Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,469 members, 7,923,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 12:41 PM

Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name (38365 Views)

IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu To Drag Buhari, Security Agencies To UN, ICC / Akwa-Ibom Lawyers Drag Buhari To Court Over NDDC Appointment / Official Portrait Of Buhari As He Drops General Title From May 29 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by IceDude(m): 6:15pm On May 19, 2015
How dem dey call this kind lawyer dat year? Ok, na charge and bail grin......Abeg make una allow dat old man rest. Na so dem frustrate GEJ e don reach Baba turn, ah Nigerians! Wetin concern fowl wt tooth brush?
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by olaolulazio(m): 6:17pm On May 19, 2015
That's what happens when they don't have client anymore.

madness at its peak!!
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by stag: 6:17pm On May 19, 2015
The lawyer seemed to have raised valid points in the article. But the part of the armed forces act he quoted that says that except the officer had been involved in coup d'tat seems to counter what he wrote.

Intriguing also is the fact that the general will be cautious to admit his participation in a coup, giving life to this lawyer's views.

Besides how does the fact that General Olusegun Obasanjo did not use the title make it right? Perhaps overlooked because nobody ever brought that to notice.

We need lawyers like this in our growing democracy.

I'd like to follow up on this news.

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 19, 2015
This Jonathan lawyers sef
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 19, 2015
There are countless cases of pple illegaly detained because they're poor. Same goes for countless others held in remand. If this lawyer has d interest of Nigeria at heart like he claims, he shud go help such pple instead of chasing his shadow.
A lot of lawyers and journalists are becoming a nuisance this days
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by vajayi: 6:19pm On May 19, 2015
ednoville:
Dear President Muhammad buhari(elect),
My name is Edwin Obaje and today 19th of may, I’m a year older, I hope you wish me a happy birthday when and if this letter gets to you, it’s my heartfelt desire that you get to read it. Also, your acknowledgement of the receipt of this letter and promise to take immediate action when you get to office as it concerns the content of this letter will be a wonderful birthday gift to me which I’ll cherish for a life time.
As a child right activist, I’ve been personally monitoring events around the country as they affect the total well being of the Nigerian child but none has burdened my heart like that of the recurring sad stories of children being infected and dying from lead poisoning. First, in Zamfara state and now in Niger state. Just recently 28 children have died from lead poisoning from illegal gold mining in Rafi area of Niger state, action must be taken quickly if they are not to suffer irreversible neurological damage.
Doctors Without Borders (DWB), an international NGO has been treating children from a 2010 mass lead poisoning in Zamfara state that killed 400 kids and left many paralyzed, blind and with learning disabilities because of a three-year delay in government funding for a clean up. DWB have claimed they have cured 2,688 of 5,451 people infected and hope to complete treatment next year. They have had most success in the worst affected village of Bagega where all but 189 of 1426 people have had the lead leached from their bodies.
Mr President-elect, It will be of interest to you to know that all those newly infected in Niger State are under the age of 5 years which is the age range of children with the lowest immunity against foreign infection or invasion, 43 per cent of the 65 sickened children are dying. The new mining sites which were found to contain leaded ores are often brought home for crushing and processing and are associated with this devastating impact of this outbreak, the fact that villagers make up to ten times as much from gold than from farming is the major factor encouraging illegal mining in these states. It has been discovered that Zamfara state where the processing area was found contains over 100,000 parts per million of lead which is far above 400 parts per million which the UN considers safe
Sir, the root cause of this lead poisoning crisis has been identified as unsafe mining and ore processing. People who engage in mining and ore processing must be given access to facilities and programs to allow them safely mine and process ore without exposing themselves or others to toxic lead. I therefore, On this my birthday passionately appeal to your incoming government to provide full support to these organizations especially the Doctors without Borders that are risking their lives and investing their time and resources to help curtail this crisis as previous Governments efforts to forbid artisanal mining have failed.
I hope you’ll wish me a happy birthday, but your wish for me can only come through if you’ll sincerely regard this passionate request as a national emergency in defense of the rights of the Nigerian children as adopted by the United Nations 1989 convention of the rights of the child which Nigeria is signatory as you begin your historic journey of change.
Our leaders of tomorrow depend on you; posterity beckons on you, save the children and save our future. Congrats on your election and thank you for taking time to read this.
EDWIN OBAJE
(May 19, 2015)
On behalf of affected Children
hi edwin,na busola be ds o,happy birthday,tried reachinhg u to wish u a happy birthday,no way to get across,Nairaland found u 4 me,last week was bisola's bday,nd next week is Nosa's.u remember me now?sent u a pm already
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by brilliant5(m): 6:19pm On May 19, 2015
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by roycegabby(m): 6:21pm On May 19, 2015
Still on the mater!. .....but come to think of it ...why baba want to stop people addressing him by his title? ..........sai baba!...still typing I day come make I chop grin
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by Avatar(m): 6:22pm On May 19, 2015
Just angry

LOL grin

That's all. undecided
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by bolliejay(m): 6:23pm On May 19, 2015
Dis Ebun guy no get work oo. Wetin concern agbero wit overload...na so. E de drag LCC then til he tire. Smh
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by gateleo(m): 6:25pm On May 19, 2015
[size=20pt]This guy nah big fool period!!![/size]
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by Allikola(m): 6:28pm On May 19, 2015
We don see u D Law
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by IYANGBALI: 6:29pm On May 19, 2015
Na wetin be dis lawyer own?na by force to bear title? Sobolation dey worry am
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by missKiffy(f): 6:29pm On May 19, 2015
Why do some people like taking panadol for another man's headache
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by babasanti: 6:31pm On May 19, 2015
See entitlements to buhari after retirement yet he wnts to scrap that of governors. What a country of deceit

1 Like

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by millionboi(m): 6:32pm On May 19, 2015
ednoville:
Dear President Muhammad buhari(elect),
My name is Edwin Obaje and today 19th of may, I’m a year older, I hope you wish me a happy birthday when and if this letter gets to you, it’s my heartfelt desire that you get to read it. Also, your acknowledgement of the receipt of this letter and promise to take immediate action when you get to office as it concerns the content of this letter will be a wonderful birthday gift to me which I’ll cherish for a life time.
As a child right activist, I’ve been personally monitoring events around the country as they affect the total well being of the Nigerian child but none has burdened my heart like that of the recurring sad stories of children being infected and dying from lead poisoning. First, in Zamfara state and now in Niger state. Just recently 28 children have died from lead poisoning from illegal gold mining in Rafi area of Niger state, action must be taken quickly if they are not to suffer irreversible neurological damage.
Doctors Without Borders (DWB), an international NGO has been treating children from a 2010 mass lead poisoning in Zamfara state that killed 400 kids and left many paralyzed, blind and with learning disabilities because of a three-year delay in government funding for a clean up. DWB have claimed they have cured 2,688 of 5,451 people infected and hope to complete treatment next year. They have had most success in the worst affected village of Bagega where all but 189 of 1426 people have had the lead leached from their bodies.
Mr President-elect, It will be of interest to you to know that all those newly infected in Niger State are under the age of 5 years which is the age range of children with the lowest immunity against foreign infection or invasion, 43 per cent of the 65 sickened children are dying. The new mining sites which were found to contain leaded ores are often brought home for crushing and processing and are associated with this devastating impact of this outbreak, the fact that villagers make up to ten times as much from gold than from farming is the major factor encouraging illegal mining in these states. It has been discovered that Zamfara state where the processing area was found contains over 100,000 parts per million of lead which is far above 400 parts per million which the UN considers safe
Sir, the root cause of this lead poisoning crisis has been identified as unsafe mining and ore processing. People who engage in mining and ore processing must be given access to facilities and programs to allow them safely mine and process ore without exposing themselves or others to toxic lead. I therefore, On this my birthday passionately appeal to your incoming government to provide full support to these organizations especially the Doctors without Borders that are risking their lives and investing their time and resources to help curtail this crisis as previous Governments efforts to forbid artisanal mining have failed.
I hope you’ll wish me a happy birthday, but your wish for me can only come through if you’ll sincerely regard this passionate request as a national emergency in defense of the rights of the Nigerian children as adopted by the United Nations 1989 convention of the rights of the child which Nigeria is signatory as you begin your historic journey of change.
Our leaders of tomorrow depend on you; posterity beckons on you, save the children and save our future. Congrats on your election and thank you for taking time to read this.
EDWIN OBAJE
(May 19, 2015)
On behalf of affected Children
......walk down 2capital Fm in abuja,ask of Mr Tony.he wil help u tek d msg 2presidnt -elect,datz if u r serious wit d campaign!hapi birthday

1 Like

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by CriticalThought: 6:32pm On May 19, 2015
The lawyer has the right intentions but is going about it the wrong way. We should be focused on nation building for ourselves and generations unborn, title will not put food on the table

Good day everyone
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by BigElEddy(m): 6:32pm On May 19, 2015
Who is this fool?
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by Namadobi: 6:32pm On May 19, 2015
BUKOLA SARAKI MY HERO

EL-RUFAI MY ROLE MODEL

AMEACHI MY GUY
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by abubkhr: 6:32pm On May 19, 2015
See me see wahala ooo. Lawyer you no get work again ne?
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by FitnessNigeria: 6:33pm On May 19, 2015
Nawa for this country o

Person say make una no call am General, una insist say him must answer the name.

Chai, Lagos lawyer.
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by babasanti: 6:33pm On May 19, 2015
Buhari knows he joined the army without the mandatory ssce certificate. Buhari is not the messiah, soon nigerians will see it

1 Like

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by omokoladele(m): 6:33pm On May 19, 2015
Since clients are no longer coming they gat no option than to look for trouble themselves!

God Bless Nigeria so that we will be busy doing something reasonable with ourselves (Ameen)
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by millionboi(m): 6:35pm On May 19, 2015
ChokolateBoss:
There are countless cases of pple illegaly detained because they're poor. Same goes for countless others held in remand. If this lawyer has d interest of Nigeria at heart like he claims, he shud go help such pple instead of chasing his shadow.
A lot of lawyers and journalists are becoming a nuisance this days
d proffesion pays meagre nw.....na hunger dey disturb d guy
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by millionboi(m): 6:38pm On May 19, 2015
Keneking:
This Jonathan lawyers sef
must u cal jonathan even in ur dream

1 Like

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by ApexTitan(m): 6:38pm On May 19, 2015
On the face of it this all looks ridiculous but the lawyer does make some good points. As usual with Nairalanders and many Nigerians they didn't bother to read whether the case has merit or not yet they rushed to make comments. Typical.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by bishopcarterIV: 6:39pm On May 19, 2015
Not be dem fault, na hunger na... Wetin u expect, Imagine make Lawyer self dey do Promo !!!
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 19, 2015
[left][/left]Small time now, another lawyer go drag Johnathan to supreme Court for conceding Defeat before INEC announce result ! grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by Bflexing(m): 6:42pm On May 19, 2015
Werey re o!!!
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by preetyb(f): 6:43pm On May 19, 2015
Wonders shall never end
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by millionboi(m): 6:43pm On May 19, 2015
ki02020:
LMAO grin wetin concern this overzealous lawyer with another man tithle......today massob treaten baba tomorrow asari dokubo next tomorrow hand shake palava....baba is trouble embarassed
to rule naija no be hear
Re: Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name by freshdude99(m): 6:44pm On May 19, 2015
All these hungry Yoruba lawyers sha cheesy
Y O R U B A L A W Y E R S Shiro niyen shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo-otuoke Gets Ready To Receive Jonathan In ‘home Of Goodluck’ / Governor Wike And His Team Arrive New York City In Style Ahead Of Award. Photos / Did ‘International Community’ Threaten Supreme Court Justices On Imo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.