Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,639 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:27 PM

Biochar Production As A Way Of Reducing Organci Waste - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Biochar Production As A Way Of Reducing Organci Waste (1135 Views)

Good Behaviour Is reducing drastically In Our Public School / Best Way Of Discovering The Genuineness Of A Girl's Beauty / Ways You Can Waste Money Without Realizing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biochar Production As A Way Of Reducing Organci Waste by ijeechi: 2:46pm On Feb 12, 2009
i'm doing a research for my dissertation on possible ways of transforming waste produced in Nigeria into useful forms. A technology know as pryolosis can be applied to (strictly) organic waste to produce forms as, bio-oil , syngas and biochar. my main focus is on biochar and using in as an alternative to fertilizer for agriculture. soils amended with biochar produce high yield than fertilizer and not only that, biochar locks in greenhouse gases thus reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
however i would need help on how waste is collected in Lagos state and if in anyway the waste is been separated into recyclables, organic and inorganic.

(1) (Reply)

Dear God Make Nigeria A Blessing To Other Nations / Ajaokuta Steel Company Loses 10 Worker Due To Lack Of Salaries / Do Nairalanders And, By Extension, Nigerians Embrace Anti-intellectualism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.