Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,801 members, 7,893,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 02:35 AM

Situation In Osun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Situation In Osun State (1261 Views)

We Are Working Hard To Stabilize Power Situation In Nigeria, Says Buhari / Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Situation In Osun State by akanbi101(m): 10:10am On May 23, 2015
[i][/i][b][/b]Some of us have decided not to comment about the situation in Osun State. But, how do you continue to keep mum when the government of the day in Osun is frittering away all the goodwill that the party APC has gathered over time? How do you keep quiet when the party that drives change drives change in the negative sense in Osun? How do you keep quiet when a government that should serve and make life easy for a largely civil service society turns around to inflict pain? How do you keep quiet when a civil servant tries to commit suicide because he could not feed his family and a government official did not see a correlation between non payment of salaries (6months!) and suicidal tendencies? Let me categorically say that I come from a family that prides itself on progressive politics therefore I humbly believe in my qualification to chastise the current government in Osun State. Let me also say that I fiercely supported the candidacy of Mr. Aregbesola. Our elders have a saying that if you cant coordinate the movement of your arm, put it on your head and move on. I have heard a lot of arguments on why Osun could not pay salaries (iam not bothered about other states, I bother about Osun), chiefly among them is the allocation problem from Abuja. But serious government should have anticipated and prioritize. A serious government would have made contigency plans. A serious government would not starve her people for 6 months. Maybe people in government in Osun at all level should come out and tell us that they have not collected any allowances or salaries on the,last 6 months. I expect that the first priority should be the welfare of the people and not construction or other lofty projects. What is the usefulness of a beautiful house in the,midst of hunger? People who shld know should advise the current government in Osun to quickly find a way to pay people up and let economic life start afresh in Osun.

I want to salute the people of Osun for their perseverance and to tell them that progressives are not like this o. Eleyi lo kan fw ya nkan to wu.

What are the options?

1. Renegotiate loan repayment with the banks and free up some cash.
2. Suspend all major capital intensive projects until government can afford it
3. Reduce cost of governance by merging ministries, reducing the number of government
4. Start to phase payments of salaries.

On a political note, the government of the day in osun should know that it should be careful not to be the last APC government in Osun as the people are not naive.

It should remember that, government exists to make life easier for all category of citize which is called democracy the moment it is otherwise it becomes tyranny.

I rest my case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Situation In Osun State by dammylohlah: 10:26am On May 23, 2015
If he merge ministries and sack people u will be the one to catigate. Why na only Osun u are shouting what of cross Rivers those that are there not suffering so let us leave sentiment apart and face reality. All the laudable project Aregbe did is not going down well with GEJ and didnt get majority vote in Osun so all those things contribute. In the all over federation which state feeding their primary school children even Lagos cannot do it. Let us look for wayforward and leave blame game

3 Likes

Re: Situation In Osun State by HzRF(m): 11:45am On May 23, 2015
dammylohlah:
If he merge ministries and sack people u will be the one to catigate. Why na only Osun u are shouting what of cross Rivers those that are there not suffering so let us leave sentiment apart and face reality. All the laudable project Aregbe did is not going down well with GEJ and didnt get majority vote in Osun so all those things contribute. In the all over federation which state feeding their primary school children even Lagos cannot do it. Let us look for wayforward and leave blame game
Lol are you from osun
What laudable projects
D 8bn opon imon that makes us record our lowest ranking ever 24th in last yr waec
Or d 1bn/10km who built such
The yearly Christmas /fireworks that waste d state resources?
The so called free(2k) schools uniform

GEJ was nt happy he gave him bus that he named omoluabi bus at 20 naira/drop

GEJ is nt happy he partner with him tru ube to built d skul in the state which he even claimed was his handiwork until he was forced to write ube project on d schools

GEJ hate him he gave him money part of sure - P which he use as a bait to ppl tell dem to access it as loan during the time election was near last yr

Oyinlola ran free food for the public school at 3bn
Aregbesola has been running it on 4bn wen oil sold out

Amosun, Ajimobi are there they are complaining like the way he's doing?
Or he performed beta Dan dem?

Stop justifying incompetence
FG is paying him 200k/month?
1-3 month allocation will take care of 1 month salary at worst but d banks don't wanna hear story dat touches
Oyes nko
Dey are forgotten

He thought he Can punish civil servants and the okada riders, market pple etc (who are d main supporters of him) won't feel it
Re: Situation In Osun State by Johnnyessence(m): 1:01pm On May 23, 2015
akanbi101:
[i][/i][b][/b]Some of us have decided not to comment about the situation in Osun State. But, how do you continue to keep mum when the government of the day in Osun is frittering away all the goodwill that the party APC has gathered over time? How do you keep quiet when the party that drives change drives change in the negative sense in Osun? How do you keep quiet when a government that should serve and make life easy for a largely civil service society turns around to inflict pain? How do you keep quiet when a civil servant tries to commit suicide because he could not feed his family and a government official did not see a correlation between non payment of salaries (6months!) and suicidal tendencies? Let me categorically say that I come from a family that prides itself on progressive politics therefore I humbly believe in my qualification to chastise the current government in Osun State. Let me also say that I fiercely supported the candidacy of Mr. Aregbesola. Our elders have a saying that if you cant coordinate the movement of your arm, put it on your head and move on. I have heard a lot of arguments on why Osun could not pay salaries (iam not bothered about other states, I bother about Osun), chiefly among them is the allocation problem from Abuja. But serious government should have anticipated and prioritize. A serious government would have made contigency plans. A serious government would not starve her people for 6 months. Maybe people in government in Osun at all level should come out and tell us that they have not collected any allowances or salaries on the,last 6 months. I expect that the first priority should be the welfare of the people and not construction or other lofty projects. What is the usefulness of a beautiful house in the,midst of hunger? People who shld know should advise the current government in Osun to quickly find a way to pay people up and let economic life start afresh in Osun.

I want to salute the people of Osun for their perseverance and to tell them that progressives are not like this o. Eleyi lo kan fw ya nkan to wu.

What are the options?

3. Reduce cost of governance by merging ministries, reducing the number of government

On a political note, the government of the day in osun should know that it should be careful not to be the last APC government in Osun as the people are not naive.

It should remember that, government exists to make life easier for all category of citize which is called democracy the moment it is otherwise it becomes tyranny.

I rest my case.
u are wrong in ur article it's ingrate citizen that won't appreciate aregbe for what he did in d last 4 years first when aregbe is paying 12 months salary and a bonus salary making 13 months to civil servants then in d last 3 years u don't complain oooo.now when there's reduction in d allocation and osun collecting d least allocation so far that caused d non payment of workers pls and pls for once appreciate aregbe for what he did in d last 4 years. it's d so Call ingrate teacher that caused d mass failure of students in their wassce results pls and pls speak truth here.it's u and some people that doesn't achieve great things in life that u sing condemnation song it won't pay u ooooo Cos' aregbe I know vividly will pay all d salaries finish without leaving anything behind .try and be praying for him aregbe tried he make sure that each and everyone sleep with their two eyes not d one in ekiti.PDP won't survive in osun state Cos' osun people will reject them it's when u start speaking truth that u will know things will got to change in this country. aregbe will finish all his projects by d special grace of God including d airport undergoing o sun adaraooo. why can't u blame d president that allow corruption that swallow his government in d last 5 years we are tired of hatred and bad named calling to our governor we reject this stand.aregbe will complete his projects he has laid so far no form of distraction. pray for him he need ur prayers even me too am affected but we just av to say d truth here and not lies.
Re: Situation In Osun State by Johnnyessence(m): 1:12pm On May 23, 2015
u are wrong in ur article it's ingrate citizen that won't appreciate aregbe for what he did in d last 4 years first when aregbe is paying 12 months salary and a bonus salary making 13 months to civil servants then in d last 3 years u don't complain oooo.now when there's reduction in d allocation and osun collecting d least allocation so far that caused d non payment of workers pls and pls for once appreciate aregbe for what he did in d last 4 years. it's d so Call ingrate teacher that caused d mass failure of students in their wassce results pls and pls speak truth here.it's u and some people that doesn't achieve great things in life that u sing condemnation song it won't pay u ooooo Cos' aregbe I know vividly will pay all d salaries finish without leaving anything behind .try and be praying for him aregbe tried he make sure that each and everyone sleep with their two eyes not d one in ekiti.PDP won't survive in osun state Cos' osun people will reject them it's when u start speaking truth that u will know things will got to change in this country. aregbe will finish all his projects by d special grace of God including d airport undergoing o sun adaraooo. why can't u blame d president that allow corruption that swallow his government in d last 5 years we are tired of hatred and bad named calling to our governor we reject this stand.aregbe will complete his projects he has laid so far no form of distraction. pray for him he need ur prayers even me too am affected but we just av to say d truth here and not lies.
Re: Situation In Osun State by Johnnyessence(m): 1:12pm On May 23, 2015
akanbi101:

What are the options?

I rest my case.

(1) (Reply)

Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State / Smear Campaign Against Tinubu SPONSORED By Former Governors, Commissioners, Othe / “APC Has Won The Battle And Lost The War"- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.