Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,528 members, 7,920,994 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:49 PM

Most Churches Don't Collect Offering In Other Forms Apart From Cash - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most Churches Don't Collect Offering In Other Forms Apart From Cash (576 Views)

Church That Uses Calabash With Red Pieces To Collect Offering In Nigeria (Video) / Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / Why Do Most Churches Make It Mandatory For Women To Cover Their Hair In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Churches Don't Collect Offering In Other Forms Apart From Cash by Nobody: 10:54am On May 17, 2015
I travelled to enugu last week to visit my dad.
This morning I dressed up and went out in search of a church to attend...
being my first time in that environment I saw a church on the same street with my father's house...I noticed there were few people in there just(27 adults,8 kidz)
I went in and sat down... the Sunday school session was still on... when the main church service started the choir really sang very well,the church was lively and I really liked everything they did until when the pastor announced it was time for us to give offering..
After when he prayed he call on the choir members to start singing while we move to the altar to drop our offering... after they started singing I saw a very fat woman carrying a black fowl dancing ..i became terrified and scared..i looked round to see if other people noticed her...I saw a young teenager dragging a goat to the altar and people were not surprised... i didn't know when I carried my bible and ran outside... I didn't stop running until I got home...I started pleading the blood of Jesus which attracted my dad's attention...I explained all what I saw and he laughed so hard and told me that's how things are done in some churches here..
so I want to ask why is that most churches don't collect offering in other forms apart from cash??
cc:lalasticlala,ishilove
Re: Most Churches Don't Collect Offering In Other Forms Apart From Cash by bigtt76(f): 10:57am On May 17, 2015
May be its time for the annual harvest thanksgiving service grin

vraker:
I travelled to enugu last week to visit my dad.
This morning I dressed up and went out in search of a church to attend...
being my first time in that environment I saw a church on the same street with my father's house...I noticed there were few people in there just(27 adults,8 kidz)
I went in and sat down... the Sunday school session was still on... when the main church service started the choir really sang very well,the church was lively and I really liked everything they did until when the pastor announced it was time for us to give offering..
After when he prayed he call on the choir members to start singing while we move to the altar to drop our offering... after they started singing I saw a very fat woman carrying a black fowl dancing ..i became terrified and scared..i looked round to see if other people noticed her...I saw a young teenager dragging a goat to the altar and people were not surprised... i didn't know when I carried my bible and ran outside... I didn't stop running until I got home...I started pleading the blood of Jesus which attracted my dad's attention...I explained all what I saw and he laughed so hard and told me that's how things are done in some churches here..
so I want to ask why is that most churches don't collect offering in other forms apart from cash??
cc:lalasticlala,ishilove
Re: Most Churches Don't Collect Offering In Other Forms Apart From Cash by Nobody: 11:00am On May 17, 2015
bigtt76:
May be its time for the annual harvest thanksgiving service grin

no it wasn't.. just a normal Sunday service
Re: Most Churches Don't Collect Offering In Other Forms Apart From Cash by bigtt76(f): 12:11pm On May 18, 2015
Well maybe special thanksgiving for people who's been touched in one way or the other undecided

vraker:

no it wasn't.. just a normal Sunday service

(1) (Reply)

Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? / Lesson From World Ugliest Animal / God's Marking Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.