Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,682 members, 7,914,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 12:26 PM

Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars (8238 Views)

Movie Stars Who Died During Production / Nigerian Movie Stars / Some Nigeria Movie Stars Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by Grizzly(m): 12:28am On Feb 22, 2009
such long and boring posts
Is that the prerequisite for posting here? undecided
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by StFunmi(f): 10:25am On Feb 22, 2009
Its alarming the way people raise tribal issues where there are none. Scary to think about seeing as I have to deal with such people everyday.

You are telling me that you couldn't see the glaring tribalism here?. You may need to take a trip to lens crafters.
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by hackney(m): 3:18pm On Feb 22, 2009
Tribalism on who's part,Glo?
Thought the ppl in the list were simply NIGERIANS , a bit like those constantly in the seat of power (power nyashes!!!  LOL)
Just Kidding.
Whether na Jide kosoko  or Mike garri-plantain dey the list, i no send. (i go die ooooo!!!! ekwekwe!!)
Honestly couldnt care less (as no be my pocket)

After all na so we go dey for grass root dey hala tribalism while babangida dey nzeribe house for Germany them dey laugh ko!ko!ko!ko!ko!
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by Afam4eva(m): 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2009
Who's the tribalists here, GLO? aren't they yorubas
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by Afam4eva(m): 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2009
Globacon is a business organization and they are looking for how to maximize profit, so, they will put their money where their mouth is.

We all know that the Igbo movie industry is more popular than any other industry Yoruwood and Hausawood inclusive simply because their movies are in English, so it appeals to other people that are not of Igbo extraction.

You complain that only 1 youruba actress was chosen, then what do u say about the hausas, Edos and other ethnic groups that were not even represented.
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by AfroCynic: 2:13am On Mar 01, 2009
I think this was a foolish over sight on the part of GLO. They really should have tried to include other ethinicities. I mean, Funke AKindele is cool and if the aim is to represent the company as young and upwardly mobile, I am sure they could have found an SS actor to also include or a Kannywood actor. Will their campaign have the desired effect in the north, hmmn I think not.

I am a pretty open minded Nigerian but when I read that list, the first I thought I had was 'wow this is very Igbo-centric' and any one who claims they did not think the same is a damned liar, yes I said it. It may cause trouble for GLO in the long run, as a matter of fact, I hope it does.
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by allboyz(m): 11:07am On Mar 01, 2009
sounds to good to be true! im outta here
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by mykephils(m): 1:19am On Mar 05, 2009
Hi, Our company RENAISSANCE MEDIA is a registered licenced Nollywood movies distributor with National Films and Videos Censor Board. We also have Nigerian Export Promotion Council Certificate of Export. Do you need Nigerian Films in Bulk at Great discount for Nigerians in the Diaspora. Do you want to reseller in SOUTH AFRICA, UK,GHANA etc. Please contact me check out our website www.renaissancemediang.com +2348065477209 ,+2348054542737
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by asha80(m): 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2009
Globacom’s largesse tears Nollywood apart http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showtime/2009/mar/20/showtime-20-03-2009-004.htm
With Azuh Amatus [azuhamtus@yahoo.com] Tel: 08023380008
Friday, March 20, 2009

Otunba Mike Adenuga
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Showtime Stories

The recent plan of telecommunications giant, Globacom to endorse and make some top Nollywood stars its brand ambassadors is currently causing ripples in Nollywood. And according to our reliable insider, if not properly managed, might tear Nollywood apart and probably pitch the Otunba Mike Adenuga led organization against some leading practitioners in the nation’s motion picture industry.

We further gathered that some of the complaints put forward by most of the aggrieved practitioners, who are also popular names, was that Glo’s selection process was heavily biased, smacks of tribal sentiments, devoid of due process and totally against global best practices. “It is a known fact that some top officials at Glo, only hand picked their actors and actresses friends in Nollywood, while others made the list based on tribal sentiments and favouritisms.

If you look at the controversial list thoroughly, you will agree with me that some of those chosen, as ambassadors do not have any business being on the list, let alone representing Nollywood for Globacom, especially now that we are re-branding Nigeria.
We are not saying that Glo must use all Nollyywood stars as their ambassadors, all we are asking for is that the selection process should be very transparent and devoid of ethnic colourations or favouritisms. Even some qualified stars earlier chosen were later dropped without concrete reasons, and we suspect foul play.

We are using this opportunity to call on Glo to immediately rectify this anomaly and save Nollywood from further disintegration,” disclosed this popular practitioner in Nollywood, who wants to remain anonymous. Trust us to keep you darling readers posted, for more fireworks, while also waiting for an official response from Glo.

I wonder who is being tribalistic to the other.It is a well known fact that most top officials in GLO are yoruba so are they being tribalistic to themselves
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by lucabrasi(m): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2009
thank GOD im not a nollywood practitioner so theres no chance of me being the individual mentioned lol
here i was thinking im the only one seeing the tribal tint in the selection,supposedly educated and enlightened advert executives behaving like stark illiterate,involving tribal affiliations/sentiments in business
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by asha80(m): 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2009
@lucabrasi

The advert and enligntened advert executives in GLO are the not mostly yoruba?
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by AfroCynic: 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2009
asha 80:

@lucabrasi

How, pray tell, do you know this?
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by chibic(m): 7:22pm On Mar 21, 2009
@afrocynic
that tribalistic blood which inherited from ur mom will kill u.the way u hate igbos is how i hate u too.FOOL
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by asha80(m): 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2009
@Arocynic

I do not think you know Glo well.Since you said you left nigeria at the age of 11 i can forgive you.I have been to Glo offices and i can confidently tell you that up to 65% of Glo top executives are Yoruba.The owner of Glo is Mike Adenuga.

Again i ask are Yorubas becoming tribalistic against themselves?
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by chibic(m): 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2009
@AFROCYNIC
u r not happy with the whole thing because it's igbo-centric like u said.u can hang urself for that.top glo executives are yorubas and u are happy.TRIBALISTIC SCUMBAG.keep hating igbo,u will die on it .I promise u
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by AfroCynic: 7:43pm On Mar 21, 2009
asha 80:

@Arocynic

I do not think you know Glo well.Since you said you left nigeria at the age of 11 i can forgive you.I have been to Glo offices and i can confidently tell you that up to 65% of Glo top executives are Yoruba.The owner of Glo is Mike Adenuga.

Again i ask are Yorubas becoming tribalistic against themselves?

I can appreciate what you said but I think that is beside the point, I think it was a lack of foresight on the part of Glo, be they Yoruba or not. I think the list could be far more inclusive, I stand by that.
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by lucabrasi(m): 4:05pm On Mar 22, 2009
asha 80:

@lucabrasi

that is besides the point, you dont know who the advert exec s are for sure,so you are speaking based on a realm of speculation,talking about what we know which is that the line up was tribally biased which i have said before,and it is not only counter productive tribally, but totally wrong business sense and these are the issues
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by chibic(m): 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2009
I think the glo windfall is a herald of improvement in nollywood.it was a money well spent.I'm happy about it.at least,let igbos gain from glo also.
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by Afam4eva(m): 1:01am On Mar 24, 2009
lucabrasi:

that is besides the point, you dont know who the advert exec s are for sure,so you are speaking based on a realm of speculation,talking about what we know which is that the line up was tribally biased which i have said before,and it is not only counter productive tribally, but totally wrong business sense and these are the issues
Glo is not a charity organisation, it's business man, it's not like those actors are not popular.
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by chibic(m): 6:41pm On Mar 24, 2009
well,i think u guys shouldn't be in pain over this shit.especially those who thaught the whole movement was tribalistic.
glo top executives are yorubas cos the owner is yoruba{tribalism and shit}
all glo adverts,even the cameo ones are given to only yoruba artistes cos the owner is yoruba{tribalism and shit}.
now they decided to extend it to other tribes through another medium,i think it's a big change in NAIJA.and now u monkeySare whining?y;all problems are summarized in one word.AFROCYNIC has the word{ETHNOCENTRISM,lol}.but it's all good anyway.

IT'S NAIJA!
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by Delllaptop: 7:01pm On Mar 24, 2009
Na wa!
Why do people see tribalism in everything. Even a private organisation that is trying to maximize profit is also accused of tribalism. Wonders shall . . .

The same quotasystem that is killing nigeria. Do you guys think Globacom is a govt organisation?

Some people have tribalism in their iris and they unfortunately reason with thier anus.
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by lucabrasi(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2009
afam4eva:

Glo is not a charity organisation, it's business man, it's not like those actors are not popular.
of course they are there to make money,it therefore follows that any action or inaction not giving full value for their 500million is a bad business decision,if you can spread the money to accomodate the whole ethnicities and hence all the demographics representing your subscribers wouldnt that be an economically and financially sensible decision rather than excluding some ethnicities?
how do you think the yoruba,hausa, and other ethnicities who are either glo subscribers or potential subscribers will feel??that is the issue
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by iReport: 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2009
it therefore follows that any action or inaction not giving full value for their 500million is a bad business decision,if you can spread the money to accomodate the whole ethnicities and hence all the demographics representing your subscribers wouldnt that be an economically and financially sensible decision rather than excluding some ethnicities?
So true. I think this goes on to show how despicable Adenuga is, dissing his own for the sake of money. Nobody that works for that man likes him. He is just a beast roaming through Nigerian labor market, devouring innocent Nigerian labor force because they don't have any other option. He is the shylock of our modern time.
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by asha80(m): 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2009
So true. I think this goes on to show how despicable Adenuga is, dissing his own for the sake of money. Nobody that works for that man likes him. He is just a beast roaming through Nigerian labor market, devouring innocent Nigerian labor force because they don't have any other option. He is the shylock of our modern time.

He simply went to where the money is.Tribe should not play a part in business.
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by iReport: 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2009
Nigga please! undecided undecided
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by MeGaStReEt: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2009
asha 80:

Yorubas are the most annoyin pipo i av ever come acrosss.

We are talkin abt a company thats own by a Yoruba man, i cant just stop lafin at their lame comment
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by mamagee3(f): 12:07am On Jan 30, 2010
These actors are milking money. grin grin grin
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by codedguy1(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2010
Glo is a private company, i believe they can choose whoever they feel is qualified to be their embassadors.

If the people picked represent their brand well then, its profitability for GLO, But if they do not represent them well, then its their own cup of tea.

Any which way, i believe Glo has the right to choose whoever they want as embassadors , regardless of any sentiment.

Na becos plenty money dey attached to the thing naim make all this noise dey.

The power of money grin grin
Re: Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars by GODSON2009(m): 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

Yorubas are the most annoyin pipo i av ever come acrosss.

We are talkin abt a company thats own by a Yoruba man, i cant just stop lafin at their lame comment
pipo indeed,and u r the most narrow minded bigot i have ever come across

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Protector 2018 Complete S01 Hdrip 720p Dual Audio In Hindi English / bbnaija: Tboss Shows Off Her Pierced Niipples On TV 18+ (Photos & Video) / Mnet 's Deal Or No Deal Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.