Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,588 members, 7,917,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 05:28 PM

Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). (1630 Views)

Your Best Friends (2 Guys) Take This Picture With Your Fiancee (pic) / Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / Guys, What Are You Gonna Do To This Girl If She Is Your Fiancee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by dgr8truth(m): 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2009
i'm trying to check mate the way i spend money because i found out recently that i spend too much, of which i can't give account of how the money was spent, so my girl opt for a joint account to check mate the way i withdraw and spend money. what is your stake on this? pls let me know what your opions are.
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by busygirl(f): 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2009
Hmm this is subjective. It depends on the type of girl you have. If you trust her enough, why not? But, personally i wouldn't try it. Whatever floats your boat love undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by JJYOU: 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2009
g/f NO NO. the mrs 101% MUST
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by busygirl(f): 12:30pm On Feb 12, 2009
[/quote][quote author=JJYOU link=topic=232964.msg3459595#msg3459595 date=1234437875]
g/f NO NO. the mrs 101% MUST
To think of it I wouldn't want to run a joint account with my husband. We've got different lives, innit grin
So far the bills gets paid on time and we don't have to argue about money, then we're totally cool cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by JJYOU: 12:34pm On Feb 12, 2009
busygirl:

To think of it I wouldn't want to run a joint account with my husband. We've got different lives, innit grin

why is that?
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by Omolola1(f): 12:58pm On Feb 12, 2009
@ topic

hell no

she is your girlfriend not your wife!
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by busygirl(f): 1:01pm On Feb 12, 2009
[/quote][quote author=JJYOU link=topic=232964.msg3459648#msg3459648 date=1234438451]
why is that?
I'm not tryna be selfish but i think we still hold different lives. I wouldn't wanna argue with my husband over money. So let every one be the caretaker of his/her own account. So far the bills are paid on time and your husband is performing his responsibilities wink( a personal view though)
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by dgr8truth(m): 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2009
Omolola1:

@ topic

hell no

she is your girlfriend not your wife!
is she going to steal your money with out your mandate (signature)? hell no. except she will wants to be wicked not affixing her signature on the cheque.
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by Nautillus(m): 1:34pm On Feb 12, 2009
Galfriend/Fiancee . . . .No way.

Wife. . .Yeah why not. . .afterall that aint my only account . . .right grin grin
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by JJYOU: 1:37pm On Feb 12, 2009
busygirl:

I'm not tryna be selfish but i think we still hold different lives. I wouldn't wanna argue with my husband over money. So let every one be the caretaker of his/her own account. So far the bills are paid on time and your husband is performing his responsibilities wink( a personal view though)
thanks. i believe (personally) every family must have a common joint account.  they should by all means have their personal accounts plus what we call family accounts that both have access to. ours are mostly operated by the lady of the house because she is better at it.  it suits us best.

feel free to practice what you think will work best for you.
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by Ben13: 1:51pm On Feb 12, 2009
so some Naija men can still fall victim to female fraudsters in this Obama generation shocked shocked
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by funkybaby(f): 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2009
Boyfriend NO. But he can give me his bank card sha with the pin grin grin

Husband YESSSS.
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by dgr8truth(m): 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2009
funkybaby:

Boyfriend NO. But he can give me his bank card sha with the pin grin grin

Husband YESSSS.
Ben20001:

so some Naija men can still fall victim to female fraudsters in this Obama generation shocked shocked

so love have no respect in this situation. there is something i still don't understand, will he/she make withdrawal without on your behalf? something i think is not possible. i love this girl and i think oh grin i will want to marry her.
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by babycool(f): 2:18pm On Feb 12, 2009
Boyfriend, Fiance's NO WAY!!! Husband, hmmmm, undecided
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2009
I dey craze? Not even a full joint account with my husband.
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2009
dgr8truth:

i'm trying to check mate the way i spend money because i found out recently that i spend too much, of which i can't give account of how the money was spent, so my girl opt for a joint account to check mate the way i withdraw and spend money. what is your stake on this? pls let me know what your opions are.

Looks to me like she's juts offering you help . . . you can say no if you want to , but personally I dont see anything wrong in that. I'm a wasteful spender myself so I'll really appreciate someone in my life who'll help me handle my finances better.

Besides like someone said what is she gonna do? Run away with your money? She cant make withdrawals without your consent so kini big deal?
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by dgr8truth(m): 9:28am On Feb 13, 2009
Ujujoan:

Looks to me like she's juts offering you help . . . you can say no if you want to , but personally I don't see anything wrong in that. I'm a wasteful spender myself so I'll really appreciate someone in my life who'll help me handle my finances better.

Besides like someone said what is she gonna do? Run away with your money? She cant make withdrawals without your consent so Kin big deal?

I think your point(s) is well articulated.

It seems these people are just saying no without any good reason. well I'm not surprise that is how most Nigerians behave they are not rational in the ideology and psychology. just because she is your girlfriend it's a no go area. come on wake from your ignorance and start thinking as a rational person.
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by Lovelace: 9:42am On Feb 13, 2009
First all,
We both seem to be in the same jam -spending habits that's getting way outta control. But that's where the contrast ends-as there's no gal suggesting a joint account.
Two things:
1. Fine,you go ahead and open a joint account-but what happens if the relationship ends thereafter.
2. An ex suggested that in the past,it wasn't for a joint account though-but for a joint investment.
Lets just say i was advised against it -reason being that we weren't married. Relationship ended still, so no awkward strings attached thereafter.
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by dgr8truth(m): 10:06am On Feb 13, 2009
If the relationship ends in the near future there is no problem we go to the bank and close the deal there. the problem with so many of guys is that the way we end our relationship is always crown with enmity with the other partner as a result of which we find it very difficult to communicate which aught not to be so. All relationship is not expected to lead to marriage, that should be registered at the very back of our mind, so that it wouldn't come as a surprise.
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 16, 2009
Lovelace:

First all,
We both seem to be in the same jam -spending habits that's getting way outta control. But that's where the contrast ends-as there's no gal suggesting a joint account.
Two things:
1. Fine,you go ahead and open a joint account-but what happens if the relationship ends thereafter.
2. An ex suggested that in the past,it wasn't for a joint account though-but for a joint investment.
Lets just say i was advised against it -reason being that we weren't married. Relationship ended still, so no awkward strings attached thereafter.

Answere to your questions:

1. If you split you close the joint account
2. If your split you can either decide to continue with the business or you split the profits and bail out if you think it'll be too awkward.

Like I said earlier, nothing wrong with it. Besides marriage is no guarantee. Some marriages do end in divorce.
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by pureminded: 9:50am On Feb 16, 2009
Laye Laye , I don marry am ni ? Girl friend Never
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by dgr8truth(m): 10:52am On Feb 16, 2009
pureminded:

Laye Laye , I don marry am ni ? Girl friend Never

It seems you don't have a cogent reason why you won't do it. I guess because others have said no, you just have to join their boat. Common man be on your own ok.
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by mayor007(m): 11:18am On Feb 16, 2009
Never because she's not yet my wife. Ever heard of the Yoruba adage that says "ówo lo ñ bojù òré jee".
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by pureminded: 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2009
Hey Girl or Boy , could you pls mind your Biz ? Im nt here to yahb ok? but if you request im gon give it to you real well . I dont think i've said someffin wrong and what make you think im not my self?? common boy or girl, Can you use a joint account with your GF? Maybe you are ajebutter or small boy, I dont know , but i think if you are mature enough , u suppose to know girl friend can f***k you up and chop off all your sweats and do you have experience of mature dating at all? we are not talking about kids dating here , Ok? we r talking about mature relationship (Fiancee thing)ok?

I don get point Now
Re: Can You Maintain A Joint Account With Your Fiancee (girlfriend). by dgr8truth(m): 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2009
guy we nor dey here to quarrel, ok. you talked about matured dating. what do you call mature dating when you can maintain thesame financial habit with some you want to marry. i think she knowing how much you will make her to mind her asking habit and when you tell her you don't have she will understand any way it depends on individual.

(1) (Reply)

Things You Wish You Knew Before Your First Date / Am I That Dumb? / Let's Exercise 'moments Of Truth Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.