting and they will find a way to help and adjust... But remember that the are psychologist as well so those who lost composure i dont think it will be used against them..

@all

For the mean time we should just respect everyone here that is what i will say.

That's my own opinion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:01am On Aug 14, 2015
Sorbital:
Please someone should please help me decide this....I no be 'airboat', my school resumes 24th August, got a week extension from the school to now resume on 31st August....

I have got two potential dates I intend to travel on depending on your professional advice...

1. 22nd August.......$1284.3
2. 27th August......$925.90

Diff in price = $358.4 = N71680 = some worth big money to forfeit...

A beg, what do you guys advise

Maybe this will help flight from Lagos to NY or Washington is 155k, i got that message twice or thrice from GTbank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:03am On Aug 14, 2015
dannybrown19:
i want to thank God for this thread and for the people he has been using to touch lives here.
visa approved today in abuja consulate. was interviewed by the man on window 6
i slept around 2 am and woke up 4am cuz the sleep wasnt coming.
left the house 5:33am, got to the embassy around 6:25am, was just catching cold. decided to seat and rehearse my prepared transcript.
fast forward to the interview.
the man on window 8 just dey dash out the blue paper, was just praying not to be interviewed by him and the woman in window 9 was killing it with repeated questions

Me: Good morning sir (with a smile)
Vo: Good morning(the man just bone)
Vo: (typed for sometime pass me your documents
Me: i did
Vo: why are you traveling to the USA
Me: i am going for my bachelors in Computer and information sciences at minot state university north dakota state
Vo: (looked through his computers and asked me) what degree did you get from fedpoly bida?
Me: i said National diploma in computer science
Vo: how many other schools did you apply
Me: 3
Vo: name them
Me: university of south florida, southern arkansas university and university of north carolina
Vo:and how many offered you?
Me:university of south florida, southern arkansas university
Vo:so why did you choose minot state university
Me i was fascinated by the on going research in my intended department that has a lot to do with computer security, and cyber security is quite a major problem in Nigeria today, since that is the area i will specialize in, i got interested and applied.
Vo: (typed for sometime and said) who is paying for this tuition?
Me: my uncle(i went ahead to say he has been the one sponsoring my education all thru high school and my just concluded National diploma)
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he is a successful businessman that imports wines, beverages and kitchen equipments and he is also into real estate
Vo: was just typing( e don be like say na decision time) he asked me what will i do with this degree?
Me: I will like to come back to work as a data analyst for companies like shell, chevron.
Vo: he kept on typing for a while....then stopped and fold my passport and gave me my I-20 and a white sheet of paper and said you will be needing this at your POE, try buy a winter jacket cuz north dakota is cold
Me; i already discussed that with a professor in my department......left smiling

its all Gods favour cuz my bank statement was just 1.3m while my I-20 says 22dolls
just want to thank my big boss WALE(walspring),he has been my motivator, thanks a lot for your effort and God bless you.

Lets give the thanks to God..

Enjoy your stay in Obamaland

I am not boss ooo but God nah king of boss while VO is da boss.. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:07am On Aug 14, 2015
slimmy05:
This is not a good talk. This is rare, you have someone who took extra time just to help people on here and you guys are acting like this. I tell you those guys are doing a wonderful job. Just like some gurus come here to help people out, it's voluntary and you guys should appreciate

The very first VO that usually visit Nairaland to help, i remember (s)he stopped coming because of this similar issue..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:10am On Aug 14, 2015
Tosinng:

I have been a silent follower on this forum, but I must confess that I have really learnt a lot from all the Gurus in the house. I would like to appreciate guys like Slimmy05,BigFrancis21,Profojah,Impreviouxx,vibrant99,Walspring, Inno.... and the other Gurus. I say a big thumbs up to you guys!. And not forgetting my friend Akin3102 who was always there pushing me to complete my application when I was too busy with office work.

Visa was approved in Lagos by the Chinko guy this morning. I tried to dodge the guy by turning to another counter that was free when I was called but the lady ushering us to the counters insisted I go to his counter. The truth be told, while I was on the queue I actually noticed the guy approved for 2 out the about 5 guys I saw him interview. He refused for a guy that was going to study something about climate or something but he couldn't answer a question about climate effect in Africa.

My Transcript goes thus:

ME: Good Morning!
VO: Finger Prints
VOsadwith my hands still on the scanner) Why are you going to the US?
ME: I am going for my Masters degree program
VO: Masters?
ME; Yes, Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
VO: Where?
ME: TAMUK
VO: You have...(Didnt hear clearly)...Electrical Engineering in Nigeria
ME: Yes, I had my Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering at the Univ. of PHC here in Nigeria
VOsadAlmost immediately.. as he was rushing me throughout) So,who is paying?
ME: I have some personal fund saved...(VO cuts in..)
VO: Personal funds!? (While going through my I20 seriously)
ME: Yes, I have been working for X years now and I have some funds saved for the purpose of furthering my education. The school gave me a tuition wavier that saves me about 50% of my tuition and my Uncle that sponsored my undergraduate degree would be paying for the rest.( In shaking voice because he appeared not to be listening,he was busy looking through the I20 and typing plenty!)
VO: Did you take any test?
Me: Yes, I did
VO: Can I see them?
ME: Brought out and passed him my GRE(302) and my TOEFL(96) original scores result
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
ME: I applied to 4 American University
VO: Did you send your scores to your school , I cant see your school on this list(he meant the scores recipient on the GRE)
ME: Yes, that is the original test report I received from ETS when I wrote the test in 2013. I applied to the TAMUK in 2015,the list of all the school I applied to can be seen if I print it out from my ETS profile page.
VO: So , what happened to these schools ( I have 2 German University as my scores recipient on My GRE Original score report)
ME: Tuition Fee are free for international student in Germany,so this makes the GRE requirement very high and I couldn't meet up with the admission.

Then he started saying plenty things, which I was trying so hard to hear. He passed me my I20, pushed my passport to his own side and then pulled out the white paper.
I was too busy trying hard to hear what he was saying that I didn't even noticed when he circle the pick address.

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:11am On Aug 14, 2015
profdot:
This forum gave so much to me.no documents was asked
I was directed to window 9 but the White guy said he was going on break. So I waited for Window 11.
She collected my documents and looked thru

VO:Tell me why East Tennessee State University?
MEsadwith palpitation)I chosen East Tennessee State University because of the presence of a special training Public Health Center that links the Clinical and Academic aspects of Public Health. Also was awarded a Tuition Scholarship which affords me the opportunity to work with Dr.Amal whose research is in line with mine.
VOsadinterested)and which research is that?
ME:health care delivery to rural population.I work in the hospital and I see that rural populations are not fully considered in the delivery of health care.
VO:and Why is that and what do you think should be done to health Care system in Nigeria?
ME:due to the policies being made by our leaders,and thats why I am going for this course so that when I return to the country,I can make policies that will affect the population in a positive way
VO:Do you know anyone in Tennessee ?
ME:No
VO:Have you been to the United States before?
ME:No
VO:Have you been outside this country?
ME:I was in Ukraine for my undergraduate for 6 yrs,Also visited Lithuania for Medical conference
VO:What was your undergraduate degree?
ME:Doctor of Medicine
VO:does the scholarship cover your fees?
ME:My uncle will bear the rest
VO:I have approved your visa and both ears became blocked suddenly.she gave me the white paper.

I really want to appreciate God for His faithfulness,He who knows the end from the beginning.
I also want to appreciate everyone that has posted one thing or the other on this forum,cos you have stirred up the giants in me. I almost gave up .
I want to appreciate walspring -who read thru my transcript last night and sent it to me about midnight.God bless you; Also Slimmy(always on speed dial) from start to finish,cant wait to finally meet you. Innovativeme for his mock interview and Zeezahbee for your tutoring.God wont forget you guys.
Concerning my application, the obstacle was that my parents and immediate elder sister are US Citizens. I filled the information on the DS160 cos I didnt want to lie.I also tried to confirm from them if any of them had filed for me but they could not remember. I was surprised that the VO didnt touch it.
Anyway GOD Win.
Thanks so much

Amen and God bless you too..

Sorry big boss, this is coming late due to my busy schedule...

I am happy for the good news, Enjoy your stay in Obamaland

Cheers!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:11am On Aug 14, 2015
MrMann1:

Okay, I got it. Thank you. Please do you know the process of deferring. Do I just send an email?

Send email and that is the best way because if you call them, they will still ask you to email or fill deferment form online

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:12am On Aug 14, 2015
happney65:

grin grin

Lol..

No vex say i no call your back, i saw your missed calls... I go holla you in the morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:12am On Aug 14, 2015
Nabylet:

Touch down ATLANTA...!!!!!

Okay... How your tour
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:17am On Aug 14, 2015
hottyarewa:
grin visa approved @ lagos embassy 2day by window numba 10. Transcript comn soon.............. All tanks 2 d almighty and dos he used 4 me,pplo lyk;wale(Walspring)even dou we fight lyk cat and dog(he's still special),setmayor(thou we met briefly bt he made his impart),lolade(I dn't knw his NL name) he's been 1dayful even dou I no giv am much tym and 2 all I cn't even mention. U guys rock,God bless and 1luv

congrats big boss and we are still waiting for your transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:17am On Aug 14, 2015
happney65:

Even me too Wey u abadon..Walspring friend in Ibadan..Oya wetin u go give me naaa..Na Kiss ohh..

Nah wah for you oga nla

Shey nah must make you use my name dey describe who you be
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 12:27am On Aug 14, 2015
angel34real:
Dear friends,

Please is there anyone in the house travelling on the 17th of August flying Emirates United Airlines via Houston? Please contact me.
u dey find companion ba?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 12:39am On Aug 14, 2015
warriboy21:
any 1 heading to jfk on monday via emirates...lets hook up...13hrs layova at dubai awaits us grin
you should be lodge in an hotel by emirate airline. make sure u locate ur Gate quick as soon as u get to dubai. meet the emirate officials der, u will be given a meal ticket and dey will also lodge u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 14, 2015
Walspring:

Maybe this will help flight from Lagos to NY or Washington is 155k, i got that message twice or thrice from GTbank

Wao! Bro how can I make that happen ASAP....

I'm in. Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 12:46am On Aug 14, 2015
Walspring:

Okay... How your tour
my oga, how u dey na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 12:50am On Aug 14, 2015
cOngratulations...
dannybrown19:
i want to thank God for this thread and for the people he has been using to touch lives here.
visa approved today in abuja consulate. was interviewed by the man on window 6
i slept around 2 am and woke up 4am cuz the sleep wasnt coming.
left the house 5:33am, got to the embassy around 6:25am, was just catching cold. decided to seat and rehearse my prepared transcript.
fast forward to the interview.
the man on window 8 just dey dash out the blue paper, was just praying not to be interviewed by him and the woman in window 9 was killing it with repeated questions

Me: Good morning sir (with a smile)
Vo: Good morning(the man just bone)
Vo: (typed for sometime pass me your documents
Me: i did
Vo: why are you traveling to the USA
Me: i am going for my bachelors in Computer and information sciences at minot state university north dakota state
Vo: (looked through his computers and asked me) what degree did you get from fedpoly bida?
Me: i said National diploma in computer science
Vo: how many other schools did you apply
Me: 3
Vo: name them
Me: university of south florida, southern arkansas university and university of north carolina
Vo:and how many offered you?
Me:university of south florida, southern arkansas university
Vo:so why did you choose minot state university
Me i was fascinated by the on going research in my intended department that has a lot to do with computer security, and cyber security is quite a major problem in Nigeria today, since that is the area i will specialize in, i got interested and applied.
Vo: (typed for sometime and said) who is paying for this tuition?
Me: my uncle(i went ahead to say he has been the one sponsoring my education all thru high school and my just concluded National diploma)
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he is a successful businessman that imports wines, beverages and kitchen equipments and he is also into real estate
Vo: was just typing( e don be like say na decision time) he asked me what will i do with this degree?
Me: I will like to come back to work as a data analyst for companies like shell, chevron.
Vo: he kept on typing for a while....then stopped and fold my passport and gave me my I-20 and a white sheet of paper and said you will be needing this at your POE, try buy a winter jacket cuz north dakota is cold
Me; i already discussed that with a professor in my department......left smiling

its all Gods favour cuz my bank statement was just 1.3m while my I-20 says 22dolls
just want to thank my big boss WALE(walspring),he has been my motivator, thanks a lot for your effort and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by vibrant99(m): 1:05am On Aug 14, 2015
@Dannybrown19

That is some rear Interview cases sha, Big ups to you, but with ordinary National diploma? Na Afresh you dey go start school be that o, Thats some long trip you embarking,but you gonna be better of,when you can get ur B.sc/M.sc together there, easier to blend in.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Centrix: 1:16am On Aug 14, 2015
imperiouxx:
Centrix

As you said, it depends on his school proximity, east of Queen near long island is cheaper than center and west Queen. The only problem is that mta transportation might not reach him but he can get LIRR for more fare. Staten Island is the cheaper than Queens but can only be reached by ferry if he has no car or dont like to pay toll.

I haven't found anything yet though. I've been searching craiglist and everything seems so expensive plus I can't even schedule apartment tours because I'm not in the city. If you know someone looking for a roommate or an agent looking to rent out an apartment, please let me know. Its urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:48am On Aug 14, 2015
Sorbital:

Wao! Bro how can I make that happen ASAP....

I'm in. Thanks in advance

I got an email from gtbank about it.. I think if you have account with gtbank you should get the same email as well but this is the email that sent the message to me

info@smemarkethub.com

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:49am On Aug 14, 2015
kennyrony:

my oga, how u dey na

I dey loyal big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Snazzygirl: 2:23am On Aug 14, 2015
vibrant99:

On a Scale of applying for a Visa 10 times, You will get the visa 9 times, This shouldnt be a testimony, we need men and women who used nothing to get something, Thats motivation, it is mediocre to say "a bird can fly" a bird should fly, Christ!!!

You need to chill sir! It took me a while to believe my eyes; I had to read your replies a couple of times. It's his/her story, let him/her tell it with gratitude. Not everybody in Zenithforce's shoe got US visa, so back off. I'm sure you know you can do better.

@Zenithforce, I'm appalled! Being a fellow human being, I apologize on his behalf.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 2:27am On Aug 14, 2015
Walspring:

Nah wah for you oga nla

Shey nah must make you use my name dey describe who you be

grin grin ..Shay make sure you call me in the morning..Okay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 2:52am On Aug 14, 2015
US postal service slow pass our "nipost" they can "post" all na estimated date them sabi undecided, how y'all?! kennyronny how u dey, warri boy you never land?! cheesy i dey wait for my oil money/PTA cut....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 3:13am On Aug 14, 2015
texrem:

Dude....Im right n u re not in the position to tell me I'm.wrong....I will tell u again n again that she interviewd me before..n I will say it to her face....stop hiding ur mistakes...nobody is perfect

Damn, why are you flogging a dead horse like this? undecided instead of going into unproductive debates, I would rather sit down and start my next strategy for proving myself a genuine student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:37am On Aug 14, 2015
hi guys. any body at Oklahoma state uni? need some info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 4:11am On Aug 14, 2015
amanze15:
US postal service slow pass our "nipost" they can "post" all na estimated date them sabi undecided, how y'all?! kennyronny how u dey, warri boy you never land?! cheesy i dey wait for my oil money/PTA cut....

Lmao
It's not slow ooo

Are you sending a tractor?! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 4:26am On Aug 14, 2015
@bartino where u dey. u don enta US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:58am On Aug 14, 2015
Congratulations to a lot of folks that got their visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:04am On Aug 14, 2015
angel34real:
Dear friends,

Please is there anyone in the house travelling on the 17th of August flying Emirates United Airlines via Houston? Please contact me.

Hello, dear! I wish you safe journey on your coming to the States. You will be fine even if you don't meet anyone from the thread traveling the same day as you. If you are lucky enough to see, that's an added advantage. You will be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Glocal1: 6:05am On Aug 14, 2015
What is d implication of dis revocation of OPT extension rule on guys now, I hope dis is not true, tho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.