Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,501 members, 7,881,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 07:32 AM

Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products (3041 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu To Igbos: "Forget Biafra And Unite With Nigeria", Igbos Blast Him / Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. / Peterside In Early Lead In Rivers - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products by Nobody: 8:13am On May 21, 2015
NAIJASOM:
LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin.

Chai, Igbos no go kill me with laughter...lol

There is something about this people i am yet to understand. Go to dubai, an arabic land and see for your self.

Igbos no dey carry last grin
they knw that if left alone igbos will develop lagoons for them in lagos. they realize this when they saw what development happened in Dubai and Qatar. grin
Re: Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products by AustineE1: 8:15am On May 21, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
let us analyse this ur imaginary "others will suffer if we go" syndrome.

are your telling me there will be no other people to buy and sell? isn't that your major strength?

and in the areas of manufacturing, u are simply insinuating that no other people can manufacture fake products, right?

dude, u people talk too much. you think you are the bane of everything

lol
I dont simply understand what some of you guys gain in your usual tribal bashing,a lot of meaningful time is wasted criticising and antagonising others.It is simply affecting the quality of contributions we Nigeria youths can make in discussions these days,we see tribe first in anything we discuss and the same generation and political class that plundered our economy and commonwealth,is having a field day while the youths are busy E-bashing each other....its painful for me to accept the fact that this generation,is a wasted generation.
Re: Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products by Nobody: 8:15am On May 21, 2015
patrick89:
lol you are the Ape here, we are very vocal kicking against it. And this publication is to make it looks like igbos have embraced it.

Please point out where I called you an ape?? With an iQ that's too low to comprehend simple sentences isn't your baifra already doomed before it starts if they have morons like you

Quote me again and I won't be this nice.....its too early to exchange words with an airhead smiley
Re: Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products by goooze(m): 9:00am On May 21, 2015
satelliteDISH:

If we gets biafra and then go our own way, who do u think it will favour the most. U re just afraid because u guys r losers.
My brother don't deceive yourself yorubas are more prepared than any other region. Remember it's not by noise making or chest beating what preparation or what steps are the ibos taking towards a successful ceding? The only thing I can see is radio biafra no planning towards Infrastructural development of the East as a region that want to stand on their own. while yorubas are preparing silently through there infrastructural development the ibos are making hell of noise everywhere through radio biafra.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products by omenka(m): 9:06am On May 21, 2015
rheether:
Its an Islamic
financial product targeted at Muslims in
the Northern part of the country. What if they are Muslims who are based in the north??
Don't be deceived. The politicians are the ones trying to polarise us along ethnic and religious lines so as to consolidate their grip on power. The average business man doesn't care a hoot who is buying or selling what, what they care about is if the venture is profitable. The same way the politicians don't care where you come from as long u can assist them in looting state resources.

The earlier we understand this, the better for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products by omenka(m): 9:08am On May 21, 2015
AustineE1:

I dont simply understand what some of you guys gain in your usual tribal bashing,a lot of meaningful time is wasted criticising and antagonising others.It is simply affecting the quality of contributions we Nigeria youths can make in discussions these days,we see tribe first in anything we discuss and the same generation and political class that plundered our economy and commonwealth,is having a field day while the youths are busy E-bashing each other....its painful for me to accept the fact that this generation,is a wasted generation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products by Freelancer00(m): 10:23am On May 21, 2015
rheether:
I see, any policy that will better my life I grab it with both hands. That's wisdom.
But I call it cawordice when u oppose something and later go behind to accept it. Why can't your No be ur No. Confusionists

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products by shaqhead: 10:45am On May 21, 2015
patrick89:
this publication is fraud, to woo igbos into that islamic whatever! I don't believe it!
Ofcourse u wont! The same way most of u ddnt believe and were ranting when u were told that a Soludo proposed ds policy b4 it was implementd by a Sanusi.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products by Ikengawo: 3:09pm On May 21, 2015
arewafederation:

My ibo friend, what is your opinion on this?

It's Igbo, and i think it's funny. Some people are upset but I don't see the reason because muslims pride themselves in being non-discriminatory so if anything this is proof to that. I'm also at ease because it means that islam has been integrated into the banking system not as a way to coerce people into becoming adherents or make the sector more advantageous to muslims. None interest banking is a relatively good idea and i think everyone should be able to benefit from it muslim or not. There are a lot of concepts from christians that muslims readily use. Even the christian Red Cross benefits northern muslim Nigeria than southern christian nigeria so this type of cross service is good because it allows the good of both religions to permeate across the divide.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products by arewafederation: 6:54pm On May 21, 2015
Ikengawo:

It's Igbo, and i think it's funny. Some people are upset but I don't see the reason because muslims pride themselves in being non-discriminatory so if anything this is proof to that. I'm also at ease because it means that islam has been integrated into the banking system not as a way to coerce people into becoming adherents or make the sector more advantageous to muslims. None interest banking is a relatively good idea and i think everyone should be able to benefit from it muslim or not. There are a lot of concepts from christians that muslims readily use. Even the christian Red Cross benefits northern muslim Nigeria than southern christian nigeria so this type of cross service is good because it allows the good of both religions to permeate across the divide.

People are upset because at the inception of non-interest banking, many in the south especially the ibo Igbos saw it as an "islamic agenda" but suddenly turn out to be the highest beneficiaries. I'm happy that they chose to embrace it which clears the misconception many had about such type of banking.

For once, I agree with you. But unfortunately, most of us see any policy in accordance to one's culture as conspiracy against others.
Re: Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products by Ikengawo: 6:58pm On May 21, 2015
arewafederation:

People are upset because at the inception of non-interest banking, many in the south especially the ibo Igbos saw it as an "islamic agenda" but suddenly turn out to be the highest beneficiaries. I'm happy that they chose to embrace it which clears the misconception many had about such type of banking.

For once, I agree with you. But unfortunately, most of us see any policy in accordance to one's culture as conspiracy against others.

"Igbos" isn't one person though. Are you 100% sure the individuals benefiting from the program were against it, Igbo or not? If 100% of igbos got online and spoke against one subject the internet would crash. I think Nigeria needs to reassess the population assumptions it has about Igbos. In every measure or use of nearly anything in the country Igbos are far ahead. It's either igbos are more populace than other groups or 1 igbo does what 4 individuals of every other group does.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Igbos Lead In Consumption Of Islamic Insurance Products by IGBOSON2: 7:04pm On May 21, 2015
rheether:
Its an Islamic
financial product targeted at Muslims in
the Northern part of the country. What if they are Muslims who are based in the north??

^^^You'll make a good defence attorney! wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Reason For The Latest Boko Haram Attacks - Idris Ahmed / Tonye Barcanista Is The Fake Barcanista. The Real Barcanista Is Gone / Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.