Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,184 members, 7,880,691 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:37 AM

We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 (814 Views)

My Love For Obontami (two Of Thesame Kind) / I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me / We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by iyewande(f): 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2009
My bf and i hav been dating for the past 5 years when we were in university.the truth is that we love ourselves so much but we are of thesame age and he is not ready for marriage for the next five years and by dat time i will be around 3o years.please advise ,should i wait?wont i be too old for him at dat age?
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by Treetop20(m): 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2009
good luck with that plan of yours
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by MrCrackles(m): 10:08pm On Feb 08, 2009
Wait till thy kingdom come sef!
No wahala
grin
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by erico2k2(m): 11:23am On Feb 19, 2009
iyewande:

My bf and i hav been dating for the past 5 years w get marriage in no time only if you both tryhen we were in university.the truth is that we love ourselves so much but we are of thesame age and he is not ready for marriage for the next five years and by dat time i will be around 3o years.please advise ,should i wait?wont i be too old for him at dat age?
Hey I presume you are having sex,you can both live together as if married till you are good and ready, you being 30 is a problem, dont kid yourself,, talk to him about it, his views might change once he sees reasons with you, you can work towards saving money to get married.
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by charminme(f): 1:16pm On Feb 19, 2009
@ Poster
5 years from now is not a joke, and guys cannot be trusted in taking such risk
i presume u are 25 now, and u are in LOVE as u said
talk 2 him about it, there are some guys that marry at early stage. i think 2 years is still ok for u to wait for him, wen u guys gather small change do weddin and plan ur future together, better than waitin for a promisin thing
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by Nautillus(m): 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2009
you guyz being equals in not such a good thing, . .i dont think that it would work out sha but, . . .
i could be wrong.
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by aameyah(f): 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2009
good luck with that plan of yours

When a person asks for ur advice and u have nothing to say, then [say nothing] and stop trying to be a smart a**! >:

(
Wait till thy kingdom come sef!
No wahala

You must be high on something. That's so insensitive of u. angry

My bf and i hav been dating for the past 5 years when we were in university.the truth is that we love ourselves so much but we are of thesame age and he is not ready for marriage for the next five years and by dat time i will be around 3o years.please advise ,should i wait?wont i be too old for him at dat age

Dear, If u were my sister, I'll give this same advice- Dont wait! (for 5 years)
A year or two is ok though.
I wouldnt advise you to wait five years cos we all know how guys can be. If he's not ready to settle down, babe, he's not just ready. If a guy is serious and loves you, he wouldnt want to put u in a situation where u have to wait till you're 30 and what solid proof has he given that he's not goin to disappoint u along the way? You're also worried, thats why u came here wit ur question. Follow ur intuition cos u urself know that its not advisable. We girls always know, unless we want to deceive ourselves.

Cheers dear!
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by DaPhoenix(f): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2009
Don't be decieved, woman.
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by Ben13: 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2009
If that boy don't love you by now, he will never ever love you.

one who loves you would know you are too old to continue waiting
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by pawn89(m): 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2009
by 30, when your flower has 93% worn out, you are on your own. good luck
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by fs(f): 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2009
I'm sorry you're in this situation. I really have no clue what you should do as it would totally depend on your relationship. I've known people to date for quite a while and then get married but everyone is different. It's obvious you'd rather get married earlier so that's what you want and your boyfriend should take it into account. Do you know why he wants to wait 5 years? Is there an actual reason? Is he just not ready? What does not ready mean to him? What would make him ready? These are the type of questions I'd pose if I am in your situation.

Everyone is shouting like 30 is the end of the world. We're way too hard on ourselves.
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2009
What will be will be.
There is no guarantee u'll meet someone serious before then.
If u do, then u should consider moving on.
Peace
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 20, 2009
Pawn89 if u got nothin smart to say.them shut the Bleep up.that's a tip for free
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by aameyah(f): 5:59pm On Feb 23, 2009
@ fs
yeah, we can sometimes be too hard on ourselves. But our society is wired like dat. We are expected by society to do some things by a certain age and if we dont, then we're questioned and its like something's wrong with u once u havnt achieved those thins yet. I have an inkling of how the poster feels, and every lady out there does too.
@ poster
U r in THE situation of knowing how serious this guy is and how dependable he is. In other words, u wear the shoe and u shud know where it pinches. Like I wrote earlier, U shud be able to have an inkling of what he really has in mind and that shud affect ur decision. But I'll suggest u watch out incase u meet someone serious.
Do u have a mentor for ur realtionship? U shud have! Talk to ur mum 2. She's older, she's wiser and will tell u d truth!
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by Hollysmile: 6:44am On Feb 25, 2009
Poster, congrats (in advance) on your wedding! No bi small thing oh!
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by onyxera(m): 8:28am On Feb 25, 2009
@ poster, i wont advice u wait dat long,talk 2 him abt ur fears,see his reactn,& i really dont no y he's waitin 4 d next 5yrs,marriage aint all abt cash or wateva he's waitin 4,
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by biina: 8:32am On Feb 25, 2009
@poster
If he doesn't know that waiting for that long is not in your best interest, then I seriously doubt that he truly loves you.
What are his reasons for not getting married now?
Re: We Are Of Thesame Age And He Wants To Marry By The Time We Are 30 by Gabry(f): 8:36am On Feb 25, 2009
Poster, for me its ok because Ive seen many people getting married at age 30 but please. . . if you do agree to get married at age 30, ensure you go see your gyne to check on your level of fertility and ask your doctor about you getting pregnant at age 30 whether if its ok or not cause the ones Ive seen getting married at age 30 has a very active and healthy ovum so they can afford to get married late and have babies by than.

However if you wanted to get married earlier than that age, than you talk to him and tell him how you feel. Good luck.

Do keep us update love. smiley

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Woman / As True As The Word True! / What Color Is Your Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.