Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,988 members, 7,949,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:56 AM

Buhari's Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony-APC Transition C'ttee Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony-APC Transition C'ttee Chairman (903 Views)

Niger Delta: FG Sets Up C'ttee To Recover Illegal Arms And Stop Spate Of Bombing / Buhari’s Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony — APC Transition C’ttee Chair / The APC Transition Team Listens As Sambo Tries To Account For The Empty Treasury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony-APC Transition C'ttee Chairman by Akbee(m): 5:13am On May 14, 2015
ABUJA— The inauguration of the
President-elect, General Muhammadu
Buhari would be low key, the chairman,
All Progressives Congress, APC
Transition Committee Chairman, Chief
Timipre Sylva said, yesterday.
Speaking to journalists in Abuja, Sylva
cited the dwindling economy as the
reason for the decision.

Though he was not categorical about
the number of Heads of State
anticipated to grace the occasion on
May 29, Sylva, however, said that a
number of them would come. He said:
“There are no challenges, we are
planning very well and I think we are
going to give Nigerians a compact
inauguration.
“We are not going to be flamboyant.
We think that this country cannot
afford a flamboyant ceremony this
time because the economy is not in
good shape right now. So we are
actually planning to give Nigerians a
sanitized and compact event which will
be a source of pride to Nigerians.
“We have not gotten all the
confirmations but we have already
gotten from some countries. He also
dismissed the insinuation that there
may be rift between the incoming and
the outgoing government. “There is no
problem, it is just politics. What
happened is that they were on the
wrong side and they lost.
We are on the right side and we won.
And so, the government will have to
continue and just like we were there
when they were governing, they also
have to be there when we are
governing the country,” he said. On the
allegation that he was carrying a
corruption baggage and as such was
not qualified to be in Buhari’s cabinet,
Sylva, who was also the former
governor of Bayelsa State, expressed
shock that his detractors had already
convicted him before the courts would
give their judgment on the matter.
He said he was innocent of all the
charges, believing that the courts
would eventually quash the charges. “I
will be shocked to hear that. Maybe,
those peddling the allegation are the
courts and they have already convicted
me. We have courts in the land and
you know that PDP is the party of
impunity. Today if I pick you up and I
charge you to court on charges of
corruption, does that convict you? It is
only the court that can convict you and
that is why we have rule of law.
“A situation where people just pick you
up and say you’re corrupt just to
persecute you, does not augur well for
our democracy. I have been vindicated
politically and I will be vindicated by
the court also because I ran the best
government in Bayelsa state, a better
government than what the outgoing
President ran in Bayelsa state. “I can
assure you that I am going to come
out clean at the end of the day from
the charges against me.”
Source:www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/buharis-inauguration-expect-low-key-ceremony-apc-transition-cttee-chair/
Re: Buhari's Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony-APC Transition C'ttee Chairman by oluwafemi113(m): 5:14am On May 14, 2015
Following
Re: Buhari's Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony-APC Transition C'ttee Chairman by nwafuluozoh: 5:27am On May 14, 2015
Is someone unfit to withstand the ceremony?
Re: Buhari's Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony-APC Transition C'ttee Chairman by ki02020(m): 5:27am On May 14, 2015
Na wa o so austerity don catch inauguration join......me wey don they gear up for military parade,cuz those russians parade got me feeling jearlous. anyhow, na hand over matter most
Re: Buhari's Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony-APC Transition C'ttee Chairman by Akbee(m): 5:51am On May 14, 2015
low key ceremony??it's no surprise CO's we all saw it coming.mind u!u gotta make good ur words CO's BIG BRODA,Akbee is watching all of ya.
we WL vote u guys out if you bring no change to the alredy decayed n courrpt system which gave birth to unemployment, increase in social vices,etc.
I always say that continuity or change is welcome but we nd not move backwards.Now that the Nigerians have given APC their mandate I hope they much talked about change WL be implemented.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony-APC Transition C'ttee Chairman by Nobody: 11:11am On May 14, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
Is someone unfit to withstand the ceremony?
that is all that matters to you. you care not if millions will be wasted exchanging handshake. Nigerians will never learn.
since 1960 we don dey hug. where are we
Re: Buhari's Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony-APC Transition C'ttee Chairman by Nobody: 11:14am On May 14, 2015
ki02020:
Na wa o so austerity don catch inauguration join......me wey don they gear up for military parade,cuz those russians parade got me feeling jearlous. anyhow, na hand over matter most
government spending should be cut down to zero. if he doesn't do it. some state will come up with budget of millions for hugging and shaking hands. lets see which state will follow suit.
I see no reason why dey no fit waka go office, eat fish pie and donut. with chilled pure water. loks like am takin tnx personal.
Okay mke dem celebrate small.
Re: Buhari's Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony-APC Transition C'ttee Chairman by ki02020(m): 12:03pm On May 14, 2015
afolag:

government spending should be cut down to zero. if he doesn't do it. some state will come up with budget of millions for hugging and shaking hands. lets see which state will follow suit.
I see no reason why dey no fit waka go office, eat fish pie and donut. with chilled pure water. loks like am takin tnx personal.
Okay mke dem celebrate small.

As in if person like you get the chance to be nigeria presido hardly will there be any allowance for the staff apart from the usuall salary.....you go strict die

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony-APC Transition C'ttee Chairman by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 14, 2015
ki02020:

As in if person like you get the chance to be nigeria presido hardly will there be any allowance for the staff apart from the usuall salary.....you go strict die
Seriously we ar fond of waste. We ar all to blame.
A senator daughter getting married recieving fleet of cars as gift. an idea of throwing pure water inside river niger.
Look at the money raised during election and compare with the cost of metro train.
As anyone come up with the cost of building a new refinery or repairing the old? let them do the audit mke we balance cum see how long it will take us tp get the money back. Instead na story dat refineries ar not wrking. if smetin no dey wrk u no go repair am or build new. abi naso he go b till jesus cum?
Re: Buhari's Inauguration: Expect Low Key Ceremony-APC Transition C'ttee Chairman by ki02020(m): 5:46pm On May 14, 2015
afolag:

Seriously we ar fond of waste. We ar all to blame.
A senator daughter getting married recieving fleet of cars as gift. an idea of throwing pure water inside river niger.
Look at the money raised during election and compare with the cost of metro train.
As anyone come up with the cost of building a new refinery or repairing the old? let them do the audit mke we balance cum see how long it will take us tp get the money back. Instead na story dat refineries ar not wrking. if smetin no dey wrk u no go repair am or build new. abi naso he go b till jesus cum?

True talk man,each time i think of the money that have been wasted by every aspect of govt i go sad.....God will punish them all

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING President Jonathan Rejects Bot Chariman Position / ACF Alleges Plot To Frustrate Buhari (Vanguard) / PHOTOS: Man Treks In London To Celebrate President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.