Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,857 members, 7,945,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 04:35 AM

Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki (2338 Views)

Wike Begins Demolition Of Structures On Waterways(photos) / Ikpeazu Moves To Demolish Illegal Structures In Aba / Every Illegal Structures In Aba Must Go Down, Vows Dr Ikpeazu (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by multebrain(m): 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2009
i_laugh tell me when government close market in UNITED KINGDOM or filling station they dont think about people that will be unemployed do they ?
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by ilaugh1: 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2009
@MutilatedBrain

No dey dont!
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by multebrain(m): 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2009
THAT MEAN BRITISH TOO DONT CARE FOR THERE CITIZEN AS NIGERIA DONT THINK ABOUT THERE CITIZEN OK I NEVER BELIEVE YOUR STORY
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by DisGuy: 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2009
just received some information from a very authentic source that lagos state urban and regional planning ministry is set to demolish the conoil filling station at Lekki to set up a round-about there. i think this is more of a political issue because
1. there are already 2 round-about which is not far apart from each other.
2. Why demolish a filling station where you have a bank and globacom office in it
3. why Mike Adenuga's company's when there are several lands which have no structures on them

But i learnt talks is going on right now on this issue with Fashola because they are suppose to start the demolition tonight.

The staff were only just informed today.

If you do not believe me go to that filling station, it is by Chisco bus-stop you will see a yellow mark for the demolition and the Bank have already placed a notice directing their customers to other Branches

what bases are they doing this?

i see this as proper bad belle in the first order.

you think roundabouts are to be constructed on unused lands, do you really think roundabouts are for beautification or they actually serve a purpose?
whats political about a roundabout and just one site? lipsrsealed
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 4:30pm On Feb 13, 2009
I have seen very many gas filling station gone down in Europe and replaced with structures, from houses, to parks and to just open ground, so, what is the big deal if a petrol station has to go to make life better for people in Nigeria?
i_laugh
You're missing the point.
It isn't big deal to demolish any private properties as long as it is done respectfully and accordingly.
It is natural for citizens to have emotional attachment to their properties, but if the demolishing process is done with common sense, I see no big deal.
It makes no sense to demolish private buildings without first providing alternate options to aid the residents during the process. Same thing goes with demolishing commercial buildings without first giving enough time and compensation to business owners to aid them during their relocation process.

It defeats the purpose of a mega city, when we only focus on demolishing private properties to produce this mega city. I think it is much more important to ensure the well-being of the people, the citizens that suppose to be living and doing businesses in this "mega city".

A mega city with no jobs and no place to live is illogical. We must straighten up our priority, and I'm sure that Fashola clearly understands this fact.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 4:38pm On Feb 13, 2009
Not to take anything away from the poster of this topic, but I would have preferred him to focus more on unemployment and inconveniencing the citizens that this project would produce if it isn't properly planned.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by multebrain(m): 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2009
i_laugh
It isn't big deal to demolish any private properties as long as it is done respectfully and accordingly.
It is natural for citizens to have emotional attachment to their properties, but if the demolishing process is done with common sense, I see no big deal.
It makes no sense to demolish private buildings without first providing alternate options to aid the residents during the process. Same thing goes with demolishing commercial buildings without first giving enough time and compensation to business owners to aid them during their relocation process.

It defeats the purpose of a mega city, when we only focus on demolishing private properties to produce this mega city. I think it is much more important to ensure the well-being of the people, the citizens that suppose to be living and doing businesses in this "mega city".

A mega city with no jobs and no place to live is illogical. We must straighten up our priority, and I'm sure that Fashola clearly understands this fact.[sup][/sup]

i think you help tell him more some people dont understand what we are complaning about here they thought he dont like development we like good thins but there must be an alternative for citizens
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Feb 13, 2009
zomby:

i_laugh

A mega city with no jobs and no place to live is illogical. We must straighten up our priority, and I'm sure that Fashola clearly understands this fact.

Makes absolute sense, but you still have not proved that Adenuga will not be hurt in any way by this move( if not compensated or given of free will to government). Now you mention jobs lost without adding that is also revenue lost. Lekki happens to be valued more than any real estate in Nigeria.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2009
Since you've presented to me that you have a direct fixation on Adenuga, may be it isn't a bad idea for you to let us know what's on your mind.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by multebrain(m): 5:22pm On Feb 13, 2009
i dont think anyone here know adenuga or has anything doing with adenuga we are discusing abt nigeria and people in nigeria adenuga is a nigerian isnt it to the best of my knowledge no one has any relationship with him here this forum is nigeria forum ok
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Feb 13, 2009
zomby:

Since you've presented to me that you have a direct fixation on Adenuga, may be it isn't a bad idea for you to let us know what's on your mind.

Sigh!!! So nevermind you came in here claiming to have the man all figured, out and insinuating that because we are not in Nigeria, we can not know of the man as much as you do; I am the one with some fixation on this man now? Gosh!!!! You people never seize to amaze, do you?
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2009
Sigh!!! So nevermind you came in here claiming to have the man all figured, out and insinuating that because we are not in Nigeria, we can not know of the man as much as you do; I am the one with some fixation on this man now? Gosh!!!! You people never seize to amaze, do you?

1st: You must be referring to your people.

2nd: I see no reason for me to prove what I know to you, it is stupid and unnecessary.
As responsible adults, our attention should be on unemployment, the inconvenience of the citizens and also making sure that the demolition process in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria is being done respectfully and accordingly.

Finally: I just don't have the time debating with you on how much money this new development would cost Adenuga. I think it makes sense for you to note that, not everyone has 10 hrs daily to give away on Nairaland for nothing.

Find yourself another partner.

Sorry.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2009
zomby:

1st: You must be referring to your people.

2nd: I see no reason for me to prove what I know to you, it is stupid and unnecessary. As responsible adults, our attention should be on unemployment, the inconvenience of the citizens and also making sure that the demolition process in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria is being done respectfully and accordingly.

Finally: I just don't have the time debating with you on how much money this new development would cost Adenuga. I think it makes sense for you to note that, not everyone has 10 hrs daily to give away on Nairaland for nothing.

Find yourself another partner.

Sorry.

Roflmao!!! You finally cave that all you know exists in your mind and has no real bearings on reality unless you are able to prove it? Phew!!! START LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD DUDE!!! You do not go around saying things you can not prove as being TRUE. You can tell us it is your personal belief , that is acceptable, but when you move past that rhelm, you better be willing to prove it or shut up about it!!! We are not all idiots in here to accept your word as gold!
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by multebrain(m): 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2009
what i know is only GOD will save nigeria from all this bad people
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 6:16pm On Feb 13, 2009
Roflmao!!! You finally cave that all you know exists in your mind and has no real bearings on reality unless you are able to prove it? Phew!!! START LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD DUDE!!! You do not go around saying things you can not prove as being TRUE. You can tell us it is your personal belief , that is acceptable, but when you move past that rhelm, you better be willing to prove it or shut up about it!!! We are not all idiots in here to accept your word as gold!
Hey, if this is what brings you joy, more power to you.

It's cool.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Depilot(m): 6:26pm On Feb 13, 2009
I totally agree with you. The purpose of the mega city is to serve the citizens. So, it would be better if Fashola could design a method that compliments both the mega city and the citizens.
We can not be killing one to produce the other, both entities must exist and function together.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 6:34pm On Feb 13, 2009
@depilot:
I've met Gov. Fashola on several occasions and he has always been a great listener and a thoughtful guy. I'm sure that he's aware of all these factors.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Depilot(m): 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2009
My cousin works directly for the deputy gov and he has used the same exact terms to describe Fashola. He seems to be getting a lot of positive attention, i hope it stays this way for the rest of his 4 years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confirmed Results Of National Assembly Elections At A Glance / Would Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ) Be More Effective In The Zoo? / Vice President seat would cause division in APC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.