Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,555 members, 7,888,784 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:05 PM

NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! (12322 Views)

Naf Expands Yola Airport Apron,Conducts Eye Surgery On 2nd Batch Of IDPs(Photos) / The State Of Nkannah Bridge That Connects Arochukwu Community To Akwa Ibom / REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by jmaine: 12:09pm On May 16, 2015
CyberWolf:
anti-Igbo hate..How? By saying the it the way it is? This is the reason why the oppression is on the increase, because we always shy away from saying the fact..The saboteur among us are the major reason and when you start hitting them on the face like this, the better for you..

Well am neither Igbo nor ND, but i believe that no Nation stands tall isolated. the ND people are the closest thing to an ally to you, yet you mock them.

okay ooo !!!
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Lordave: 12:10pm On May 16, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

I tell you. Ijaw people are useless unworthy scum. And to tell you the truth, I'm actually happy with this bill.
These were the people who said Igbos were covetous.
Dem never see anything yet. That oil will be taken right before their eyes by their fulani masters, and the only things they'll get in return will be environmental degradation and lung cancer grin
Lower Niger my assss. Shebi because dem don lose election?
I dey tell you.

That Abandoned Property thing still ring bells in my mind.

When you decide to be heartless don't forget to be wise also.

A n'agwa nti, nti anughi, egburu isi egburu nti.
Karma!

1 Like

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by AhmedMustapha(m): 12:12pm On May 16, 2015
OgagaMic:

D only solution is Resource control which ur People (SW) denied us during d national Confab.. Resource control or Each region Should form his own country

lolz. can't some1 tell GMB tat he won't rule Nigeria more than 3 months b4 we sperate.... gladly Vote GEJ as SS president

#Myopinion every man is. entitled to his
Funny man

2 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by CyberWolf: 12:14pm On May 16, 2015
Anyway mistake is meant to be made and corrected..I. Believe ND made a mistake and I think they are ready to learn from and correct their mistake with this development..SE is not trying to form alliance with SS because of their oil but to build a formidable force capable of defeating the oppressors..If the push for resource control or true federalism fail, then we can push for an independent nation..If we are able to succeed, I don't mind if SS rules for hundred years or allocate all the oil wells to themselves..it's their oil. What I and all Igbos want is a nation where everybody will be treated as equal..EOD angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by VolvoS60(m): 12:17pm On May 16, 2015
OgagaMic:

D only solution is Resource control which ur People (SW) denied us during d national Confab.. Resource control or Each region Should form his own country

lolz. can't some1 tell GMB tat he won't rule Nigeria more than 3 months b4 we sperate.... gladly Vote GEJ as SS president

#Myopinion every man is. entitled to his

^^^^
What do you mean by "your people SW"? undecided You have no idea where I am from - or my ethnicity.
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Lordave: 12:19pm On May 16, 2015
jmaine:

People like you are the major reason for the increasing anti Igbo hate on cyber space . . . . . . .
His choice of words may be too harsh, but I believe is telling it the way it is.

Can you deny that some Southerners have called Igbos all sorts of derogatory names on this forum just to emphasise their alliance with their oppressors, Hausa-fulani?
If you can't, can you in any way justify their actions?

You don't just make up with an erring wife/girlfriend without cautioning her and let her know you ain't foolish as she earlier thought

1 Like

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by CyberWolf: 12:19pm On May 16, 2015
jmaine:

Well am neither Igbo nor ND, but i believe that no Nation stands tall isolated. the ND people are the closest thing to an ally to you, yet you mock them.

okay ooo !!!
who is mocking them? Haven't you read several times here where they call Igbos all sorts of derogatory names because we want to form alliance with them? They tell us in our face that we are criminals and the only thing we want is their oil? The north and SW that are oppressing them from time immemorial will on top of it tell them that Igbos wants their oil..If you are Igbo and being treated this way, how will you feel?

4 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by atlwireles: 12:21pm On May 16, 2015
[s]
OgagaMic:

common shussh, which oil ? d oil make dey ur land ?, we own d oil and we can decide who we want to share it with, And not u or Hausa, and by d way who told u Igbo re taking us, Grow up Kid, Igbo re d people holding us together if dey go with Biafra, den we take our people down south , and Fight For our freedom.. den u can't av Ur SW & Northern marriage

God Bless Issaac boro
[/s]

NL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! impostor alert. Please don't mind this kid. He has no address anywhere in the Nigerdelta or the SS. He's doing what the pretenders do well on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Volksfuhrer(m): 12:21pm On May 16, 2015
PedroJP:

U left d topic starinr @ u to address and kept attacking someone defending his stance. Ok, i get it, u need him to keep quiet and maintain like there is nothing wrong. Known Hypocrite better pass u.

Stop being a dummy.

You see, only the deep can call unto the deep. You read the words, but you are still clueless about what we were talking about. He understood what I was talking about, and he duly responded. Perhaps you are not equipped for cerebral discourse.

So go on and join your crew of drivel spewing attack wraiths! It's your prerogative, and I don't care.
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by jmaine: 12:22pm On May 16, 2015
Lordave:
His choice of words may be too harsh, but I believe is telling it the way it is.

Can you deny that some Southerners have called Igbos all sorts of derogatory names on this forum just to emphasise their alliance with their oppressors, Hausa-fulani?
If you can't, can you in any way justify their actions?

You don't just make up with an erring wife/girlfriend without cautioning her and let her know you ain't foolish as she earlier thought

CyberWolf:
who is mocking them? Haven't you read several times here where they call Igbos all sorts of derogatory names because we want to form alliance with them? They tell us in our face that we are criminals and the only thing we want is their oil? The north and SW that are oppressing them from time immemorial will on top of it tell them that Igbos wants their oil..If you are Igbo and being treated this way, how will you feel?

Well, you both have a point, but take it easy okay . . . . Levels don change . . . . grin
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by semitunde: 12:32pm On May 16, 2015
cocoduck:

STFU
what does your region contribute to the treasury? Nothing, You want to reap where you did not sow, any ways if the Niger delta Had LISTENED to OJUKWU, they would not have been in this mess. They instead chose lies and misinformation from the north and now they are the ones suffering the most in this God forsaken country. All real Igbo people believe that what is on or in the land belongs to the OWNER or OWNERS of the land and if they want to share it is on the OWNER's terms.

If the bolded is true, then igbos don't have any property in Lagos and other places outside southeast.
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 16, 2015
No from Enugu
Vicotex:
ᅫEDDA, na my home be that na
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 16, 2015
Did we covert your properties in lagos? We paid for every single property that we own outside Igbo land
semitunde:

If the bolded is true, then igbos don't have any property in Lagos and other places outside southeast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 16, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

NL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! impostor alert. Please don't mind this kid. He has no address anywhere in the Nigerdelta or the SS. He's doing what the pretenders do well on this forum.
u fool shut up fool,
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 16, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

nw I know u re a big fooollllllllllll,,,,,, Gosh,,,,,,, so annoying, U irritate me, calling every on NL imposter, jst following ur comment since gosh, U re a dummy FOOLllllllllllll....called Almost anybody Imposter.

#My last bullet, Am out ta here, Gat good work doing instead of arguing with u abt my state of origin. , KiD
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by nduchucks: 1:20pm On May 16, 2015
One would expect the lazy folks among indigenes of "Oil Producing" areas to cry foul.

They continue to fail to grasp the fact that the vast majority of oil produced in Nigeria is from offshore resources, far away from the border of any state. This simply means that since most of the oil is located in the territorial waters owned by Nigeria, as opposed to any state, ALL of Nigeria should benefit from this fund.

NASS did the right thing in this case. The days of providing free, unearned funds to many of these states, most of which is stolen by their Governors, is over.

Change is here and there is a Sherif in town. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by atlwireles: 1:25pm On May 16, 2015

nw I know u re a big fooollllllllllll,,,,,, Gosh,,,,,,, so annoying, U irritate me, calling every on NL imposter, jst following ur comment since gosh, U re a dummy FOOLllllllllllll....called Almost anybody Imposter.

#My last bullet, Am out ta here, Gat good work doing instead of arguing with u abt my state of origin. , KiD

You are now a nobody grin grin grin grin grin This user's account has been deactivated.
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Enahi(f): 1:40pm On May 16, 2015
And that useless Asari Dokubo will not see this and protest o,its only how to feed his over-bloated tummy that he knows. Besides I don't care sha,the country is a very useless country. The Oil is already in the hands of Northerners and they still want a percentage to be given to them for been a host? Crazy backward Northerners that's why they are cursed,despite the billoners from that region,they still go about begging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 16, 2015
This decision is absolute bullshit!! I think the legislators were high on some expired alcohol when they inserted that clause into the bill.

Only the communities in which oil is drilled should be considered as "host communities".

In fact, the derivation should be increased to 40%. No more unjust leeching of a region's resources.
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by CSTR2: 2:10pm On May 16, 2015
nduchucks:
One would expect the lazy folks among indigenes of "Oil Producing" areas to cry foul.

They continue to fail to grasp the fact that the vast majority of oil produced in Nigeria is from offshore resources, far away from the border of any state. This simply means that since most of the oil is located in the territorial waters owned by Nigeria, as opposed to any state, ALL of Nigeria should benefit from this fund.

NASS did the right thing in this case. The days of providing free, unearned funds to many of these states, most of which is stolen by their Governors, is over.

So who bear the brunt of the rampant environment and food pollution caused by oil spillage in the so-called offshore?
Before Nigeria became a country, were those "off-shores" not territorial waters and major food sources of communities and clans.?
Lame-brained parasite.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 16, 2015
nduchucks:

Of course under international law, the off-shore resources belong to the sovereign state, but the on-shore resources should belong primarily to the host communities or host states.

3 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by nduchucks: 2:50pm On May 16, 2015
CSTR2:
So who bear the brunt of the rampant environment and food pollution caused by oil spillage in the so-called offshore?
Before Nigeria became a country, were those "off-shores" not territorial waters and major food sources of communities and clans.?
Lame-brained parasite.

How much clean up have your Governors and village chiefs who have been paid at least $3-5billion over the past decade done? mumu

4 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by MCMLXXVI(m): 2:59pm On May 16, 2015
barcanista:
Stale!!!!!!!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/2287320/sympathy-apc-nairaland

So, you're saying those rants you made less than a year ago are now stale?
Eyaaah. Shebi because una don lose election? Now Igbo people don turn to your brothers. They same people you openly said yourself are not your brothers less than a year ago?
Any Igbo person who would even call an Ijaw vagabond a brother, is a fool.
See all the vitriol you were spewing last year over Igbo people wey don leave una matter tey tey, meanwhile abokii was busy cornering your land and oil wells. Now, dem don legitimize am sef. Yet, na Igbo people be your problem.
You're definitely right that we are not brothers. Such dullness does not run in our blood.
What goes around really comes around. Lazy criminals who profited from the "abandoned property" saga by looting and taking over buildings and properties their ancestors never would have been able to afford even if they worked 65 shifts a day. Now, abokii don convert una oil to "national property", although the environmental pollution and lung cancer na only "Ijaw property". grin
Una go hear am for this one Nigeria grin
E remain make dem even convert daughters and mothers to national property too. E neva start grin

7 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by nduchucks: 3:09pm On May 16, 2015
CFCfan:

Of course under international law, the off-shore resources belong to the sovereign state, but the on-shore resources should belong primarily to the host communities or host states.

I agree with you. Each state should control its own resources 100%.

The problem I have with the current derivation plan is that is it senseless and unfair. Gains from offshore resources should be shared among every state regardless of whether the state is oil producing or not, based of proper revenue sharing schemes such as population and other parameters..

As far as onshore oil goes, the states should receive more. Here also, other states must receive a fair share. Federal funds were invested in the exploration of these resorces and the land where the resources are found is actually federal property. The only reason why states should receive more is because of the negative effect on their environment, nothing more.

Lazy states who have not invested 1 kobo in exploration should not have their hands out for silly awoof.

I have no sympathy for such states who have hitherto recieved $$billions and have allowed their Governors to squander the funds with impunity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by cocoduck: 3:11pm On May 16, 2015
semitunde:

If the bolded is true, then igbos don't have any propert
If you sell your property that thing or property or whatever it no longer belongs to you, why because you sold it and collected the money. Why didn't you lease it so that the land or building still belongs to you? greedy bastards always waiting for a mugu you will defraud. BTW the oil you now claim to belong to you, when did Nigeria buy those lands? or didn't you take it by force and killed the people you deceived after it dawned on them that they have been scamed? ole buruku onye ohi na ama. Quel grand voleur, espèce de bandit que vous ette chien

2 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by CyberWolf: 3:24pm On May 16, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

So, you're saying those rants you made less than a year ago are now stale?
Eyaaah. Shebi because una don lose election? Now Igbo people don turn to your brothers. They same people you openly said yourself are not your brothers less than a year ago?
Any Igbo person who would even call an Ijaw vagabond a brother, is a fool.
See all the vitriol you were spewing last year over Igbo people wey don leave una matter tey tey, meanwhile abokii was busy cornering your land and oil wells. Now, dem don legitimize am sef. Yet, na Igbo people be your problem.
You're definitely right that we are not brothers. Such dullness does not run in our blood.
What goes around really comes around. Lazy criminals who profited from the "abandoned property" saga by looting and taking over buildings and properties their ancestors never would have been able to afford even if they worked 65 shifts a day. Now, abokii don convert una oil to "national property", although the environmental pollution and lung cancer na only "Ijaw property". grin
Una go hear am for this one Nigeria grin
E remain make dem even convert daughters and mothers to national property too. E neva start grin
grin cheesy grin You wicked oohh...The problem is that Niger Deltans don't know who their real enemies are..Very foolish set of people..Don't be surprise they won't even open their eyes after this 21st century oppression..They never see something self.. grin

2 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by EkwyOmalicha: 3:34pm On May 16, 2015
taken down
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by semitunde: 3:35pm On May 16, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Did we covert your properties in lagos? We paid for every single property that we own outside Igbo land

So do the companies that make use of the resources in those other places. Or you think they got their oil prospecting licenses free of charge?

2 Likes

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by semitunde: 3:44pm On May 16, 2015
cocoduck:
If you sell your property that thing or property or whatever it no longer belongs to you, why because you sold it and collected the money. Why didn't you lease it so that the land or building still belongs to you? greedy bastards always waiting for a mugu you will defraud. BTW the oil you now claim to belong to you, when did Nigeria buy those lands? or didn't you take it by force and killed the people you deceived after it dawned on them that they have been scamed? ole buruku onye ohi na ama. Quel grand voleur, espèce de bandit que vous ette chien

Yes you bought the land. But just like those who paid to prospect oil and have their licenses limited to a period of time for the area they paid for; you also paid and you have a Certificate of Occupancy Cof O ( that's even if you have done all the legal processes to be able to call the land yours).

C of O is limited to 99 years. Its a certificate of occupancy. You don't own the land by origin.

By the theory of the person I quoted initially, all your property on all said lands belong to the original owners.

Its always nice to say things that make you feel good now, without looking far into the future to see the consequences of those words.

1 Like

Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 16, 2015
What is this one saying
semitunde:

So do they companies that make use of the resources in those other places. Or you think they got their oil prospecting licenses free of charge?
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 16, 2015
CyberWolf:
grin cheesy grin You wicked oohh...The problem is that Niger Deltans don't know who their real enemies are..Very foolish set of people..Don't be surprise they won't even open their eyes after this 21st century oppression..They never see something self.. grin

Bro, believe me; we now do, and they are NOT the Igbos!
Re: NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! by CyberWolf: 4:12pm On May 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, believe me; we now do, and they are NOT the Igbos!
I pray you people act fast and diplomatically.. The daylight robbery is unbearable..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Like Burning Candles? / Shutdown Of Terminal Jetty: BUA Replies NPA With Evidence / Jangebe Schoolgirls Not Yet Released, Negotiations Ongoing – Zamfara Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.