Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,677 members, 7,968,963 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:00 PM

When Your Religious Leader Has To Pray Before You Choose Your Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Religious Leader Has To Pray Before You Choose Your Partner (958 Views)

Even Marriage To A Religious Leader Does Not Guarantee Perfection / Who Is The Greatest Religious Leader Amongst Jesus, Muhammad And Buddha? / Some Prayer Lines Single Ladies Pray Before Stepping Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Religious Leader Has To Pray Before You Choose Your Partner by cellors: 8:40am On May 21, 2015
By TOYIN IDOWU
At 28 years, Joan, a top-notch chef with one of the renowned hotels in town had received six marriage proposals in her lifetime and had experienced four broken relationships in between. But when Abdul came on board with keen interest for her hand in marriage, she felt she was of age and wouldn’t want to have another record of broken relationship added, she decided to go extra mile by taking Abdul’s name to her spiritual leader to help her pray and confirm if their relationship would be good to go. The man prayed, and according to him, he assured her to go ahead because the relationship was God-ordained. Four months into their courtship, Jide showed up! Jide happened to be a guy Joan had always had crush on right from their teenage years till their university days and the feeling was still there. She was confused and at the same time never wanted to lose him because it looked like her dream was coming to reality. She took Jide’s name to her religious leader as well who prayed and reported to her that they could also marry but the marriage would not be as blissful as it would have been with Abdul. Another key thing she was told was, with Abdul, she wouldn’t struggle to have kids but with Jide, the first seven years of their marriage would be with no pregnancy let alone having a child.

Though, she didn’t like what she heard but out of frustration, she was forced to settle for Abdul, the one with better prospect. Things went on fine in the marriage except that she had to struggle with miscarriages for the first five years of the marriage which contradicted what her spiritual leader saw. When she eventually had the last pregnancy that didn’t result into miscarriage, she decided to travel out of the country where she had her baby but the sad news was that her husband, Abdul was involved in a plane crash three days after she put to bed while travelling to Dublin to see his baby and wife!

Marriage is a relationship between two matured adults that involves certain measures being put in place before it could work out. One of the things we need to understand before tying the knot is to realise marriage is a personal issue that must be carefully entered into without making others our yardstick because one size doesn’t fit all. This brings me to the issue of those who would rather prefer to take names of their prospective husbands and wives to pastors and imams for confirmation of intimacy through prayers. Let me state categorically here that no spiritual leader has the capacity to confirm your marital intimacy with any one neither does anyone of them has got the monopoly of access to God than you…if it’s your marriage, it’s got to be you!

While trying to make choice of a life partner, it is not out of place to cross-check with people and have some back ground information audited. But how do you explain those that are obsessed with having their pastors and imams pray over name(s) especially where multiple proposals are involved before they can take a decision? How do you explain when people feel they can’t take a decision on who to marry without having to wait on their spiritual leaders for a go ahead? Invariably, when their leaders say it is good, then it is good to them and when such states otherwise, they go with it. This doesn’t sound like a matured mind who knows what he or she is doing.

Don’t forget, your spiritual leader is also human like you. The same kind of grace on him is equally accessible to you. He has got blood running through his veins, he feels hunger and gets sexually excited the same way you do, so that doesn’t make him infallible; he can make mistakes and mislead you. At times, some people ignorantly marry their leaders’ choices because some of the prayers offered by the spiritual leaders and the outcome already get mixed-up and contaminated with the leaders’ personal preferences, beliefs and sentiments which can’t really stand the text of time. What you have at the end of the day is another man’s choice and not yours. Another practical example is this; it takes a leader who is much disciplined with integrity to pray without bias and come out with the truth about a lady who plans to marry a guy that is not in his good books….it’s really tough. This is one of the potential risks people should bear in mind while considering this method.

PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING
http://expressng.com/2015/05/when-your-religious-leader-has-to-pray-before-you-choose-your-partner-realitywithtid/

1 Like

Re: When Your Religious Leader Has To Pray Before You Choose Your Partner by Samiceman: 9:48am On May 21, 2015
Re: When Your Religious Leader Has To Pray Before You Choose Your Partner by micklplus(m): 3:54pm On May 21, 2015
This is perfectly summed and I hope the young lads would realise that, it is good to open your eyes enough to realise what you desire in your spouse. Some religious leaders can even as a result of their selfishness, choose your spouse for but wont be there when the wahala starts abeg.

"Don’t forget, your spiritual leader is also human like you. The same kind of grace on him is equally accessible to you. He has got blood running through his veins, he feels hunger and gets sexually excited the same way you do, so that doesn’t make him infallible; he can make mistakes and mislead you. At times, some people ignorantly marry their leaders’ choices because some of the prayers offered by the spiritual leaders and the outcome already get mixed-up and contaminated with the leaders’ personal preferences, beliefs and sentiments which can’t really stand the text of time."

1 Like

Re: When Your Religious Leader Has To Pray Before You Choose Your Partner by lomodele(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2015
One can easily choose a marriage partner if he/she understands the concept of marriage. God is d originator of marriage Gen 2:18. So without him you can't choose right but d issue of going to spiritual leaders is not good enof cos d best thing is for you to hear from God directly, then you can be sure urself dat God is the one leading you. One thing about the spiritual leader is dat he can only tell u part he can't tell u all 1 Cor 13:9 only God can tell u all (past, present and future) and also spiritual leader will only check to knw if the person is OK and OK is different from the will of God which is d most important thing and wat one should seek for.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Religious Leader Has To Pray Before You Choose Your Partner by INTERMAN: 5:32pm On May 21, 2015
Hmm
Re: When Your Religious Leader Has To Pray Before You Choose Your Partner by micklplus(m): 6:55pm On May 21, 2015
lomodele:
One can easily choose a marriage partner if he/she understands the concept of marriage. God is d originator of marriage Gen 2:18. So without him you can't choose right but d issue of going to spiritual leaders is not good enof cos d best thing is for you to hear from God directly, then you can be sure urself dat God is the one leading you. One thing about the spiritual leader is dat he can only tell u part he can't tell u all 1 Cor 13:9 only God can tell u all (past, present and future) and also spiritual leader will only check to knw if the person is OK and OK is different from the will of God which is d most important thing and wat one should seek for.

Funny enough, I didn't seek any spiritual assistance before and when I got married. I didn't marry in the church sef. My marriage is an agreement between myself and my wife.

I am thankful enough because, I have the best marriage in the world. I am having the best time of my life!!!

Forget all this spiritual jargons, have your taste, know what you want, go for it, love genuinely and marry your friend. Above all, open your eyes to your realities!!!!

No Input from one spiritual something is required!!!

2 Likes

Re: When Your Religious Leader Has To Pray Before You Choose Your Partner by lomodele(m): 10:18am On May 22, 2015
micklplus:

Funny enough, I didn't seek any spiritual assistance before and when I got married. I didn't marry in the church sef. My marriage is an agreement between myself and my wife.

I am thankful enough because, I have the best marriage in the world. I am having the best time of my life!!!

Forget all this spiritual jargons, have your taste, know what you want, go for it, love genuinely and marry your friend. Above all, open your eyes to your realities!!!!

No Input from one spiritual something is required!!!
God has more in stock for u Dan wat u av now.

(1) (Reply)

Guys On Here, Woo Me (show Your Wooing Power) / Is It Okay For A Woman To Support Her Man In Paying Her Bride Price? / Help O!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.