Stats: 3,178,525 members, 7,905,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 01:21 AM

What's The Best Thing To Do When An Inappropriate Scene Comes Up? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Best Thing To Do When An Inappropriate Scene Comes Up? (666 Views)

That Moment A Movie Gets To A Sex Scene When Watching With Your Parents / Hilariously Inappropriate Spelling Mistakes By Kids (pics). / What Is The Best Thing To Do When Your Newly Married Wife Says No To You On Bed? (2) (3) (4)

What's The Best Thing To Do When An Inappropriate Scene Comes Up? by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 20, 2015
Many times when older people watch some movies/TV shows with younger ones, some scenes they feel are not appropriate for the younger ones come up. Some fast forward those scenes, others tell the younger ones to close their eyes (I was surprised when I saw it) people do a lot of funny and ridiculous things. Is it right to do that? Kids are very curious and mischievous I must say, won't fast forwarding or telling them to close their eyes make them wanna know exactly what they don't want them to know? What's the best thing to do?
Re: What's The Best Thing To Do When An Inappropriate Scene Comes Up? by Moloso(m): 9:03pm On May 20, 2015
just passing by....
Re: What's The Best Thing To Do When An Inappropriate Scene Comes Up? by elantraceey(f): 9:07pm On May 20, 2015
If you don't want a child to watch a particular scene in a movie then there's no need allowing the child watch the movie at all because if you fast forward it , stubborn children like me then must go back later just to watch that part.
Re: What's The Best Thing To Do When An Inappropriate Scene Comes Up? by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 20, 2015
I don't allow them watch it at all or I quickly change the channel, but i forget to do that atimes n they will be the one asking me to change it.
Re: What's The Best Thing To Do When An Inappropriate Scene Comes Up? by Mcowubaba: 9:13pm On May 20, 2015
If na u nd ur parents/elder ones -if u have a Phone, quickly play ur ringtone....nd answercheesy dey comot Parlour...
If na ur younger 1s...simply fast forward d scene..

Ps...all this points varies based on who put the film
Because if na u put d film (maybe na Dvd plate or na u turn to the Station wey show d film) eh go still dey ur head (if u like answer call comot or travel go sokotogrin)...
Ur parents go be like "so this is the type of film u usually watch ehhsad"
Talking 4rm Empirical Evidencetongue nd experience!!!
Re: What's The Best Thing To Do When An Inappropriate Scene Comes Up? by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 20, 2015
elantraceey:
If you don't want a child to watch a particular scene in a movie then there's no need allowing the child watch the movie at all because if you fast forward it , stubborn children like me then must go back later just to watch that part.
Lol I think everybody did that…
But what if you've not watched the movie before? How will you know what's gonna happen? To me I think checking the movie rating is best
Re: What's The Best Thing To Do When An Inappropriate Scene Comes Up? by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 20, 2015
Mcowubaba:
If na u nd ur parents/elder ones -if u have a Phone, quickly play ur ringtone....nd answercheesy dey comot Parlour...
If na ur younger 1s...simply fast forward d scene..

Ps...all this points varies based on who put the film
Because if na u put d film (maybe na Dvd plate or na u turn to the Station wey show d film) eh go still dey ur head (if u like answer call comot or travel go sokotogrin)...
Ur parents go be like "so this is the type of film u usually watch ehhsad"
Talking 4rm Empirical Evidencetongue nd experience!!!
Lol, that funny look they'll have on face...it'll haunt you for hours even if they don't say anything.

Re: What's The Best Thing To Do When An Inappropriate Scene Comes Up? by misspicy(f): 5:34am On May 21, 2015
elantraceey:
i did dis alot,na wen ma parents comot i go put d film bck n see wat they dnt want me to see.....curiousity killed d cat i was caught one day...dat day ehn,dem beat ma me wella.
Re: What's The Best Thing To Do When An Inappropriate Scene Comes Up? by Nobody: 6:24am On May 21, 2015
the only thing I watch with my siblings is cartoon network.. nothing else. its better to avoid situations like that

Will You Allow Your Kids Do This? / Prayer Works... Get Married, Find The Right Man, single parents, divorced / Aww….see How A 27 Weeks Premature Baby Looks Like