Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,760 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:10 AM

Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism (17256 Views)

Eiye Cult Leader Killed In Ipaja Cultism Clash - Graphic Photos / Welder Beats Wife To Death For Alleged Adultery (Photo) / 14 JSS Students Arrested For Cultism In Edo(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by Icekyng: 6:34pm On May 19, 2015
flog them better cane!! angry
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by iukpe: 6:43pm On May 19, 2015
I think today's moral teachings have all gone wrong. Effect of society, movies and music content etc have derailed the learning and moral concept of the young ones.
Good sense of right and wrong is not upheld like in our growing days. We all must admit this. Those days, if a stranger brought you home and made a report of your bad behavior to your parents, they would thank the person and give you a good questioning or spanking. Today is all different anyway, strangers are very dangerous though so most of the work has turned to family. We have to work on it for the future of our which country the next generation will inherit.
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by sanomi002: 6:45pm On May 19, 2015
Am a vikings. Aro everybody. I rep igarra edo state I was a baby german in my primary skul days
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by ojimbo(m): 6:47pm On May 19, 2015
soon they will grow up amd travel with this their foolishness and lawlessness to another country and keeps on misbehaving there
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by Harbayormy(m): 7:03pm On May 19, 2015
I was there (benin) like 2years ago during ma Service year (Nysc)... I dare not beat any student cos already dem don tell me say Bros if u beat uz fr school no worry we (student) go cross u fr Road.. @ first I taught dey we're playin not until I got d principal informed and Funny enuf d principal told Me say 1 of ur colleagues dey Hospital.. Till I comot fr d skul I no dey carry Cane go class.. Make small boiz Cultist no go yeye me fr road
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 19, 2015
Some adults go just born pikin troway for house, they forget they have a resposnibilty.
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by Deadshotz(m): 7:38pm On May 19, 2015
hmm
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by eseosa77(m): 7:41pm On May 19, 2015
No wonder,I saw them last week packed full on one police hilux van.They were taken through my office at 1st east circular road and I began to wonder what they have done wrong,very good for them.

1 Like

Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by loschivatos(m): 7:43pm On May 19, 2015
A state where even a truck-pusher is a cultist.

Not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by gogodaye(m): 7:47pm On May 19, 2015
naijaboiy:
Well they have to be doing something against the Law for their arrest to be warranted.

Sadly there is no Law against cultism yet.

And they are also under aged to serve jail terms. So they'll definitely be released and the parents will be advised to watch them carefully.

The school may probably expel them.

Cultism in benin city is more than the four walls of the UNIVERSITY there. It's in every street and town.

So i'm not surprised. undecided

Na the story una dey tell this small children take lure them into fraternities......
If you were born during IBB time.....a decree was enacted still in force stipulating strident jail terms for those involved in such activities.....
The fact that they are kids does not exculpate them......they will be tried and dealt with according to the law and would serve their terms in either a borstal or remand home.......
As dem done enter net so......their yeye eyes go clear by force.....
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by akigbemaru: 8:45pm On May 19, 2015
cult war
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by bola4dprec(m): 8:46pm On May 19, 2015
JingoOAU:
They should give all the cultists in Nigeria Amnesty and even establish Ministry of cultism in Nigeria so as to cater for the cultists who has repented
suspect
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by Alichigozie: 8:58pm On May 19, 2015
Incomplete newz.

Should hv specified de name of de cult group(s) involved. Abi u de fear ni ??

lipsrsealed
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by isalegan2: 9:18pm On May 19, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
http://www.punchng.com/news/benin-police-arrest-14-jss-students-for-alleged-cultism/

The police in Edo State have arrested 14 Junior Secondary School students over their alleged involvement in cult-related activities in Benin, the state capital.
It was learnt that the students, aged between 12 and 15, were nabbed when a crack team of policemen stormed Oguola Secondary School at Saint Saviour in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of the state last Thursday.
No fewer then 56 persons had been arrested by the Nigeria Police for cult-related activities ‎in the state.
According to a source in the school, eight of the suspects were apprehended at flash spots within the school compound.

Their arrest, it was learnt, had prompted the police to conduct a search on some students in the classrooms, where items believed to be emblems of notorious cult groups were recovered from them.

It was also learnt that reports made against the students by some parents may have been responsible for the arrest.
However, the Principal of school has appealed to the police command to release those found to be innocent at the end of their investigations.
Efforts to reach the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Stephen Onwochei, ‎on the arrest were unsuccessful.
It was, however, learnt that 14 suspects were undergoing questioning at the State Criminal Investigation Department, Benin.

Nonsense! What is their crime? I see nothing in the write-up pointing to any ILLEGAL ACTIVITY. What is the charge against them? Whatthefuck is "Cultism"? Before long, they'll be attacking and burning innocent people again without specifying what they did wrong. "14 suspects (adolescents) were undergoing questioning" for possessing paraphernalia deemed related to some unnamed cults? "Notorious Cult Groups" that do what? Kill people? Rob people? Play violent video games? undecided Believe differently from the busybodies that went and reported to the jobless policemen? They don't have any more crimes in that town, huh? Rubbish paranoia!

Fraternities and sororities are part and parcel of American universities, by the way. Though they never interested me. They're not illegal.
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by adedayoleke90(m): 9:26pm On May 19, 2015
O lord come and have mercy on us.............jss students for God sake, nawa for this country o
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by elderhimself(m): 9:26pm On May 19, 2015
Cultism is nothing big nor special to us here in edo state oh....even government officials no wan take last sef.
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by naijaboiy: 9:55pm On May 19, 2015
CLEVABOY:
You are a very big fool.
And you are a stùpid fhuucktard! undecided
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by naijaboiy: 9:58pm On May 19, 2015
gogodaye:

Na the story una dey tell this small children take lure them into fraternities......
If you were born during IBB time.....a decree was enacted still in force stipulating strident jail terms for those involved in such activities.....
The fact that they are kids does not exculpate them......they will be tried and dealt with according to the law and would serve their terms in either a borstal or remand home.......
As dem done enter net so......their yeye eyes go clear by force.....
I don't think you comprehended my post well before quoting me.

That's the problem I have with Nairalanders when a thread makes Front page. undecided
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by omonosakhare(m): 10:31pm On May 19, 2015
Dis cult of a tin mostly start from sec. schl... Pls dis students should b dealt with accordingly oooo in order to reduce dis act in d mind of oda sec. schl students.
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by otokx(m): 2:49am On May 20, 2015
Parents no longer do the needful.
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by omohanet(m): 4:36am On May 20, 2015
This is what they called juvenile delinquency,
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by rexbuton: 9:12am On May 20, 2015
sanomi002:
Am a vikings. Aro everybody. I rep igarra edo state I was a baby german in my primary skul days
Make una see one of the mumu.. even english e no fit speak! Viking ko german ni
Re: Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism by dancoolD(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2015
When will Edo State people repent from cultism and witch-crafting? The State government have to set a battle measure to redeem the state from such embarrism condition

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Businessman For Ingesting Cocaine, Intercepts Heroin, Skunk / Woman Dumps Baby In Jigawa Cemetery / Gas Explosion In Ilorin Destroys Goods Worth Millions Of Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.