Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,938 members, 7,909,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 06:41 AM

7 Reasons Why Guys Often Vanish After First Date. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Why Guys Often Vanish After First Date. (732 Views)

7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify / 10 Statements Nigerian Guys Often Use To Justify "Womanizing" As A Rightful Act / 10 Things Broke Guys Often Say (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Guys Often Vanish After First Date. by wisdomguy4u(m): 4:08pm On May 14, 2015
You went to a fabulous first date, only to find yourself confused when you never hear from the guy again. So, you are left to wonder … What happened?. Most girls have experience this scenario a lot of time that they start to think if something is wrong with them somewhere. You sit around with your girlfriends and debate why he didn't call you back. What happened in between the lines? You speculate, you obsess, you rationalize, you justify. You want to know why. When your friends tell you, "It's not you, it's him," you want to know if they're trying to be nice or telling you the truth. Guess what? There is someone who does know the truth about what really happened on your fabulous date. But it's not you. It's not your friends. And it's certainly not your mother. It's the guy you went out with. He wouldn't tell you because he doesn't want to hurt you, he feels the best thing to do is to vanish. He smiles throughout the time he on a date with you, but inside his mind he like " i can't wait to vanish".

Many times we often send out negative signals we might not be aware of. Like girls , guys can be self conscious too, and if he don’t think you want him to call, he definitely won’t. This are 7 reasons why a guy may vanish after first date:

1. You are boring: I don't mean to sound harsh here, but Most girls always feel that it's a guy's duty to entertain them with jokes and stories when on a first date while she relax to watch the show. He asked you lots of questions, and you gave him a minimal response in an unexcited tone. You never cared to ask him any questions, or the only question you care to ask him is "what do you do for a living?". My dear, you are boring, 10 minutes with you will seem like one hour, because you are not really participating in the conversation, and you expect him to call you again for a second date? Babe, Na vanishing things o

2. Acting like a boss lady: Most girls do this. She tries to intimidate the guy by telling him things like how rich her family is, and how she can survive without a man, or how she doesn't take shit from men. This often make the guy thinks you have a prickly attitude and imagines that smuggling with you is like hugging a porcupine in a pin-striped business suit. Your are perceived as argumentative, controlling, overly independent, and not feminine or warm. Humble yourself, the guy will respect you more when he finds out (by himself) about how successful and secure you are . Try showing your warm, sensitive side first by talking about your adorable little nephew.

3. Refusing to eat or drink: Most girls think not ordering dinner or drink will make them appear skinnier, prettier, sexier, more feminine, or more mysterious, guess what? It won’t. What it will do is probably make the dude a
little uncomfortable, especially if he takes you to a restaurant. Men often read it that you are only refusing food and drink because you just want the meeting to be brief, you don't intend to spend much time with him. How do you expect him to be comfortable eating and drinking, while you mop at him like a little rabbit. It's dam boring and he is likely won't call for a second date. Na vanishing things.

4. Obsessively checking your phone
every minute: This includes Texting, taking a phone call or just glancing at your phone screen every minute. I'm not saying you shouldn't make use of your phone while on date, if you genuinely have to and you are apologetic, that’s fine. Otherwise, it's a red flag. There is nothing ruder than trying to have a conversation with a person who’s constantly stating at their screens. It makes you look disinterested in whatever he is saying. And he just can't wait to vanish.

5. You asked for more refreshment (Oliver twist): He buys you a drink and you tell him you don't drink without meat, or asking for more stuffs. You don't know how much he has with him, then why ask for more? It only shows you are a self-centered person who doesn't care about other people's feeling. If he buys more , lucky you, but if he doesn't , don't request. Some girls will even go to the extend of requesting for take away, so she can take home for her friends or siblings. And yet you expect him to call you for a second date? Na vanishing things dear.

6. You didn’t at least offer to pay for anything: A girl who is going out on a first date with a guy should put some little cash in her bag to avoid any embarrassment. When it's time for payment , offer to split the bill. Normally, the guy will decline your offer and insist to pay, but he will be impressed by your gesture and will respect you for that. Sitting back all night eating and drinking without offering to split the bill, makes you look like a hungry gold digger. That could be why he vanished.

7. You showed a sign of eagerness: yeah, most girls do this ,and it's bad. You text or call him immediately after the date to thank him; I am not saying text or calling a guy after a date to thank him is bad, but it's the way you do it that matters. If you had a good time and feel like sending him a casual text the next day that says “had a great time, thanks
again!”, That's good . But sending a casual text the next day that says "OMG so I know I only left you a few minutes ago, but I had the best time ever, you are sooooo amazing and I can’t wait to see u again". Don't expect a second date. if a guy likes a woman, he would rather do the chasing, not the other way round. So don't appear desperate.

Guys, feel free to add more
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Often Vanish After First Date. by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 14, 2015
cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Often Vanish After First Date. by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 14, 2015
Mmmmmm...sounds familiar grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Often Vanish After First Date. by DahtzFestjayz: 4:19pm On May 14, 2015
Confam!
8 Dont Pack your friends and family on the first date

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Often Vanish After First Date. by Young03(m): 4:20pm On May 14, 2015
If i read all ds stories make i. embarassed
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Often Vanish After First Date. by donbenedict(m): 4:27pm On May 14, 2015
U quickly went to the ladies room... grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Often Vanish After First Date. by Kingsley1000(m): 4:33pm On May 14, 2015
If you're not upto the guy's standard(interms of intelligence)...and ultimately,if u sent him picture of beyonce claiming it's you while u look like funki akindele

(1) (Reply)

E Good Make Parents Dey Dress For Pikin Presence? / Ladies Could You Tell If A Guy Is Putting On A Condom Or Not During Sex? / Tears Of Love! Woman Wedded Man Due To Die In 10 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.