Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:49 AM

Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' (18571 Views)

Is Yahoo Mail Down? (Temporary Error 1) / Spam Mails Every Day In Yahoo Mail! / Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by Planner(m): 9:58am On Sep 13, 2006
Hi all,

Sometimes whenever I want to send a mail on Yahoo! Mail through Internet Explorer I get this "error on page" message.

I will be unable to send, attach or even reply mails. Do any body have any idea how I can correct it?
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by Bossman(m): 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2006
If you are referring to the error that shows up at the bottom left, that's usually a JavaScript error. Nothing you can control. It has to be handled by the page author.
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by Planner(m): 9:57am On Sep 14, 2006
Bossman,

So there is nothing i can do? Is it possible to contact yahoo! about the problem?
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by Seun(m): 10:10am On Sep 14, 2006
You should just switch to a different browser:
www.mozilla.org/firefox (Download Firefox)

Or a new version of Internet Explorer.
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by BernieBoy(m): 6:09pm On Sep 14, 2006
I notice same in here too.
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by niceuzor: 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2006
Hello Seun,
i try the firefox and its work on my system
pls seun send me your yahoo id,
i want to chat with u online.
God Bless.
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by Christino(m): 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2006
THis issue is so serious, here are some steps if you can't upgrade to IE7 or download MOzilla. Don't know if Opera works fine for this purpose.

Note: IE7 is only for people who have original MS OS on their system. If not, forget it, just like Media PLayer 11.

Solutions

A) Clear temp internet files on system. Go to Tools/Internet Options/click Delete files & Delete Cookies

B) IE fix it tool - Install and use

C) Java upgrade - install attached java program and restart system

If all above solutions fail then use the solution below

D) Send yahoo mail as plain text
1. Open your yahoo account
2. Click your Mail option Tab
3.Under Personalization, click General preferences
4.Under Composing Email Option, please tick : Compose messages as plain text
5. Click save at the bottom
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by Christino(m): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2006
FYI,

Opera works!!! confirmed.

http://www.opera.com/download/ just 4 MB
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 16, 2006
Funny LOL( you mean you have not heard of angry angry angryFirefox the sweetest money can buy) Go get yours now grin
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by hayprof(m): 6:16am On Sep 16, 2006
(Firefox the sweetest money can buy)
Which money u use get am? cheesy
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by iice(f): 7:15am On Sep 16, 2006
I had this problem before, so i just got myself the opera and firefox and netscape so i dont really bother with the IE.
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by Planner(m): 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2006
Christino,

You are maiking a point. But where do i download the java upgrade from? since i am using windowns 2000?
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by Seun(m): 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2006
How about www.java.com? cheesy
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by Oscarng(m): 4:31pm On Sep 21, 2006
What was the same in Ph, but as soon as we change our ISP, the problem was solved
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by Oscarng(m): 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2006
iice where can I get the opara and netscape?
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by iice(f): 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2006
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by Bamstand(m): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2008
ve you ever consider the fact that one cannot open 2 or more yahoo mail accounts with the same browser,it's only IE that has a break tru, so what do we do apls?
undecided
Re: Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' by tamaraK: 10:54am On Oct 26, 2008
Hi,

Had a fare share of problems with yahoo's mail service, nearly gave up on it, until i stumbled on this site, just posted my question and got a solution for my problem.

Very efficient, great people that just want to help you.

Hope i helped,
Tamara.

(1) (Reply)

Upgrading 2gb Ram To 4gb/8gb / Mtn Unlimited Free Browsing January 2016. / Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.