Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,901 members, 7,933,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 01:51 AM

Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan (25926 Views)

EFCC Arrests Fake Femi Adesina (Photo) / Ondo PDP Guber Candidate, Jimoh Ibrahim Has Secretly Met President Buhari Twice / Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by ibkgab001: 9:53pm On May 15, 2015
Singing "Omo dada lomo yen ooo"

1 Like

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by mu2sa2: 9:53pm On May 15, 2015
briefness:
On the media he has done very well. I am yet to see the impact of the good job done. Rice,the most common staple food in the country is still being imported.
l also don't see his achievement on the ground anywhere. Just media hype orchestrated by his kinsmen.
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by onyeokeze1: 9:54pm On May 15, 2015
briefness:
On the media he has done very well. I am yet to see the impact of the good job done. Rice,the most common staple food in the country is still being imported.

U r probably eating locally grown rice without realizing it cos they r produced, bagged and marketed like d imported ones. However this is not to say that rice is not still smuggled into d country but majority of d rice we eat today in Nigeria are actually locally grown and processed.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by jadakiss213(m): 9:55pm On May 15, 2015
My Role. Model anytime,anyday!! The Brightest light of the GEJ administration.More Power!!

1 Like

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by HonEmeritus(m): 9:56pm On May 15, 2015
zimoni:
How I Met President Jonathan..............

Mr Oga, how did you meet Oga Jonah nah?

He performed though. Wish him best of luck.
Are you this dumb? Read over again!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by Dewze(m): 9:56pm On May 15, 2015
obasanjo the farmer instead of bettering the country's agriculture, took it's money to go build his personal farm. Today he is seen as a hero.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by obailala(m): 9:58pm On May 15, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
because he is a yorroba abi?
..And here we go again, a cretin's brain has interpreted this from the angle of tribalism...

1 Like

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by olasmith10(m): 9:59pm On May 15, 2015
skullbaba:
To me he is just marketting himself as usual. He is good at dosing out figurs from his head/paper without correlation/reflection with reality. With all his big numbers we are still importing rice, so what did do ? I believe he was 'successful' because he was media friendly and he has a good oratory skill. That all. People are going to agricylture using the old obsolete skills because of poverty, we need a sound government backed agricultural sector

well u v a point, buh then, let's look at it together..

Do u think all dos indexes and facts about d transformation in d agriculture sector dropped from d moon..? No..as little as it is, he tried..its not easy standing out in a wasteful administration..

2 Likes

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by Bluffly: 10:00pm On May 15, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Must you tribalize. Is it a crime if you view the statement from a different angle. Your types are the bane of the destruction of the project Nigeria.
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by nortcentrallord(m): 10:02pm On May 15, 2015
I thought they said Gej did nothing. He must have been very clueless in selecting this man as a minister. Nigerians! undecided

1 Like

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by Eshinwaju: 10:03pm On May 15, 2015
babyosisi:

I met this man last year face to face
Very very handsome and speaks beautifully
Very intelligent man he is
He is the sexiest man in GEJ's administration
I even took a picture of him sef wink
I am tired of all these ugly people parading The news
Buhari had better retain him in his cabinet o

did he pansh u hoeosisi..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by letsbet(m): 10:04pm On May 15, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
No. he's the best according to the majority of Nigerian ppls opinion. i stand to be corrected tho.

1 Like

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by matrixme(m): 10:13pm On May 15, 2015
Ehyah. I wonder what would happen if Buhari decides to retain him for the best interests of the country. Anyway, it's sad to see him leave and quite comforting that Okonjo Iweala is leaving too... That woman really used lots of big words to collapse our economy.

1 Like

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by owobokiri(m): 10:20pm On May 15, 2015
Everybody keeps praising this guy for his wonderfull works elsewhere, yet I haven't seen the impact of his policies in the east. Wheere are the results of his work in eastern Nigeria? We have rice farms, ditto cassava, yam, livestocks. Can somebody enumerate the measures he took to help the east maximise her potentials the way he did elsewhere. .
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by seedorfg(m): 10:22pm On May 15, 2015
tchai, instead of reading this longinus epistle, i will rather be a drug dealer instead grin
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by zimoni(f): 10:23pm On May 15, 2015
HonEmeritus:

Are you this dumb? Read over again!

You've been noticed.
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by mikolo80: 10:26pm On May 15, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
ya name another one
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by Intendy: 10:31pm On May 15, 2015
I didn't even bother reading the story all I knew is that baba OBJ brought you to meet him.
AM I RIGHT?
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by mandhi(m): 10:37pm On May 15, 2015
briefness:
My good friend, am not a GEJ fan and I dislike his leadership style but I can tell u 1 thing, he did well in the agricultural sector cos even though rice is still imported, by way smuggling. We hav lots of rice mill scattered around nigeria. Coupled with the ban on importation of rice, u wld begin to feel the impact considering the incoming gov't hav hipped praises on this sector only. Which only means he tried in the agricultural sector but failed woefully in the other sectors. Let's be objective in our criticism.
One love
GOD Bless Nigeria.
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by Ghost01(m): 10:38pm On May 15, 2015
So he grew up a pako boy. What's with the Tokunbo accent then?

Wouldn't say he didn't perform exceptionally well, given everything the environment. But the hype almost overshadowed his achievements. He'd be reeling out statistics like say no be the same country we dey.

Still, he was unarguably the best minister in GEJ cabinet.
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by mandhi(m): 10:43pm On May 15, 2015
babyosisi:

I met this man last year face to face
Very very handsome and speaks beautifully
Very intelligent man he is
He is the sexiest man in GEJ's administration
I even took a picture of him sef wink
I am tired of all these ugly people parading The news
Buhari had better retain him in his cabinet o
Sadly GMB, just gave him his support for the sit of President of ADB(African Development Bank).
Wish God giv him the mandate and also a successful. Tenure. Ameen
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by timmyblast(m): 10:44pm On May 15, 2015
As an ordinary Nigeria, have not see the effect on the cost of food. The cost of eggs, bag of rice did not depreciate.
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 15, 2015
CMSbrands:
Sentiments apart, God gave d yorubas wisdom than any other tribe in this Country.. Wherever u find a yoruba man U find progress, U find development and innovation.. Checkout fasola, akinwunmi and others they achieve d greatest things other sees as a mirage.. Try a yoruba man to handle electricity and education d difference will be like 7up to Origin..
mumu, show me how any of his agricultural policy affected the poor man in the society, how much is cup of rice, beans and garri now?

Olodo that doesn't know that Adesina is a propaganda minister
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by mattkelly: 10:49pm On May 15, 2015
CMSbrands:
Sentiments apart, God gave d yorubas wisdom than any other tribe in this Country.. Wherever u find a yoruba man U find progress, U find development and innovation.. Checkout fasola, akinwunmi and others they achieve d greatest things other sees as a mirage.. Try a yoruba man to handle electricity and education d difference will be like 7up to Origin..

You are an Idiot for what you just said..here they come again ohh.ethnic bigots trying to flame the embers of disunity.Mind you,I am yoruba.But saying it is only yoruba that can turn this country around is nonesense..Isnt Bode George Yoruba?Shiorr..Ode oshi

3 Likes

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by gidjah(m): 11:00pm On May 15, 2015
I do not think you have your facts sir, most of those rice you see in the market are locally produced save for few ones,which part of the world do you live? I hope you r not in France?? Ha ha! ,if you live in the north you will get what I mean, so so many farms in the north, do standard that after packaging, you will never know.I was among those that supplied rice to this Govt last year, pls cover me ass!!,,we were out rightly told to go,for locally made!!so!
briefness:
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by mykel25(m): 11:01pm On May 15, 2015
briefness:
Make findings before making a public speech: most of the rice eaten in Nigeria now are locally produced but you won't know cuz there are polished as foreign rice
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by Cool83(m): 11:20pm On May 15, 2015
owobokiri:
Everybody keeps praising this guy for his wonderfull works elsewhere, yet I haven't seen the impact of his policies in the east. Wheere are the results of his work in eastern Nigeria? We have rice farms, ditto cassava, yam, livestocks. Can somebody enumerate the measures he took to help the east maximise her potentials the way he did elsewhere. .
u can ask the real farmers on how they got fertilizer, he really tried in that area

1 Like

Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by Kingspin(m): 11:28pm On May 15, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
I tell u even the devil cannot disagree..
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by Pavarottii(m): 11:42pm On May 15, 2015
GEJ man of equity and good governance, was surprised when some nairalanders are pushing for past Gov's eg Fayemi, Fashola etc to be ministers. Ministerial positions are only meant for technocrats, u should a long term experience in that field or ministry before u can be a minister. And Goodluck 80% of that in his ministerial cabinet, quote me anywhere, GEJ's regime has had the best sets of ministers since the inception of this country. That's why u don't av any past politician as minister in his regime.
Let's not let tribalism cover our eyes from the truth.
God bless the ministers.
God bless GEJ
God bless Nigeria
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by lilcashking(m): 11:49pm On May 15, 2015
CMSbrands:
wat of OBJ?
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by lilcashking(m): 11:50pm On May 15, 2015
CMSbrands:
wat of thief olusegun obasanjo
Re: Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan by AroOkigbo(m): 1:30am On May 16, 2015
CMSbrands:
I wanted to mention Bola Ige, then I remembered that he's late.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Barrister Festus Keyamo Shades PDP And Their Supporters On Twitter / I Was One Of Those Who Opposed Endsars Protests – Asari Dokubo / AGP Osinbajo Visits Enugu State, Meets Governor Ugwuanyi (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.