Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,751 members, 7,882,582 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 09:21 AM

Online Car Auctions, How Reliable? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Online Car Auctions, How Reliable? (1532 Views)

Online Car Paper Renewals, Reminders And Helpful Car Tips / Online Car Sale Fraud, Nigerian Man Held In Bengaluru, India / How Reliable Is Lexus Rx300? In Terms Of Fuel Economy, Availability Of Parts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Car Auctions, How Reliable? by sehawale: 10:30am On May 15, 2015
L&G, I plan to be buying Salvage vehicles with mild damages (mainly side and rear) from USA & Canada to be repaired at very good Nigerian body shops and be sold for a profit. Any advice on this business please? If you are into this kind of business or you have done something related, please, your advice will be much valued!

My plan is to be transparent to prospective buyers, showing them the "before and after" photos of my cars and letting them know the details of the repairs done and how this determines the price the vehicle will sell for.

I have browsed "http://www.auctionautousa.com/auctions/vehicles/buy-now". Who knows about this site too?

Thanks
Re: Online Car Auctions, How Reliable? by ExpressBooking(m): 10:54am On May 15, 2015
Don't know much about the site you quoted. But I have been buying from IAA, Copart and Auction Export. those ones I can tell you are 100% reliable. think twice before buying accident cars. it better to buy Engine starts or non drivables with good outer body appearance. it is easier to resell than the long tales of being transparent to your prospective buyers

1 Like

Re: Online Car Auctions, How Reliable? by Marpol: 3:53pm On May 15, 2015
Shine your eyes
Re: Online Car Auctions, How Reliable? by sehawale: 6:39pm On May 15, 2015
ExpressBooking:
Don't know much about the site you quoted. But I have been buying from IAA, Copart and Auction Export. those ones I can tell you are 100% reliable. think twice before buying accident cars. it better to buy Engine starts or non drivables with good outer body appearance. it is easier to resell than the long tales of being transparent to your prospective buyers

Something is not clear here sir: For the "Engine Starts", do you only sell the engines in Nigeria? I am asking because I searched for Non-drivables with good body (thinking one could put the good engine in the good body - making one standard car out of two salvage titled ones) but could not find any. Or, could it be that I am checking too recent cars?

I did my sample search with Honda Accord 2012-2014 on IAA, Copart, Auction Export and Autoauctionusa. Kindly throw more light. I am a baby in this kind of dealings and I don't mind being given some shit for asking dumb questions smiley
Re: Online Car Auctions, How Reliable? by Fulaman198(m): 7:23pm On May 15, 2015
I would personally stay away from salvaged vehicles as you don't know their history. But hey, it's up to you if you want to buy Jalopies.
Re: Online Car Auctions, How Reliable? by ExpressBooking(m): 10:22pm On May 15, 2015
sehawale:

Something is not clear here sir: For the "Engine Starts", do you only sell the engines in Nigeria? I am asking because I searched for Non-drivables with good body (thinking one could put the good engine in the good body - making one standard car out of two salvage titled ones) but could not find any. Or, could it be that I am checking too recent cars?

I did my sample search with Honda Accord 2012-2014 on IAA, Copart, Auction Export and Autoauctionusa. Kindly throw more light. I am a baby in this kind of dealings and I don't mind being given some shit for asking dumb questions smiley

I mean you can get engine, gearbox and other power train components from Lagos here and fix your vehicles for resale. but This mostly applies to older vehicles whose power train components ain't that expensive like 1999-2007 Toyotas, Lexus, Honda and Acura
Re: Online Car Auctions, How Reliable? by Nobody: 7:49am On May 16, 2015
Fulaman198:
I would personally stay away from salvaged vehicles as you don't know their history. But hey, it's up to you if you want to buy Jalopies.

How are things bro?

You can pull the history of a salvage vehicle, just as you can with a clean title car. With salvage, the history is actually easier to obtain.
Re: Online Car Auctions, How Reliable? by timbros(m): 1:45pm On May 16, 2015
I am thinking of the same thing as OP.

@Siena what do you think? What are the implications of buying salvage titled cars?
Re: Online Car Auctions, How Reliable? by Fulaman198(m): 8:28pm On May 16, 2015
Siena:

How are things bro?

You can pull the history of a salvage vehicle, just as you can with a clean title car. With salvage, the history is actually easier to obtain.
I am doing well bro how about yourself?

You are right you can, I have never personally bought a salvaged car, so I don't know if Nigeria has the Alabamans equivalent to an American Carfax report. That I learned of when I schooled in America.

(1) (Reply)

What Your Tail Pipe Might Be Telling You. / Where Can I Get My Car Interior PIM-PED In Lagos / Why Does My Car Hesitate While Accelerating And What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.