Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,179 members, 7,932,026 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:22 PM

Banks To Surpass Q1 Positive Outlook On Back Of New CRR Policy - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Surpass Q1 Positive Outlook On Back Of New CRR Policy (7103 Views)

Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates / Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction / 15% CRR: Banks Face Increased Competition For Deposits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Banks To Surpass Q1 Positive Outlook On Back Of New CRR Policy by cecegorz(m): 9:36am On May 25, 2015
ednut1:
big lie, most banks had low public sector funds cos it was useless at 75% CRR. wit the harmonisation. d private sector funds held by banks will take a big hit. cbn sent a circular ydae crr will be debited weekly as against fortnightly. CBN/ Emefiele are jokers i swear. bankers are facing increased deposits targets soon. SMH GMB force dis clown to resign o
My mouth was agape when I read the analyst saying the move will be positive for banks shocked shocked
Is Mr analyst aware that recent implementation of TSA has made it impossible for banks to retain public sector funds, which CBN mops up as soon as they are collected by the banks?
As a matter of fact, banks currently have insignificant public sector funds to use as risk assets for lending. So they can as well drop public sector CRR to 0%, no biggie.
The real worry is moving the only substantial available funds for the banks, the private sector funds CRR up to 31% shocked shocked
In a lay man's understanding guys, don't expect banks to fund any of your project that will be tenured up to two years, except of course it is a very short term import business. And expect upward interest rate restructuring for your current running facilities! sad sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ban On Importation Of Rice Underway - GEJ / Please Help! Which Atm Card Can I Use For Online Payment? Specifically Shopping / How To Open And Maintain A UAE Business Paypal Account For Free....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.