Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:27 PM

Atiku Begging To Meet Me –nyako - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Begging To Meet Me –nyako (682 Views)

Ayade Begging To Join APC — Chieftain / Igbos Are Now Begging To Join APC – Joe Igbokwe / Jonathan Not Involved In Plot To Impeach Me - Nyako (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Begging To Meet Me –nyako by Muza(m): 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2009
Atiku Begging to Meet Me –Nyako
From Ike Abonyi in Abuja, 02.09.2009
Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment
Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State said at the weekend that he had not in anyway mended his fractured political relationship with former Vice President Atiku Abubakar but noted that the former number two citizen was making overtures through his friends, associates and traditional rulers to see him.
Reacting to a news report at the weekend that he had reconciled with Atiku, the governor, who was a former naval chief said nothing could be further from the truth.
The story had claimed that Atiku and Nyako met at an undisclosed location in Abuja after some governors prevailed on a reluctant Atiku to meet with the governor.
But a statement from his Principal Special Assistant( Media), Aminu Iyawa, said "Governor Nyako wishes to unequivocally deny the said meeting ever took place. To the contrary, it is the former Vice President who has been sending emissaries to prevail on the Admiral to see him".
According to the statement "even before Atiku's publicised meeting with Chief Obasanjo, the former President called the governor on three separate occasions to inform the Adamawa State chief executive that his subject (Atiku), has been pestering him (Obasanjo) for reconciliation and offer apologies for his mistakes while serving as his deputy".
When contacted the Atiku camp refused to be drawn into the controversy but agreed that the former VP did not meet the Adamawa governor.
A statement from Atiku's spokesman Garba Shehu through SMS said "the story is a fabrication by third parties to provoke this type of thoughtless and intemperate reaction of the Governor's Adviser. We agree with them that the VP and the governor have not met.” Garba said that Atiku believes that the mutual respect between him and Admiral Nyako will continue to be for the good of Adamawa state.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=135204
Re: Atiku Begging To Meet Me –nyako by lucabrasi(m): 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2009
how can atiku be begging to meet nyako when he has mended fences with yar adua and has been seen attending functions with yar adua?
it is politically sensible for atiku to wait for nyako to approach him than the other way round
Re: Atiku Begging To Meet Me –nyako by noetic(m): 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2009
lucabrasi:

how can atiku be begging to meet nyako when he has mended fences with yar adua and has been seen attending functions with yar adua?
it is politically sensible for atiku to wait for nyako to approach him than the other way round

u cant b so sure. . . . . . . considerin that atiku is now more or less a political prostitute. . . .

(1) (Reply)

The Joke Is On You And Has Always Been On You West Africans / Dimeji Bankole Versus Police Ig / Obj Turns Deaf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.