Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,789 members, 7,882,749 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 01:17 PM

Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan (24777 Views)

'Uduaghan Must Go To Jail' Protest At Delta State Government House (Pics) / Throwback Photo Of Okowa Ibori & Uduaghan / Drama Trails Scrapping Of First Lady Titles, Offices In States-Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by jieta: 7:31pm On May 19, 2015
Mynd44:
I guess the Delta state governor is part of the ignorant people who sees the North as one zone and not three different geopolitical zones.

Nigeria and Ignorance go side by side
u that is more learned, may be u should enlighten us more
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by TRUENORTHERNER: 7:58pm On May 19, 2015
@ OMONNAKODA,

SO IN 1979 THT U CHOSE TO ANALOGISE, WAS THE GOVT NOT HEADED BY A NORTHERNER. PLS WAKE UP AND BE FAIR
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Rawani: 8:06pm On May 19, 2015
This is exactly how the south pegged Boko Haram on Hausa/Fulani from the North-West, ignorant of the fact that they were entirely made of Kanuri's from the North-East, the same people that made up Maitatsine in the 80's. Lagos is closer to Sokoto than Maiduguri and Yola.

2 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by holyghost(m): 8:28pm On May 19, 2015
as far as those in the sits are not rubbers stamps am all for it?
the north are in fact better than the south 101% sentiment apart!

the north always have one voice just see how they picked Gov. Shetima and the new Gov. forum without
hitting the polity, without wrong maths of 6/19. if it was the south you will open dictionary to search for words of discords used.

Apart from Fashola and Obiano the Anambra Gov. I've lost patient for the south-east and some south-west governors.
whom despite the Degree in education fail to follow simple logic at every little event.

see a new rule by Obiano below. (i hope he follow it through and others should copy him)

Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano yesterday appointed five new commissioners to assist in piloting the affairs of the state.

The five, who were sworn in and given portfolios yesterday at the Governor’s Lodge, were Mr. Okey Moka (Finance), Mrs. Gladys Ilobi (Special Duties), Mr. Afam Mbanefo (Agriculture), Mr. Frank Offor (Housing and Urban Development) and Dr. Uju Nwogu (Information, Culture and Tourism).

The governor, who spoke after the new commissioners were administered the oath of office by the Director of Civil Litigation, Mr. Emeka Ike, was, however, silent on the fate of other commissioners, especially those whose portfolios were given to the new appointees.

He congratulated the new commissioners and told them to see their appointments as a privilege, saying, “serving under this administration is an honour for yourselves and we look up to you to assist in moving the state forward.

“What you have just signed is your job specifications with timeframe for performance monitoring, which is usually every 100 days. So, you will only stay as part of the team if you are found worthy,” he said.
[i][/i] Every 100 days to prove your Worth grin

Responding on behalf of the appointees, the new Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Dr. Nwogu, thanked the governor for finding them worthy to serve the state and promised that they would maintain the tempo of development.

She also assured the governor of their dedication in ensuring the success of Obiano’s four pillars of development in the areas of agriculture, oil and gas, trade and commerce and industrialisation.

Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Mrs. Chinwe Nwebili, who was one of those confirmed by the house as commissioner, was, however not mentioned yesterday.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=120227
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by halix239(f): 8:28pm On May 19, 2015
coputa:
I have always said it that,Buhari,the miracle worker of guillible nigerians is out to promote northern interest.Nigerians are not good students of history.

yes atleast hes going to be there for his pple not ur olodo son that couldn't do anything for his pple for the past six yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by omonnakoda: 8:28pm On May 19, 2015
TRUENORTHERNER:
@ OMONNAKODA,

SO IN 1979 THT U CHOSE TO ANALOGISE, WAS THE GOVT NOT HEADED BY A NORTHERNER. PLS WAKE UP AND BE FAIR
what does analogise mean.? Please speak English!
I Wrote in response to a specific statement and it was a fair and accurate response as evidenced by the approval rating. I suggest you go back and read as well as comprehend

The government that we are talking about now is it not going to be headed by a Northerner? So this time why should there be a problem if VP and Speaker come from SW in 1979 they both came from SE
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Neomello(m): 8:40pm On May 19, 2015
U r a complete idiot!!! Nigeria s clearly divided into North n South(even a blind man knows dat) n each Hs 3 senatorial district. D core essence of federal character s 2 foster unity. The south r 1[despite d yoruba's always segregating demselfs(harsh truth) bt wt dey dnt knw s d hausa's cnt b ur frnd]. Let's pray 4 life coz we all wil watch n see hw tins unfolds
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by discusant: 8:43pm On May 19, 2015
Last election, SW said it with votes that there is no south of Nigeria as majority of SW electorate voted for a nothern candidate,owing to ethnic considerations.

The north can do anything it wants in Nigeria now unchallenged. SW's statement is that it is better to eat crumbs from the north than have people of old eastern region preside over the economy and political fronts in Nigeria.

For the Uduaghans of Southsouth, power was given to southsouth because Yar Adua died, but SS could not use the power to reform anything for six years. Time came, you consceded power to north, so why tell north what to be done with power. If care is not taken. SS may no longer receive the 13% from derivation.

North is most United up to Benue state, south is most divided, even southsouth is most divided.
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Neomello(m): 8:58pm On May 19, 2015
Wen sum pipo pen dere opinion I weep 4 dem coz dese r supposed intellectuals allowing dere anus do d tinkin rada dan dere brain. In Delta state we hv so many tribes,cultures,languages,religionetc[Ibo(aniocha,oshimili,ika,ndokwa),urhobo,ijaw,itshekiri,isoko]. So does dt mean Delta isn't 1. Mind u dere hv been serious ethnic wars n d past were lives wia lost n even nw, dy stil exist. Bt Delta s 1, so also s d South. Weda Yoruba hate d ibos dy r jst wasting dere time coz We r all southerners including south south. D earlier dy realise it d beta 4 dem. I mean no offense 2 any tribe bt d truth Hs 2 b said. If u knw hw Igbo's luv speaking Yoruba, it fascinates dem. An average Ibo gurl wil rada speak Yoruba dan Ibo, dy feel it Hs more swag and u guys r dere hating dem. Una go old. Wake up 2 d reality on ground n b ur brodas keeper

1 Like

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 19, 2015
discusant:
Last election, SW said it with votes that there is no south of Nigeria as majority of SW electorate voted for a nothern candidate,owing to ethnic considerations.

The north can do anything it wants in Nigeria now unchallenged. SW's statement is that it is better to eat crumbs from the north than have people of old eastern region preside over the economy and political fronts in Nigeria.

For the Uduaghans of Southsouth, power was given to southsouth because Yar Adua died, but SS could not use the power to reform anything for six years. Time came, you consceded power to north, so why tell north what to be done with power. If care is not taken. SS may no longer receive the 13% from derivation.

North is most United up to Benue state, south is most divided, even southsouth is most divided.

..........while the south west is maginalised, abi?
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by ahaz: 9:00pm On May 19, 2015
Mynd44:
I guess the Delta state governor is part of the ignorant people who sees the North as one zone and not three different geopolitical zones.

Nigeria and Ignorance go side by ranting of a maniac side
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by asamaigho(m): 9:37pm On May 19, 2015
IGBOSON1:
I wonder why we're not hearing any protests from their friends down south over this blatant display of avarice and greed! Just imagine the kerfuffle that would ensue if Igbos or the South East and South South had or intended to have all these top positions to themselves!?

avarice and greed..in dsame sentence,
i tot dey r dsame .

anyway we should be focused on good governance,rather than d trash called zoning.

2 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Nobody: 12:13am On May 20, 2015
omonnakoda:
I know where he is from,I do not think,I was around and aware,I was not told

So why did you include him in the list if you dont even know where he is from?
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by BigBen10: 8:01am On May 20, 2015
Mynd44:

So that will mean Delta state where the Governor is from is in the West and also Edo state. We can also argue Bayelsa too.

By your statements, Benue, Taraba and Adamawa are in the East too right?

Where do they dig you people from?

l know this is coming late but GOD bless you mynd44 for educating these idiots who think they are educated(read & write) but know very little about their own country.

Following you immediately
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by oluamid(m): 9:18am On May 20, 2015
edogirl2:

You're quick to call others eediots, but you've given us plenty of reasons to call you a lying idiot eediot.

Please give us an example in the history of Nigeria where the President, Senate President and House of Rep speaker all came from one region (North or South)

The scenario you mischievously listed above is clearly different from what the North is planning now, as Jonathan (a Southerner) is the President and the ultimate power in that equation.

But to have Buhari as President and Northerners in the other positions is totally unacceptable.

If that situation comes to pass, it will clearly confirm that Buhari is a tribalist and that Northern domination was part of his plan all along.

The day this situation is confirmed, my support for APC and Buhari ends.

In a sane society, the executive will show restraint and allow the legislature to decide it's own leaders. That you want otherwise beggars believe and shows that you want the impunity of the present dispensation to continue.

Politics is, afterall, a game of numbers where the majority will always have their way. It is my opinion that the top offices should be manned by men of competence and not seen as a way to balance the tribal equation.

Funny how most of the people who feel no one from another ethnic group deserve to occupy these positions are the ones who made the loudest noise when Nigerians won MP positions in the recent UK elections.

We have a very very long way to go in this country

1 Like

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by oluamid(m): 9:35am On May 20, 2015
klevjey:

my brother, the point am trying to make is: NO OIL ANYWHERE NEAR OR AROUND LAGOS, OGUN, OYO, ETIKI, ETC...cos if there is, I trust men like tinubu would have quickly emptied that place before u would say JACK..no oil bro, no oil...only a little part of ondo tapped into the blessing of being closest to SS in having oil..

Going by your reasoning, why has Edo which is closer to the SS than Ondo not tapped into this oil "blessing" coming from almighty SS? Geeez! It's cos of these kinds of post that Mama Peace said "chai, diaris goduoo".

Just so u know, apart from Ondo, Ogun and Lagos both have oil reserves in commercial quantity. As a matter of fact, States around the Chad basin also have oil just that the govt of the day is too lazy to put in the work that made Oloibiri what it is.

That the SS has oil is a lucky coincidence. No one did anything for the oil to be there. So stop gloating already.

1 Like

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by lastpage: 10:56am On May 20, 2015
omenka:
Very funny guy. How your name bears stark contrast with what you really are. No one conspired against Jonathan. He was a total failure and a disaster. Nigerians from all walks of life came together, tearing down the ethnic and religious walls erected by Jonathan and his henchmen, to serve him the defeat he so richly deserved.

Get used to it.

Hehehhehehe! grin grin grin grin

Its not easy to get USED TO..... except you are the type that is enlightened and READY to free you mind of Ethnic and Religious Hatred!

....and we know that amongst those people, its like asking them to be "Born Again", figuratively speaking
. wink wink undecided

Even with all the information coming to light now (even as we are yet to reach May 29th and beyond! shocked shocked shocked ), from the NNPC Audit report, the 2Trillion Naira Campaign wastage, Non-existent power supply, Fake Trains, Fuel Scarcity and Subsidy SCAM, Depletion of our Foreign National Reserve, Immigration Recruitment Scandal, Boko Haram "corrupt" mismanagement and war-prosecution, the lies, the killings and general breakdown of Security within the polity, zero investment in Infratstructure, education and its incessant strikes, decay in the health Sector, Contract Scams here and there including the "Stealler" odua-gate, "Fa-Crook" Lawan and Dezzianni Allisson Madueke Private Jet scandals... and the list is as long as the second Niger bridge!....

.....these Peeps still have the effrontery to tell us that Jonathan was the best thing that happened to Nigeria after the discovery of how to make Akpu from cassava! shocked shocked shocked grin grin

That "Conspiracy Theory" is just a BAD EXCUSE and represents the EPITOME of "a stewpidity" borne out of Ethnic and Religious hatred for others ......because l know that they know better.

Lastpage!
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by omonnakoda: 3:38pm On May 20, 2015
AdamsBashforth:

So why did you include him in the list if you dont even know where he is from?
List of WHAT
Are you talking for talking sake or did you follow the conversation?
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by omonnakoda: 9:37am On May 21, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^It was different then because the topmost position was held by a Southerner! And besides, this was done with all being taken on board....with the blessing of the South, and without the South feeling they were sidelined when the decisions were being made!
The blessing of the "SOUTH" The "south" meaning ...........?

You just adjust reality to suit you as you go along
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by kokoA(m): 9:42am On May 21, 2015
coputa:
I have always said it that,Buhari,the miracle worker of guillible nigerians is out to promote northern interest.Nigerians are not good students of history.
what has Buhari got to do with this now? Is he the one electing these people or Buhari has turn parliamentary positions into federal appointment? I wonder how some people reason sef? Hian!
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by coputa(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2015
kokoA:
what has Buhari got to do with this now? Is he the one electing these people or Buhari has turn parliamentary positions into federal appointment? I wonder how some people reason sef? Hian!
So you dont know how powerful the executive arm of government is and how they can manipulate decision from behind,think out of the box,please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki / Your Committee On Restructuring Has No Igbo Leader – Muslim Group Blasts APC / Wike Imposes Curfew On All Rivers' Land Boarders From 8pm - 6am

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.