Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:41 AM

Governor Of Bayelsa Impacts Amaechi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Of Bayelsa Impacts Amaechi. (344 Views)

President Buhari Receives Seriake Dickson Of Bayelsa State At State House / Bayelsa Election: APC Cars Spotted In The Streets Of Bayelsa(photos) / Photos 4rm The Mass Burial Of Bayelsa Women Who Died After Visitin Dame Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Of Bayelsa Impacts Amaechi. by Godblessyou: 2:27pm On May 18, 2015
Governor of Bayelsa impacts Amaechi, Jang, others;​ needs ​Governors’ Forum race shelved

The Governor of Bayelsa state, Seriake Dickson, has lambasted his colleague governors, especially Chibuike Amaechi and Jonah Jang of Rivers and Plateau States respectively, for ​​”destroying” the governors’ forum.

He tackled the outgoing governors for their role in the crisis that engulfed the ​​forum since 2013, and for attempting to hold fresh elections for new leaders just days before end of their tenures.​

Mr. Dickson ​urged his colleagues to shelve the idea of electing​ a​ new set of officials for the Nigeria Governors Forum until after the handover of power on May 29.

The NGF is billed to hold its first meeting as a unified group since 2013 when it split into two after the election of new leaders.

Rivers Governor,Mr. Amaechi, had defeated his Plateau state counterpart, Mr. Jang, by 19 votes to 16, but Mr. Jang refused to accept defeat, alleging irregularities. He subsequently formed a parallel body with his loyalists.

​T​he Director General of the NGF, Ashishana Okauru, informed PREMIUM TIMES on Sunday that the body would meet Monday by 8 p​.​m​.​ in Abuja to review its activities and elect new officials.

Mr. Dickson issued a statement on Monday saying holding an election when many of the governors have completed their two terms in office amount​s​ to imposing officials on new governors elected on April 11.

Read the full text of Mr. Dickson’s statement below:

It has come to my knowledge that my distinguished and respected senior colleagues, i.e out-going governors, governors whose tenures will be ending May 29, 2015, have summoned a meeting of the purported Nigeria Governors’ Forum for Monday, the 18th of May, 2015. Among other things on the card for discussion, I understand, may be the selection of a new leadership of the forum.

Having participated in the activities of the NGF at the period during its crisis with my respected colleagues, most of whom are now ending their respective governorship tenures, and having also known the roles played by most of the key actors of the forum in the orchestration and mismanagement of a needless crisis at such a..
[url=http://massbestentertainment.com/2015/05/governor-of-bayelsa-impacts-amaechi-jang-others%E2%80%8B-needs-%E2%80%8Bgovernors-forum-race-shelved/]Read more...[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola's Human Right Abuses In Osun / NNPC Set To Produce Five Million Litres Of Fuel Daily / Jonathan Conceded Defeat To Cover Up Political Atrocities –kinsman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.