Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,923 members, 7,872,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:51 AM

Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea (1310 Views)

Ladies, If He Exudes Most Of These Traits, Pls Consider Marrying Him / 10 Reasons Why Marrying Nigerian Women Is Simply Doing Them A Favour / Ladies Is It A Bad Idea To Spread Your Panties Outside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by McEwen(m): 11:22pm On May 21, 2015
This article may be giving kudos to gold diggers, but how many people marry for love nowadays. undecided

It's okay if the man you love has a tonne of money or is comfortable enough to take care of you but the truth remains that money is an important factor in any relationship or marriage.

This means your man's pocket should not be overlooked and this includes how he handles his finances because you don't just marry a man, you marry his finances and debts (if he has any).

Here are the five tips on how to handle money issues with your man.

1. Talk about money openly: It's crucial that you chat about money with your significant other, even though it can be a sensitive, hot-button topic or you think it doesn't matter to you. "You may not care about money, but you still need to discuss it," says Gabrielsen. "It may not be the easiest subject to broach. But you always have to discuss money, ideally before you get married." Those conversations should continue after you tie the knot, too. Many couples hold regular "money meetings" to discuss the state of their finances.

2. Make money a factor when choosing a spouse: If the man who's won your heart is a major spender or has a mountain of debt, that could be a red flag. "If you marry someone with a significant amount of debt, that debt becomes yours as well," says Gabrielsen. So figure out where you both stand and be honest about whether it's a good match. "Part of being compatible with someone is having a financial path and agreeing on how to achieve it," he says. "I don't think it's the number one thing you should look at, but being compatible from a goals and financial standpoint is important."

3. Understand where your money is and what to do if something unexpected happens: Too often, says Gabrielsen, he sees one spouse running the show when it comes to household finances and the other having no clue about where the money is going. Big mistake. "Even if you don't want to be in charge of the money, you need to know where the assets are and whether you have an estate plan," he says. "You need to know what to do if something happens to your spouse."

4. Compromise: It's highly unlikely that the man you marry will be identical to you in his approach to money. That's OK. Couples need to meet in the middle when it comes to financial decisions they don't completely agree on. "It comes down to black and white numbers if you want to save a certain amount for retirement," says Gabrielsen. "But when you're deciding things like what kind of house to buy and how many vacations a year to take, it should be a compromise."

5. Be a team with a plan: Don't just wing it when it comes to tackling your finances. Instead, be strategic about it and work together. "You need to have a game plan," Gabrielsen advises. "Understand where you want to go and how you want to get there. That should be done jointly as a team. Both members of the team should agree to the plan. When you do that, it leads to a lot less fighting." Marriage is a meeting of the minds. And your finances should be, too. So yes, money matters in love — quite a lot, as it turns out. "Having a good financial strategy is part of a good relationship," Gabrielsen says. "It's important to be on the same page, especially when it comes to marriage."

Source:http://pulse.ng/relationships/relationship-tips-reasons-why-marrying-for-money-isnt-a-bad-idea-id3783745.html

Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by tosyne2much(m): 11:23pm On May 21, 2015
Lazy girls go be like, OP, may God bless your generation for this write-up

Nice write-up, but it's also paramount to know that no rich man wants to marry a BURDEN

*Quote me and I will show you why Arsene Wenger has not collected Champions League for decades *

3 Likes 254 Shares

Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by freecharles(m): 11:24pm On May 21, 2015
You make sense
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by McEwen(m): 11:24pm On May 21, 2015
tosyne2much:
Nice one
wink
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by DanceVille: 11:25pm On May 21, 2015
Nice write-up dude! Wait lemme read again
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 21, 2015
i supports you
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by ladyteska(f): 11:27pm On May 21, 2015
Interesting
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by falconey(m): 11:27pm On May 21, 2015
thinking about my dope money.

The key to be RICH FOREVER!!!
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by tosyne2much(m): 11:34pm On May 21, 2015
falconey:
thinking about my dope money.

The key to be RICH FOREVER!!!
Thanks jawe baba cheesy
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by McEwen(m): 11:36pm On May 21, 2015
DanceVille:
Nice write-up dude!
Wait lemme read again
grin
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by remsonik(f): 12:39am On May 22, 2015
tosyne2much:
Lazy girls go be like, OP, may God bless your generation for this write-up

Nice write-up, but it's also paramount to know that no rich man wants to marry a BURDEN

*Quote me and I will show you why Arsene Wenger has not collected Champions League for decades *

A man with money is only an added feather to a hardworking woman's cap.
No man wants a burden likewise no woman wants a lazy man.
Op God bless you for this writeup, it inspires every lady toiling hard to have a better future to not relent.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by naijaboiy: 3:24am On May 22, 2015
What has the girl in the picture got to do with the topic at hand?
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by agarawu23(m): 5:58am On May 22, 2015
remsonik:

A man with money is only an added feather to a hardworking woman's cap
Op God bless you for this writeup, it inspires every lady toiling hard to have a better future to not relent.
@bolded , I still dey find but I never see undecided

you ladies are all looking for already made men grin but some of you can't work for the money you want to spend lavishly with your rich boo cheesy
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by tosyne2much(m): 8:38am On May 22, 2015
remsonik:

A man with money is only an added feather to a hardworking woman's cap.
See as u dey tackle me cheesy
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by mentorandfriend(m): 9:13am On May 22, 2015
Most guys constantly uphold the notion that girls love to marry because of money, thereby categorizing all girls as gold diggers. But that is so untrue.

My girl for instance was far ahead of me in academic performance when we were students (I'm extremely bright though), her parents (both of them) are professors in the university, and they just got her a car last week, yet she's been sticking out her neck for me over the time we've been together. I dont even have a car yet. True love is real. Not all girls are gold diggers.
NB: Whether I'll marry her finally is not up for discussion, coz I dunno; but she's good.
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by rapmike(m): 9:54am On May 22, 2015
McEwen:

wink

This is a very misleading topic. The topic should have been : "Why Money talk should be important in relationships and marriage" or something around that area. I was about to pour hot lava on you when I decided to read this and found out that its financial advice you are giving.

Nice points but please change the topic.
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by remsonik(f): 12:49pm On May 22, 2015
agarawu23:
@bolded , I still dey find but I never see undecided

you ladies are all looking for already made men grin but some of you can't work for the money you want to spend lavishly with your rich boo cheesy
Your phobia that all girls are the same is what is keeping you from a good woman.
Yes its not a bad idea to want a ready made man but it becomes bad when you are obsessive about it.
A lot of men too don't want a lazy woman so pls let the ladies too pick the man they want.
Bottom line find a busy woman who understand your struggles and hussle and is ready to be your greatest cheerleader!!
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by agarawu23(m): 12:53pm On May 22, 2015
remsonik:

Your phobia that all girls are the same is what is keeping you from a good woman.
Yes its not a bad idea to want a ready made man but it becomes bad when you are obsessive about it.
A lot of men too don't want a lazy woman so pls let the ladies too pick the man they want.
Bottom line find a busy woman who understand your struggles and hussle and is ready to be your greatest cheerleader!!
girls are not same and that's the fact.

you sound like you will adapt to a poor nigga. will you be my boo ? undecided
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by McEwen(m): 2:17pm On May 22, 2015
agarawu23:
girls are not same and that's the fact.

you sound like you will adapt to a poor nigga. will you be my boo ? undecided
grin grin
Re: Relationship Tips: Reasons Why Marrying For Money Isn't A Bad Idea by agarawu23(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2015

(1) (Reply)

How Many Girls Can Do This? / Lara's Husband Is Sleeping With His Brother's Wife!! Please Advise Her / This Comic About Love Will Touch Your Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.