Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,396 members, 7,968,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 05:14 PM

Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? (764 Views)

Are There Miss Independent In Nigeria? / ~~ Miss Independent ~~ / Miss Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by binhozie(m): 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2009
What happened to the Miss Independent Neyo sang about,
Are there any one's in Naija, Or just the typical "cleave to husband type"
You know, they will always tell you its not their culture.
Rubbish.
Re: Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by tpia: 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2009
Re: Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by binhozie(m): 3:19pm On Feb 10, 2009
its not about wat i like or wat i dont,
The typical naija woman is over-dependent
Re: Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by sistawoman: 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2009
This is a very good question.

I have never been to Nigeria, not yet, but from what i gather from this board there is a movement going on among the younger women. They seem to be moving away from being so dependant to being independent.

But I like I said I dont live there but would love to hear from some females that still live in Nigeria.
Re: Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by erico2k2(m): 11:16am On Feb 19, 2009
this is true sisterwoman, the are learning from the Older girls, most are realising that if you ain't self sustained, real men wont come for you, treat and dump will come only
Re: Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by Czarskit(m): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2009
I'll beat me wyf if she doesn't ask me 4 money. . . Y am I d 'man'? Even if she got enuff, me must giv her! cool
Re: Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by charminme(f): 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2009
Czarskit:

I'll beat me wyf if she doesn't ask me 4 money. . . Y am I d 'man'? Even if she got enuff, me must giv her! cool

You are a correct man! but u dnt have to beat her sha.
It is the responsibility of a man to take care of somethings, that is the tradition
just that our girls sometimes missuse this by been over dependent, but all the same we 'girls' are like ceramic that must not be broken
Re: Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by Nautillus(m): 12:13pm On Feb 19, 2009
Miss independent. . . thats why i love her. . .
Re: Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by erico2k2(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2009
charminme:

You are a correct man! but u dnt have to beat her sha.
It is the responsibility of a man to take care of somethings, that is the tradition
just that our girls sometimes missuse this by been over dependent, but all the same we 'girls' are like ceramic that must not be broken
To hell with tradition, who gives a monkey bout them rubish talk,in the Old days dont you know howmuch fuss you will cause if you a youruba Man decides you wanna marry an Ibo girl? but these days, everything goes, its called cevilization,most girls opt for the 50/50 option these days instead of waiting for money Bags and on that ground turn 32 no husband, then become despirate,if you are 32-35 no husband no engagement, Girl you got a serious problem that even money cant solve cool cool cool
Re: Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by OfficeGirl(f): 4:25pm On Feb 19, 2009
There are the miss independent and the dependent ones,
it's like that everywhere so whats the fuss?
Re: Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by harvey(m): 5:41pm On Feb 19, 2009
ah. this one hard oh. naija girls are like leech especially a particular tribe. but u know it all depends on how she was brought up. i don't mind sparing some few naira but when she has to be my responsibility when am not married to her or intend to marry her. then i sure will take to my heels. its a 50/50 thing. thats what i think. my wife need not worry about me taking care of her, but my girlfriends have to cut me some slacks once in a while. i do what i wanna do. i kinda like the whole miss independent thing. it kinda give ladies some sense of belonging rather than waiting on some brother to give them money to make their hair, cos that the excuse the give in squeezing a dudes balls
Re: Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by Grizzly(m): 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2009
its not in our custom for a woman to be independent lipsrsealed
Re: Are There Any "miss Independent's" In Naija? by Czarskit(m): 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2009
GBAM!

Most men feel insecure when their partners don't ask 'em 4 money & they get 2 complain when the gal 'asks 4 too much'. . . Complaints r bound 2 set in, it's natural anyway. . .

(1) (Reply)

Definition Of " A Girl Adds Value To My Life" / Why Most Men Forget Valentine Day / Which Would U Rather B; An Homosexual Or A Bisexual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.