Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,980 members, 7,980,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 04:26 PM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (260376 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by forgiveness: 9:45am On Mar 08, 2016
Icon4s:

So what do you think is responsible for the bolded?

Change of coach and that's all.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by 9jaFootballPlus: 9:56am On Mar 08, 2016

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 9:59am On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

Change of coach and that's all.

Now let me tackle you from your point of view. Lets say Sadiq Umar is already a Super Eagles regular. Lets say he played at 2013 AFCON, 2O13 Confederations cup and 2014 WC. He performed creditably well in all of those tourneys and becomes a well established Senior National team player. He has been a regular with his Club for years.
A new coach comes to his club and Sadiq fell out of favour and hasn't been getting enough game time this season.
You have a crucial game to play will u now exclude Sadiq from the list of invited players on the grounds that he has not been playing regularly this season. A player u know his potential and what he is capable of at the national team level?

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by forgiveness: 10:08am On Mar 08, 2016
Icon4s:

Did you see Aaron Samuel play under coach Stephen Keshi at all?

I know most peeps here are not happy with the exclusion of so many "untested" players for the Egypt clash.
The exclusion of Awaziem, Success, Ndidi and a whole lot of other young players didn't come as a surprise to me.

There is a difference between a coach being given a mandate to transform/build a new team and being given a two match win mandate. We are all followers of Nigerian football, we know that given the caliber of players we have in the Super Eagles Nigeria can claim all 6pts from the 2 tie. What we just need is the right approach from both the players and the Technical crew. The Siasia led crew understand this which is majorly y they chose to go for tested players. This is not Nigeria vs Swaziland or Nigeria vs Sudan. This is Nigeria vs Egypt. No room for experiments here. After we qualify for the AFCON then we can start the rebuilding process by trying and testing some of these young players.

I expect the regular Super Eagles line up against Egypt with maybe jst one or two surprise inclusions in the starting line-up.

For the game in Kaduna I'll rather we start with a 4-4-2 formation with this set-up:

...........................Ikeme

Balogun/Abdullahi..Ambrose..Omeruo..Echiejile

..............................Mikel
................Azubuike

Simon........................................Moses
.................................Musa
..................Ighalo

Yes i did. Was Aaron Samuel a tested player before he was invited? Every good and inform players deserves a chance.

............................... Ikeme

.......Abdullahi.. .Ambrose ....Balogun... Echiejile

........................... Mikel
......................................... Azubuike

..............Simon.............................. ............ moses

...................................... Etebor

............................. Ighalo

My opinion

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by forgiveness: 10:26am On Mar 08, 2016
Icon4s:

Now let me tackle you from your point of view. Lets say Sadiq Umar is already a Super Eagles regular. Lets say he played at 2013 AFCON, 2O13 Confederations cup and 2014 WC. He performed creditably well in all of those tourneys and becomes a well established Senior National team player. He has been a regular with his Club for years.
A new coach comes to his club and Sadiq fell out of favour and hasn't been getting enough game time this season.
You have a crucial game to play will u now exclude Sadiq from the list of invited players on the grounds that he has not been playing regularly this season. A player u know his potential and what he is capable of at the national team level?

Aaron Samuel has never been a regular for the national team and not to talk of playing for a better team in Europe.

However, if Sadiq played regularly for the National team and even performed better than Sunday Mba but later dropped in form like Mba while Ighalo is shining and playing regularly in the Premier League. I will drop him and replace him with Ighalo. grin

Habi, which one will you choose?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:38am On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

Aaron Samuel is not even suppose to smell the jersey not to talk of wearing it if we go by the performance of players in Europe. Victor Moses is a product of Siasia and so far i still support him.

Am sure you didn't watch the guy's performance in the green white green. He was even better than Emmanuel Emenike in some of our last qualifying matches.

Some players who ply their trade in Chinese Leagues and other not too well pronounced Leagues can as well be good. So please take note.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:40am On Mar 08, 2016
Icon4s:

Did you see Aaron Samuel play under coach Stephen Keshi at all?

I know most peeps here are not happy with the exclusion of so many "untested" players for the Egypt clash.
The exclusion of Awaziem, Success, Ndidi and a whole lot of other young players didn't come as a surprise to me.

There is a difference between a coach being given a mandate to transform/build a new team and being given a two match win mandate. We are all followers of Nigerian football, we know that given the caliber of players we have in the Super Eagles Nigeria can claim all 6pts from the 2 tie. What we just need is the right approach from both the players and the Technical crew. The Siasia led crew understand this which is majorly y they chose to go for tested players. This is not Nigeria vs Swaziland or Nigeria vs Sudan. This is Nigeria vs Egypt. No room for experiments here. After we qualify for the AFCON then we can start the rebuilding process by trying and testing some of these young players.

I expect the regular Super Eagles line up against Egypt with maybe jst one or two surprise inclusions in the starting line-up.

For the game in Kaduna I'll rather we start with a 4-4-2 formation with this set-up:

...........................Ikeme

Balogun/Abdullahi..Ambrose..Omeruo..Echiejile

..............................Mikel
................Azubuike

Simon........................................Moses
.................................Musa
..................Ighalo

You have a point Sir. Our game against Egypt can't be an avenue to test some new faces.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 10:44am On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

Aaron Samuel has never been a regular for the national team and not to talk of playing for a better team in Europe.

However, if Sadiq played regularly for the National team and even performed better than Sunday Mba but later dropped in form like Mba while Ighalo is shining and playing regularly in the Premier League. I will drop him and replace him with Ighalo. grin

Habi, which one will you choose?

I thought u said Sadiq is no longer playing strictly bc of change in coach. Y bring-in drop in form in the argument.

Aaron Samuel was a regular in the last AFCON Qualifiers under Keshi. And the mistake u often make is all ur assessment is based on Europe, Europe , Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 10:47am On Mar 08, 2016
Orkpekyandega:

Am sure you didn't watch the guy's performance in the green white green. He was even better than Emmanuel Emenike in some of our last qualifying matches.

Some players who ply their trade in Chinese Leagues and other not too well pronounced Leagues can as well be good. So please take note.

God bless you bro. Aaron Samuel came into the team with a big bang. Even scoring in his second game. Oliseh myopically ignored him jst bc he was in China. That guy to me is the second best striker on that list, after Ighalo.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by forgiveness: 10:49am On Mar 08, 2016
Orkpekyandega:

I saw him played but he struggled in the last two games.

We shall clamor for the invitation of Martins Obafemi. grin

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:49am On Mar 08, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Ighalo vows his goals will start pouring again
[/size]

Watford Striker Odion Ighalo

by Samm Audu

Watford striker Odion Ighalo has vowed he will soon start scoring again after he has now gone seven games without finding the back of the net.

Ighalo has fired 14 goals in the English Premier League, but he last scored on January 30.

It’s a concern for both his club, who want to secure their Premier League status as soon as possible, and also for Nigeria, who face Egypt in two AFCON 2017 qualifiers later this month.

“I won’t allow this (his goals drought) to put me down, it happens to all strikers, but I know the goals will soon start coming. I will continue to work hard and it will be a matter of time before I am scoring again,” he declared.

“The second half of the season is often more difficult, but we will get 40 points as we already have 36 points and we still have nine games to go. We have had some bad results in the last two, three games.”

Seven-time African champions Egypt will be guests of Nigeria on March 25 in Kaduna, before they welcome the Super Eagles to Alexandria on March 29.

“It won’t be an easy game, I won’t lie. But it’s possible to win, we have what it takes to win, we will fight for the whole game to win,” he assured.

Samson Siasia is the Eagles caretaker coach following the shock resignation of Sunday Oliseh.

Ighalo noted he has previously worked with the coach with the U20s and Olympic team and he will give him his full support.

“I have worked with Siasia in the U20 andU23 teams, he is a disciplinarian and knows what he wants. He will play an attacking football and we have to give him our best. I will give him 100%,” he said.
http://africanfootball.com/news/617469/Ighalo-vows-his-goals-will-start-pouring-again
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:54am On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

Do you know how long it took Emmanuel Emenike before he started scoring for the Super Eagles? At some point, some fans wondered what really made the then Coach Samson Siasia to give him an invitation. Aaron Samuel started scoring for Eagles in his second appearance for the team. He even stood a chance of doing more if the subsequent Coaches had given him more chance. Please judge objectively.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by forgiveness: 11:03am On Mar 08, 2016
Orkpekyandega:

Do you know how long it took Emmanuel Emenike before he started scoring for the Super Eagles? At some point, some fans wondered what really made the then Coach Samson Siasia to give him an invitation. Aaron Samuel started scoring for Eagles in his second appearance for the team. He even stood a chance of doing more if the subsequent Coaches had given him more chance. Please judge objectively.

Emmanuel Emunike wasn't a striker initially he was an attacking midfielder.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 11:04am On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

Yes i did. Was Aaron Samuel a tested player before he was invited? Every good and inform players deserves a chance.

............................... Ikeme

.......Abdullahi.. .Ambrose ....Balogun... Echiejile

........................... Mikel
......................................... Azubuike

..............Simon.............................. ............ moses

...................................... Etebor

............................. Ighalo

My opinion

Aaron Samuel debuted against Sudan( the weakest team in the group) during the 2015 AFCON qualifiers. He came in as a sub to replace Nosa Igeibor. He scored that 3-1 win in the return fixture in Kaduna which was his second game. The situation in those games is different from the situation in the Egypt games.
My point is it is dicey to throw in too many untested players into a big game. When I mean untested players I mean players like Sadiq Umar, Awaziem, Odubajo and the likes. I have been in this lovely game for so long to know that Club football is different from national team football more especially when you are facing an African opposition or playing on African soil.

To me any of players like Chikatara, Azubuike, Etebor can get a starting shirt or come in as a sub cos we have seen this guys play at national level, even though dey have nt played for the Super Eagles proper.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

What were his last two games?
1. Congo vs Nigeria at Point Noire where he scored the second goal to give Nigeria a 2-0 lead.
2. Nigeria vs South Africa where sonne Aluko rescued Nigeria with a 2 late goals.

You have no pint to prove against Aaron Samuel. I repeat he is the second best Centre forward on that Siasia's list.

If you clamour for the invitation of Obafemi Martins, then we should equally call back Yakubu Ayegbeni. grin

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 11:19am On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

As at when?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by enomakos(m): 11:28am On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

let martins obafemi rest pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 11:37am On Mar 08, 2016
Nigeria vs Egypt Records:

Games drawn: 4
Nigeria wins: 7
Egypt wins: 5

01 Jan 1960 Nigeria v Egypt 2-1 International friendly
24 Nov 1963 Nigeria v Egypt 3-6 Africa Cup of Nations
14 Jan 1973 Nigeria v Egypt 4-0 African Games
14 Mar 1976 Nigeria v Egypt 3-2 Africa Cup of Nations
08 Oct 1977 Nigeria v Egypt 4-0 FIFA World Cup
21 Oct 1977 Egypt v Nigeria 3-1 FIFA World Cup
15 Mar 1980 Nigeria v Egypt 1-0 Africa Cup of Nations
20 Feb 1983 Nigeria v Egypt 1-1 International friendly
14 Mar 1984 Nigeria v Egypt 2-2 Africa Cup of Nations
20 Mar 1988 Egypt v Nigeria 0-0 Africa Cup of Nations
05 Mar 1990 Nigeria v Egypt 1-0 Africa Cup of Nations
30 Mar 1994 Egypt v Nigeria 0-0 Africa Cup of Nations
21 Sep 1995 Egypt v Nigeria 1-0 African Games
25 Nov 2002 Nigeria v Egypt 1-1 International friendly
12 Jan 2010 Egypt v Nigeria 3-1 Africa Cup of Nations
12 Apr 2012 Egypt v Nigeria 3-2 International friendly

NOTE: Nigeria has only beaten Egpyt Twice in our last 10 meetings spanning from 1980 to 2012.
Egypt has beaten Nigeria thrice in our last four meanings.
Nigeria last beat Egypt at Algiers 90; 05 March 1990 shocked (26 years ago). We have not beaten them in five matches played after that (we have lost 3 and drawn 2)

Now this is scary. Not a good recent record for Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:38am On Mar 08, 2016
joseph1013:

Here is the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1226236/official-npfl-thread-nigerian-professional/94
Thanks. I think we shouldn't just let the good vision to die like that NL SportsLanders

Modified?

Nop this is not the thread am talking about Sir, may be I will have to dig my mentions to see if I can find out
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by enomakos(m): 11:39am On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

he was a goalkeeper before too
hahaha

emmanuel chinenye emenike hads been a forward since he turn professional by moving to south africa

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by forgiveness: 12:05pm On Mar 08, 2016
Orkpekyandega:

You have a point Sir. Our game against Egypt can't be an avenue to test some new faces.

Is Azubuike Okechukwu, Fenando Adi, Etebor Ogehnekaro etc old faces?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

Azubuike Okechukwu and Etebor oghenekaro are old faces to Siasia. He has worked with them, they have played for him at national level and so he knows their capabilities. As for Fenando Adi; nobody is saying Siasia should not invite any uncapped player at all, infact no coach will do that.
He is jst one of the few uncapped players invited. However, I dnt expect Adi to start the game.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Transfer rumours not causing me sleepless nights - Ighalo
[/size]
[img][/img]
Nigeria striker Odion Ighalo has insisted his goals drought is not on account of rife speculations surrounding his future at Watford.

The 26-year-old Ighalo has scored 14 goals to spark off transfer speculations that have linked him with some of Europe’s top clubs, from Atletico Madrid to Chelsea.

However, the striker’s goals appear to have dried up as the EPL heads to the business end of the season as he has not scored since January.

Ighalo maintained he has remained grounded and so not losing any sleep about his future.

“These speculations are not a distraction. I have a five-year with contract with Watford. The rumours will continue as long as I am doing well, but I am not having any sleepless nights and will finish the season well,” he said.
http://africanfootball.com//news/617471/Transfer-rumours-not-causing-me-sleepless-nights-Ighalo
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria’s John Obi Mikel has re-emerged as Chelsea’s steadying stalwart
[/size]
[img]http://www.thenational.ae/storyimage/AB/20160308/ARTICLE/160309162/AR/0/&NCS_modified=20160308074452&MaxW=640&imageVersion=default&AR-160309162.jpg[/img]
Chelsea's John Obi Mikel shown during a Premier League match last season. Glyn Kirk / AFP / January 4, 2015

Anyone seeking to understand Chelsea’s steady return to form under interim manager Guus Hiddink will find a partial explanation in the unassuming figure of holding midfielder John Obi Mikel.

Having started just two of Chelsea’s final 16 Premier League games under Jose Mourinho, Mikel has started nine of 12 under Hiddink in the only notable non-enforced personnel change that the Dutchman has made to the starting XI.

As well as being unbeaten in their 12 league games to date under Hiddink, Chelsea’s average number of goals conceded per game has dropped from 1.625 to 1, and Mikel’s defensive nous has been an important factor.

“He’s the ideal player to bring balance to the team,” Hiddink said earlier this year.

“He knows where the strength of the opponent is and he knows exactly how to cope with that.

“He doesn’t do it in a very brutal way – he’s very, very elegant. What I like to see very much is not just a quality player, but a player who can defend so smoothly. It’s beautiful to see.”

Whereas Mourinho habitually paired Nemanja Matic and Cesc Fabregas, Hiddink has used Mikel, 28, alongside Matic – another leggy enforcer – and moved Fabregas upfield.

It is a configuration that has helped Chelsea climb to 10th in the league, kindling hope that they may yet succeed in overturning a 2-1 deficit in Wednesday’s Champions League clash at home to Paris Saint-Germain.

Mikel missed the two previous Champions League ties with PSG over the last two seasons. An unused substitute in both legs of the quarter-final in 2013/14, he was recovering from knee surgery last season.

But he has already made his mark on this season’s last 16 tie, having been the source of two goals in the first leg at Parc des Princes.

The Nigeria international conceded the free-kick from which Zlatan Ibrahimovic put PSG ahead, the Swede’s shot deflecting in off his foot, before slamming home from close range to earn Chelsea a precious away goal.

Mikel has scored only six goals in a Chelsea career spanning almost 10 years, but he becomes a more expansive player when he pulls on the green No 10 shirt of his country, with whom he won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

It was for his playmaking qualities that an 18-year-old Mikel was awarded the Silver Ball at the 2005 World Youth Championship in the Netherlands, losing out on the top individual award to a young Argentine forward called Lionel Messi.

Those abilities prompted an extraordinary transfer tug-of-war between Chelsea, Manchester United and Norwegian club Lyn Oslo, his then employers, in 2005.

Chelsea eventually agreed to pay £12 million (Dh62.8m) to United and £4 million to Lyn for his contract, but not before he had appeared at a press conference wearing a red United shirt with ‘MIKEL 21’ stamped on the back.

Eleven years on, he has become part of the Chelsea furniture and is one of only two survivors – along with captain John Terry – from Mourinho’s first stint at the club between 2004 and 2007.

While it was Mourinho who made him a Chelsea player, Mikel has made no secret of his relief over Hiddink’s arrival as a replacement for the caustic Portuguese.

“Guus has come in again and settled things down,” he said recently.

“Players feel free to play and free to take responsibility and thrive on that, but he’s done it in a very relaxed way, which is sometimes what players need. It feels great to be back in the side.”
http://www.thenational.ae/sport/chelsea/nigerias-john-obi-mikel-has-re-emerged-as-chelseas-steadying-stalwart
[/b]

1 Like

[b][size=14pt]
Eagles Don’t Need Foreign Coach – Kurfi

By Salifu Usman
[/size]

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), has been urged to jettison any idea or plan of hiring foreign technical adviser or coach for the senior national team, Super Eagles. Senior special adviser to Katsina State governor, Alhaji Aminu Balele Kurfi, gave the advised yesterday while speaking to newsmen at the NFF’s secretariat, Abuja.

He argued that the idea of hiring foreign coach for the Super Eagles is a scam orchestrated by sycophants in football to siphon money from the government.

Kurfi, who spoke on the backdrop of the media report of alleged plot by some officials of the NFF to bring back former Super Eagles, Bonfrere Jo to guide the team to the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Gabon, said it was the evidence that the nation football administrators have inferiority complex and are greedy.

“That is how complex and greedy those who found themselves in our football by accident are. The reason why they are talking about foreign coaches, jumping from one country to another in name of scouting expatriate is to siphon money. It’s a scam. They are not doing it for the development of the game.

“For me, the idea of a foreign coach is unnecessary because the present coaching crew led by Samson Siasia have what it takes to qualify Nigeria for the 2017 Nations Cup in Gabon. They are very focus, committed and determining to succeed.

“I was at their training this morning and was I really impressed with what I saw.

I don’t think we have any problem with Siasia coaching the U-23 to the Rio Olympics and also guide the Super Eagles to beat Egypt home and away in the upcoming matches. We will beat Egypt in Kaduna, there is no doubt about it.

“The sycophants or those who want to survive by all means through football are moving from one country to another in the name of scouting for foreign coach for the national team. But they fail to understand that the price of oil has fall down and there is no money in Nigeria. We have to manage the little resource in our hands by work with our hard working and intelligent local coaches to succeed.

“I heard one guy talking about Bonfrere Jo. For God’s sake where did he work last as a coach? For the past five years he has no job in football. He is presently working with a poultry farm and you want him to come and coach Nigeria.

You

“If indigenous coaches don’t work at home to produce the players, there will be no players for the expatriate coaches to work with. Go to the grass-roots and see our coaches breeding these boys under the sun and in the rain. After breeding these players somebody will now come up at the national level and say expatriate coaches are better. No it is not done.

“Siasia is doing a good job and he should be encouraged to succeed instead of distract him with all the side talks about foreign coach,” he added
http://leadership.ng/sports/507379/eagles-dont-need-foreign-coach-kurfi
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

You mean when he started playing for Super Eagles?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

Between Aaron Samuel and Obafemi Martins who has the prospect for better improvement taking the age factor into account?

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
forgiveness:

Fanen Adi will definitely not start and may not even play, because to me, there are other strikers who are ahead of him in that department. His invitation will enable the Coaches to examine him properly through closer watch and will also help him understand how the team plays before handling him a sub role in our subsequent matches. However, there may be something about him or his game which the national team Coaches see which made them to extend invitation to him. Do not forget this same dude was assured of invitation by Stephen Keshi before he got sacked, same with Coach Sunday Oliseh.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
FANS OF WEST HAM VOTE AGAINST RETAINING EMMANUEL EMENIKE
[/size]

Emmanuel Emenike is certainly not having the type of season fans of West Ham United thought he would have when he joined them on loan during the January transfer window.

The Nigerian who reportedly has a clause in his loan deal mandating West Ham to make his deal a permanent one if he makes 10 appearances started but was substituted in the team’s 2-3 win over Everton.

While there is still no clarification on the reported clause, fans of the team took to social media application twitter to air their opinion about the 28 year old Nigerian who has two goals for them all in the cup game against Blackburn Rovers.

In a twitter pool supervised by Claret And Blues 64% of the fans voted against his retention as they believe the team current stikers are better than the Nigerian.

⚒ Claret And Blues ⚒ ‎@ClaretNBlues
Hammers, if the season ended tomorrow would you try to sign Emenike on a permanent?
12:41 AM – 6 Mar 2016
36%YEP!
64%NOPE!
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/07/fans-of-west-ham-vote-against-retaining-emmanuel-emenike/
[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2016
Orkpekyandega:

Fanen Adi will definitely not start and may not even play, because to me, there are other strikers who are ahead of him in that department. His invitation will enable the Coaches to examine him properly through closer watch and will also help him understand how the team plays before handling him a sub role in our subsequent matches. However, there may be something about him or his game which the national team Coaches see which made them to extend invitation to him. Do not forget this same dude was assured of invitation by Stephen Keshi before he got sacked, same with Coach Sunday Oliseh.

Spot-on bro.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
NIGERIA VS EGYPT: CHIKATARA YET TO ARRIVE EAGLES CAMP
[/size]

17 of the 19 home based lad called up by coach Samson Siasia yesterday had their first training session but missing from the team was CHAN 2016 hero Chisom Chikatara of Abia Warriors.

As at last night the 22 year old who recently joined Morrocan side Wydad Casablanca was yet to arrive the Eagles camp alongside Oge Ogogatewho of Sunshine Stars.

However the reason behind his absence we were made to understand is known to the coach of the team hence he won’t face any sanction for coming late but same cannot be said about Oge.

Originally 22 players were called up to form the homebase players who will contest for a spot in the game against Egypt but the trio of Stanley Dimgba,Usman Mohammed and Segun Oduduwa were dropped to the U-23 for arriving the camp of the U-23 late

The team are presently training twice a day with the Nigeria U-23 team in Abuja who are presently in camp as well gearing up for their pre Olympic friendly against the host Brazil in Rio de Janeiro.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/08/nigeria-vs-egypt-chikatara-yet-to-arrive-eagles-camp/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
FANS OF WEST HAM VOTE AGAINST RETAINING EMMANUEL EMENIKE
[/size]

Emmanuel Emenike is certainly not having the type of season fans of West Ham United thought he would have when he joined them on loan during the January transfer window.

The Nigerian who reportedly has a clause in his loan deal mandating West Ham to make his deal a permanent one if he makes 10 appearances started but was substituted in the team’s 2-3 win over Everton.

While there is still no clarification on the reported clause, fans of the team took to social media application twitter to air their opinion about the 28 year old Nigerian who has two goals for them all in the cup game against Blackburn Rovers.

In a twitter pool supervised by Claret And Blues 64% of the fans voted against his retention as they believe the team current stikers are better than the Nigerian.

⚒ Claret And Blues ⚒ ‎@ClaretNBlues
Hammers, if the season ended tomorrow would you try to sign Emenike on a permanent?
12:41 AM – 6 Mar 2016
36%YEP!
64%NOPE!
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/07/fans-of-west-ham-vote-against-retaining-emmanuel-emenike/
[/b]

Oops! too bad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (161) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.