Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

Re-branding Nigeria; A Call To Nigerians Home & Abroad - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Re-branding Nigeria; A Call To Nigerians Home & Abroad (970 Views)

History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) / Linguistic Diversity In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse? / Non-verbal communication that is considered offensive to Nigerians....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re-branding Nigeria; A Call To Nigerians Home & Abroad by benlay(m): 1:41am On Feb 09, 2009
It was an interesting thing to read on the pages of Nigeria dailies-Punch by the minister of information that Nigerians have to change their attitude and the way they present the nation to the outside world.
It might interest u that even some Nigerians in US do not wanna associate with fellow Nigerians, it's absurd. I wear a Nigeria map (green & white) brooch and a fellow naija bro told me to remove it here in New York, when i asked him he said nigeria's image in US is really bad, lol u see.
how can we get Nigerians to love their country and represent it well?

Re: Re-branding Nigeria; A Call To Nigerians Home & Abroad by benlay(m): 1:45am On Feb 09, 2009
do u know that America's olympics hero photogragh of smoking weed was not brought out in US but on a Newspaper in London, that's how much they protect their own and their shortcomings. we have culture , we can not continue to just allow anything/whatever to creep in and just buy us over just like that, fall for anything.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria; A Call To Nigerians Home & Abroad by preselect(m): 5:16am On Feb 09, 2009
my friend if you have nothing good to do with your time go and sleep and post no more . . angry

there is only one way to improve a country's image . . . . .good governance.

when that is done, good citizenship will follow and every other thing will fall in place including international respect.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria; A Call To Nigerians Home & Abroad by benlay(m): 9:37am On Feb 09, 2009
u need help, do u know that even theĀ  the citizens of so called developed countries of the world still do not like their leaders, Americans have this tag they put on their cars and doors "i love my country it's the government i am worried about" , what do u say to that.
U don't need more intro about yourself, u are among the bad elements we are talking about, go find some other place to spit your rubbish cuz.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria; A Call To Nigerians Home & Abroad by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 16, 2009
@ pres elect, you are right on point.
they should have the death penalty for anyone caught taking bribes or embezzlement. Nigerians around the world are seen as scam artist thanks to the little few that defraud innocent people around the world with their 419 scam. the politicians/ministers and president (thieves) have a big part to play in that when they show the "good" example of everyone for their own and god for all!!!
the biggest fraud starts at the top!
in other countries people don't like their leaders for other reasons.,, some people already hate on Obama. you cant please everybody but you have to try to please/work for the masses and not just your closed friends and family like our african leaders.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria; A Call To Nigerians Home & Abroad by benlay(m): 3:20am On Feb 18, 2009
Re: Re-branding Nigeria; A Call To Nigerians Home & Abroad by Sammy107d(m): 6:36am On Feb 18, 2009
lets do this!

I try to 're-brand' everyday here- starting with myself of course. It ain't easy, but you have no idea how many people have squashed their prejudice all cos of my character, and a few pictures. cool
Re: Re-branding Nigeria; A Call To Nigerians Home & Abroad by comfort3: 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2009
:-x
Re: Re-branding Nigeria; A Call To Nigerians Home & Abroad by obinna79: 6:52pm On Mar 10, 2009

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Define African? How Is It Determined? / "...A Culture Of Silence..." / Who Is Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, The New Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.