Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,919 members, 7,973,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 10:01 AM

Many Are Educated But Archic And Paranoid - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Many Are Educated But Archic And Paranoid (557 Views)

10 Poorly Educated But Incredibly Successful People(pics) / At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? / A Dozen Words That Even The Most Educated Nigerians Use Or Interpret Wrongly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Are Educated But Archic And Paranoid by bezzus(f): 8:45am On May 20, 2015
It's really annoying and more devastating whenever such happens. I have had great encounter with lots of educated people who exhibit such attitude.

Many have a faux conception of idea or should I say mistaking a brand for a product. Not only that, when you speak correct English or pronounces an English word the way it should be lots of Nigerians have their skin crawls.
Yet they never cared to know if you are right

For instance I went out to buy drink from my usual customer along the street. It was hot and I asked for any soft drink. They all laughed and said we have just coke. As I was leaving I heard the younger daughter saying I am full of my self. Which one is soft drink again. 'She should have called it hard drink'
Later in the night I went to buy milk and a asked for a sahet(saying it as sae$. ei) they laughed along with the guys there. I ignore it still feeling confident.

Other things I found is some people , making attitude when I want to buy things like nooodles and I did not call it idomie
Or when I ask what seasoning cube they have and then. they laugh

My contemporary at the church once laughed when I told her I was having igzaem (exam) to write. She laughed and said you and this English.

Well all in all I am glad there are lots of people around who still understand and acknowledge the fact that many of those words are right.
Re: Many Are Educated But Archic And Paranoid by shakazuldadon: 8:47am On May 20, 2015
Learn to be versatile and blend in.. most peeps are afraid of what they don't understand.
Re: Many Are Educated But Archic And Paranoid by Seunvense(m): 10:22am On May 20, 2015
Since the english u are speaking is the correct one,i think u should adhere to that, who knows someone might eventually learn from u.
Re: Many Are Educated But Archic And Paranoid by Aspiregreat: 10:36am On May 20, 2015
Achic lipsrsealed
Re: Many Are Educated But Archic And Paranoid by Akposb(m): 11:26am On May 20, 2015
shakazuldadon:
Learn to be versatile and blend in.. most peeps are afraid of what they don't understand.
This idea is what will really help anyone to get by as pronunciation of English words is a problem that will just remain with us. Op don't be afraid to play along sometimes but never abandon your thirst for the proper way.

(1) (Reply)

Time To Prepare For Laspotech Post Utme And Hnd Form / Easyway To Get Admission Into Any School Of Choice In Overseas... / Cheap And Affordable Education In Georgia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.