Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,350 members, 7,881,296 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:10 PM

What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please (1440 Views)

Cars: Their Names, Meaning And Nomenclature / Knowing The Meaning Of The Colour Of Your Dashboard Warning Light Is A Lifesaver / Quick Meaning Of 'P','R','N','D','2','L' And 'OD' For Autogears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please by charly24: 10:15pm On May 21, 2015
Hello gurus in d house i noticed for two days now when driving there is this battery indicator and ABS DAT flashes and goes off on my dash board please what does dis signifies i intend to see an auto electrician Saturday morning wen I will be free cos no work Ur advice is needed thnks
Re: What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please by Phinagold(f): 10:21pm On May 21, 2015
So u dont have neighbors, friends, or co-workers? Even family. Now that we have known u have a new car for the first time, what next ?
Re: What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:43am On May 22, 2015
Phinagold:

So u dont have neighbors, friends, or co-workers? Even family. Now that we have known u have a new car for the first time, what next ?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2365306_fbimg1429634447115_jpegaf8b41897a007c7b309125c6957d550b
Re: What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:49am On May 22, 2015
charly24:
Hello gurus in d house i noticed for two days now when driving there is this battery indicator and ABS DAT flashes and goes off on my dash board please what does dis signifies i intend to see an auto electrician Saturday morning wen I will be free cos no work Ur advice is needed thnks

Always nice to name the type of vehicle with the problem.

The batt sign refers to failure in the charging system of the car possibly from the alternator. Its best to scan a car before working on it (from 1996 upwards) the abs sign "might" be as a result of a low batt level. Scan and fix the charge fault first.

If in lagos 08023251039
Re: What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please by charly24: 7:52pm On May 22, 2015
Phinagold:

Re: What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please by charly24: 7:58pm On May 22, 2015
Hello my friend I don't tik u were asked to comment on my post I was only asking d men wen sabi and thnk God I HV a response from one already if u check my profile u will knw i HV been driving for a while now @ gazzuz thanks so much am in Benin I will get it checked first thing in d morning thanks
Re: What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please by donchruzio(m): 9:05pm On May 22, 2015
charly24:

It would have appropriate for you the state the kind of car , model and year; ABS ( anti lock braking system) is a global phenomenon across car brands in the world but as related to dynamic traction control , the designation vary from one car manufacturer to the other. For instance if you are driving a bmw car and that happens you could see Abs DTC, ABS DSC , DSC , DTC or ATS which flashes momentarily telling you dynamic traction control or the other designation are in effect or are active for that time. Which means at that point the acceleration of your car have been automatically controlled vis a viz you car speed sensors , the electronic control module and the relative grip of your car to the road surface for safety drive .you will notice at that moment that irrespective of how hard you floor your throttle pedal you may not notice tangible difference in the acceleration of your car.
Re: What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please by charly24: 9:35pm On May 22, 2015
donchruzio:

It would have appropriate for you the state the kind of car , model and year; ABS ( anti lock braking system) is a global phenomenon across car brands in the world but as related to dynamic traction control , the designation vary from one car manufacturer to the other. For instance if you are driving a bmw car and that happens you could see Abs DTC, ABS DSC , DSC , DTC or ATS which flashes momentarily telling you dynamic traction control or the other designation are in effect or are active for that time. Which means at that point the acceleration of your car have been automatically controlled vis a viz you car speed sensors , the electronic control module and the relative grip of your car to the road surface for safety drive .you will notice at that moment that irrespective of how hard you floor your throttle pedal you may not notice tangible difference in the acceleration of your car.
Re: What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please by charly24: 9:37pm On May 22, 2015
Thanks boss its pencil light 1999 modern Toyota Camry it flashes and goes off again thanks
Re: What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please by Phinagold(f): 9:53am On May 23, 2015
charly24:
Hello my friend I don't tik u were asked to comment on my post I was only asking d men wen sabi and thnk God I HV a response from one already if u check my profile u will knw i HV been driving for a while now @ gazzuz thanks so much am in Benin I will get it checked first thing in d morning thanks

U have been driving and still dont knw d meaning of that sign? abeg go and rest ur head and wake up with another lie
Re: What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please by charly24: 8:31pm On May 23, 2015
Phinagold:

U have been driving and still dont knw d meaning of that sign? abeg go and rest ur head and wake up with another lie
Re: What's The Meaning Of This Signs Please by charly24: 8:33pm On May 23, 2015
Na u get Ur mouth abeg if u like don't close it Dats Ur own headache

(1) (Reply)

Can Flexible Fuel Cars Be Driven In Naija Fuels? / An Accident Just Occurred At Ido Bridge In Lagos / This 2019 Honda Urban EV Is A Perfect Blend Of The Past And The Future (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.