Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,626 members, 7,889,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:11 PM

The Secret Gospel Of Thomas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Secret Gospel Of Thomas (1458 Views)

Michael Thomas-Sambo Divine Revelation Of Hell / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) / Gospel Of Barnabas: Judas Did Not Betray Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secret Gospel Of Thomas by jagunlabi(m): 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2006
The "Scholars' Translation" of the Gospel of Thomas

by Stephen Patterson and Marvin Meyer

These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded.

1 And he said, "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death."

2 Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

3 Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

4 Jesus said, "The person old in days won't hesitate to ask a little child seven days old about the place of life, and that person will live.

For many of the first will be last, and will become a single one."

5 Jesus said, "Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. [And there is nothing buried that will not be raised."]

6 His disciples asked him and said to him, "Do you want us to fast? How should we pray? Should we give to charity? What diet should we observe?"

Jesus said, "Don't lie, and don't do what you hate, because all things are disclosed before heaven. After all, there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed, and there is nothing covered up that will remain undisclosed."

7 Jesus said, "Lucky is the lion that the human will eat, so that the lion becomes human. And foul is the human that the lion will eat, and the lion still will become human."

8 And he said, The person is like a wise fisherman who cast his net into the sea and drew it up from the sea full of little fish. Among them the wise fisherman discovered a fine large fish. He threw all the little fish back into the sea, and easily chose the large fish. Anyone here with two good ears had better listen!

9 Jesus said, Look, the sower went out, took a handful (of seeds), and scattered (them). Some fell on the road, and the birds came and gathered them. Others fell on rock, and they didn't take root in the soil and didn't produce heads of grain. Others fell on thorns, and they choked the seeds and worms ate them. And others fell on good soil, and it produced a good crop: it yielded sixty per measure and one hundred twenty per measure.

10 Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and look, I'm guarding it until it blazes."

Read the rest here,http://www.misericordia.edu/users/davies/thomas/Trans.htm
Re: The Secret Gospel Of Thomas by naijacutee(f): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2006
In the last days, you will hear all sorts of things. Heed not to them
Re: The Secret Gospel Of Thomas by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 13, 2006
for many false prophets will arise in my name says the Lord.
Woe to him that causes any of Gods children to be misled.
The hottest part of hell awaits such a one.
Be warned
Re: The Secret Gospel Of Thomas by jagunlabi(m): 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2006
The reason why this gospel has the epithet "secret" in it's heading is because false prophets,or pastors,or whatever you want to call them,want(ed) to prevent the masses from knowing the true teachings of christ,thus misleading them.So what does that mean?Simple,that the misleading of the masses has been going on since the very beginning.
So, even hotter part of hell awaits those who close their ears to the truth,and foolishly continue to be willingly misled by the false prophets.Be warned.
babyosisi:

The hottest part of hell awaits such a one.
Be warned

Re: The Secret Gospel Of Thomas by jagunlabi(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2006
BTW,did any of you even bother to read the texts,before spitting out those predictable cliched line of defense of "last days",and "misleading false prophets"?
Re: The Secret Gospel Of Thomas by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 14, 2006
I am only telling you what will happen to any one spreading false Christian teachings.

God will add unto you the plagues written in the scriptures,Not my words.
If I were you I would quit or get what you have coming to you.
Re: The Secret Gospel Of Thomas by jagunlabi(m): 11:07am On Sep 14, 2006
And exactly how can you decipher which teachings are false and which are true?From all indications,you have absolutely no clue.Are you sure that you have not been fed with false christian teachings all your life?That is the fundermental question.
babyosisi:

I am only telling you what will happen to any one spreading false Christian teachings.
Again you have absolutely no clue what God will do,do you?
babyosisi:
God will add unto you the plagues written in the scriptures,Not my words.
If i were you,i would open my eyes to what has been hidden away,or get what is coming to you.Are you sure you are not closing your mind and soul to the real christ?Are you sure that the white missionaries brought the true christ to your forefathers and eventually to you?
Blessed are those who seek the truth at all times.
babyosisi:
If I were you I would quit or get what you have coming to you.
Re: The Secret Gospel Of Thomas by Pain(m): 3:25pm On Sep 14, 2006
Men Will Understand Only Pain In The Last Days. They Would Lack The Capacity to Obtain and Retain Truth. Nothin Can change It Cos It Ia Written and Thats Our Joy. The Doomed Have Been Chosen From the Foundation Of The World. HaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry
Re: The Secret Gospel Of Thomas by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 14, 2006
Ok dear.Have fun.

(1) (Reply)

Absolutely Brilliant Evidence For Human Evolution; Vitamin C / Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? / The Understanding That Destroyed God's Existence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.