Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,889 members, 7,976,328 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 05:00 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (839469 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by antiomic: 10:18am On Jun 20, 2020
Hi guys.

Please what could make Thermocool Hustler 3500MS consume much oil? There isn't any sign of leakage. I change oil once in every 10L I burn as the oil seems to dry up. Most times the gen goes off, this happens when the oil is dried. No much load on the gen just the normal electric bulbs and fans.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Esthercakes(f): 2:32am On Jun 21, 2020
Please professors in the house I need your help, I need a generator to power cake mixer, freezer, fridge, TV, fans, bulbs,laptops and charge phones. I need suggestion on the best or good generator to buy, the one that consumes less fuel bikonu. I am a lady so I av no idea and knowledge on this.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by NobleEngineer(m): 7:33am On Jun 22, 2020
You want to be powering all these appliances at the same time Nothing less than a 4KVA
Esthercakes:
Please professors in the house I need your help, I need a generator to power cake mixer, freezer, fridge, TV, fans, bulbs, laptops and charge phones. I need suggestion on the best or good generator to buy, the one that consumes less fuel bikonu. I am a lady so I av no idea and knowledge on this.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Esthercakes(f): 8:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
Not necessarily at the same time though, please which product is good, strong and reliable? Thank you very much
NobleEngineer:
You want to be powering all these appliances at the same time Nothing less than a 4KVA
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by sexycdor: 12:07am On Jun 23, 2020
I bought my Sumec Firman SPG-1800 Feb 2018. I have been using it with no issue, no flickering, steady light and from my observation, 1 ltr lasts 2hrs 30mins. Hence using 3 litres last around 7 hrs which was okay.
I service myself by cleaning air filter, draining oil and fill with super v. I've had no course to change anything on it (not even the plug) since then, but I noticed I change oil very frequent. If i fill up with new oil today, i'll have to top up in the next 4-5 days as the oil would be very low. I use the gen for at least 6 hours a day.

Issue started few weeks ago when the voltage wasn't up to 220v anymore.

Technician A came to check, said it needs rigging (for the oil consumption), capacitor (for the under 220v), he collected N5000, oil consumption issue persisted, but voltage became stable (i saw him adjust the under-tank screw). the oil would just disappear and i won't see any trace on the floor.

Technician B came and said Technician A never rigged the gen.
Along the line, Technician B changed the carburetor, now my gen's work isn't smooth anymore. i get flickering light, irregular sound (alternating sound). I am currently thinking of selling it off as the problem is now becoming too much but before i do that, I want to seek help from all of you pros. I loved this gen so much as i enjoyed it's work before this issues started. i really don't think i can trust any of these technicians again.

Technician C came, adjusted the carburetor and under-tank screw, light was stable, I switched it on this night, issue came back (irregular sound, flickering light)

Note: i never called back technician A after i was told the gen was never rigged. someone told me Technician A has placed his hand on it (like jazz or something that until i call him back, any other person that work on it wont' be successful), to hell with him, i will never call him ever.

I INTEND TO DIY HENCEFORTH..
1. Can I get out of the box carburetor that I can install and won't need any adjustment?
2. Does adjusting the "under-tank screw" and "firing screw" do any help?
3. 3 litres I tested with tonight barely used 4hrs (7.30pm - 11.50pm)!!
4. Carburetor has been labelled to make the directions for you guru easier.

Please Help Me.....i am tired already.

Attached is the gen's picture and the removed carburetor.

1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by sexycdor: 11:15am On Jun 23, 2020
sexycdor:
I bought my Sumec Firman SPG-1800 Feb 2018. I have been using it with no issue, no flickering, steady light and from my observation, 1 ltr lasts 2hrs 30mins. Hence using 3 litres last around 7 hrs which was okay.
I service myself by cleaning air filter, draining oil and fill with super v. I've had no course to change anything on it (not even the plug) since then, but I noticed I change oil very frequent. If i fill up with new oil today, i'll have to top up in the next 4-5 days as the oil would be very low. I use the gen for at least 6 hours a day.

Technician A came to check, said it needs rigging (for the oil consumption), capacitor (for the under 220v), he collected N5000, oil consumption issue persisted, but voltage became stable (i saw him adjust the under-tank screw). the oil would just disappear and i won't see any trace on the floor.

Along the line, Technician B changed the carburetor, now my gen's work isn't smooth anymore. i get flickering light, irregular sound (alternating sound). I am currently thinking of selling it off as the problem is now becoming too much but before i do that, I want to seek help from all of you pros. I loved this gen so much as i enjoyed it's work before this issues started. i really don't think i can trust any of these technicians again.

Technician C came, adjusted the carburetor and under-tank screw, light was stable, I switched it on this night, issue came back (irregular sound, flickering light)

Note: i never called back technician A after i was told the gen was never rigged. someone told me Technician A has placed his hand on it (like jazz or something that until i call him back, any other person that work on it wont' be successful), to hell with him, i will never call him ever.

1. Can I get out of the box carburetor that I can install and won't need any adjustment?

@enochogaga et all, please help me
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by rayvelez(m): 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2020
rhymz:
Bros that's an excellent fuel consumption rate if you ask me....1k fuel is between 8L and 9L of fuel and you use 3hrs everyday not bad na.....it is a big Generator with a big engine capacity of course it will consumed more fuel.....if you want sth that can preserve more fuel then get a smaller gen....

Thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by sexycdor: 12:48am On Jun 24, 2020
Help please sad

sexycdor:

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by sexycdor: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexycdor:
Help please sad

I really don't know why nobody responded to my post which makes me very sad and hurt. I almost sold the gen for 20k today.

However, I thank you all as well for this post. After reading almost 30 pages on this thread and some video online. I decided to go for a new carburetor, fixed myself, did some little servicing and I am glad to tell you my gen's operation is back to normal. Cool sound, 220/225 volt, and working steady. Currently testing with an accurately measured 2 litres to know how long it will last.

THANK YOU ALL.
God bless you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by chelseamann(m): 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexycdor:

I really don't know why nobody responded to my post which makes me very sad and hurt. I almost sold the gen for 20k today.

However, I thank you all as well for this post. After reading almost 30 pages on this thread and some video online. I decided to go for a new carburetor, fixed myself, did some little servicing and I am glad to tell you my gen's operation is back to normal. Cool sound, 220/225 volt, and working steady. Currently testing with an accurately measured 2 litres to know how long it will last.

THANK YOU ALL.
God bless you
wonderful..
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Deeni131: 11:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
Pro Pls help me my sumec frman gets hot and off itself. Sometimes I must change the lubricant oil {amasco or total) before it starts, which was poured just a day before. Seems like the generator kills the lubricant oil easily. And the gen gets hot and the oil easily become like liquid.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 7:26am On Jun 25, 2020
oilmonie:
Pls is firman RD 1910 a good generator?
to me the best Furman Gen is the rugged series
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by chelseamann(m): 7:28am On Jun 25, 2020
Deeni131:
Pro Pls help me my sumec frman gets hot and off itself. Sometimes I must change the lubricant oil {amasco or total) before it starts, which was poured just a day before. Seems like the generator kills the lubricant oil easily. And the gen gets hot and the oil easily become like liquid.
have you work on its pistol and rings before? I think you should take it to a qualified engineer to check on it

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 7:29am On Jun 25, 2020
antiomic:
Hi guys.

Please what could make Thermocool Hustler 3500MS consume much oil? There isn't any sign of leakage. I change oil once in every 10L I burn as the oil seems to dry up. Most times the gen goes off, this happens when the oil is dried. No much load on the gen just the normal electric bulbs and fans.
the Gen goes off cos oil level is too low and when this happens your rings and piston might be guilty. does the Gen smoke at all especially when you put it on?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 7:30am On Jun 25, 2020
Esthercakes:
Please professors in the house I need your help, I need a generator to power cake mixer, freezer, fridge, TV, fans, bulbs,laptops and charge phones. I need suggestion on the best or good generator to buy, the one that consumes less fuel bikonu. I am a lady so I av no idea and knowledge on this.
how powerful is the cake mixer ?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 7:31am On Jun 25, 2020
NobleEngineer:
engineer na only woman you dey answer grin
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 7:37am On Jun 25, 2020
sexycdor:

most times oil drying up is as a result of bad rings and pistons but there are other signs too like smoking especially when you just start the gen and over time the oil issue gets worse maybe from lasting 4 days to lasting for a few hours , fuel lasts longer and it will not be able to power some of the appliances it used to power before I think that Gen used capacitor so something might be wrong with the carburator or maybe the flickering light problem can be solved from under the tank
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 7:39am On Jun 25, 2020
sexycdor:

THANK YOU ALL.
God bless you

not everybody knows about Gen if you check you will see that prof and co haven't been online for sometime now there are things to deal with in real life so don't be sad

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 7:48am On Jun 25, 2020
Deeni131:
I don't know what you mean by hot cos any generator that is working cannot be cool. when there is issue of oil drying up the culprit is mostly the rings and pistons and it happens mostly when we overwork our Gen (too much load) because your Gen can pump water does not mean it is strong enough if you do it over time it will break down and it is usually the rings and piston.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 7:52am On Jun 25, 2020
Oga space9880 thanks for all the response and keeping the thread alive, Hands are tight lately, make we all no vex oo. I am sure prof too is busy that's why...
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by sexycdor: 8:00am On Jun 25, 2020
space9880:
I don't know what you mean by hot cos any generator that is working cannot be cool. when there is issue of oil drying up the culprit is mostly the rings and pistons and it happens mostly when we overwork our Gen (too much load) because your Gen can pump water does not mean it is strong enough if you do it over time it will break down and it is usually the rings and piston.

Thanks a lot for your response buddy. I understand.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 8:06am On Jun 25, 2020
suco01:
Oga space9880 thanks for all the response and keeping the thread alive, Hands are tight lately, make we all no vex oo. I am sure prof too is busy that's why...
I understand sir. God bless
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 8:06am On Jun 25, 2020
sexycdor:

Thanks a lot for your response buddy. I understand.
you're welcome
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BoboKush(m): 11:43am On Jun 25, 2020
sexycdor:

THANK YOU ALL.
God bless you

Wow thats good
U av to know the level of ur gen issh is kinda technical so it nt everybody that can help

Also concerning ur carburettor when u av a new gen and u av issue don't always let them take the follow come part away...... Normally even if it carburettor has issue it can be fixed and follow come is always follow come.... They always work better than new one

2. U shld find one good engineer or let people around u recommend for u..... Don't always give ur gen to diff. Engineer get a good one n be stable with it

3. Good u said u do service the gen urself n I hope u r using good oil..... If u r doing all these I don't think u shld be having issh

The only tym engineer Wil touch ma gen na if na engine problem others I fix it masef and I don't like diff. Hands touching it

Good u av been able to fix it up urself
Next tym u need smal gen.... Go for Haier thermocool
Enjoy
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by sexycdor: 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
BoboKush:

Wow thats good
U av to know the level of ur gen issh is kinda technical so it nt everybody that can help

Also concerning ur carburettor when u av a new gen and u av issue don't always let them take the follow come part away...... Normally even if it carburettor has issue it can be fixed and follow come is always follow come.... They always work better than new one

2. U shld find one good engineer or let people around u recommend for u..... Don't always give ur gen to diff. Engineer get a good one n be stable with it

3. Good u said u do service the gen urself n I hope u r using good oil..... If u r doing all these I don't think u shld be having issh

The only tym engineer Wil touch ma gen na if na engine problem others I fix it masef and I don't like diff. Hands touching it

Enjoy

Thank you very much buddy. Guess what? I didn't allow the guy to take the follow come away. I just loosened the gen again this morning after I've read a lot about carburetors. I put back the follow come tht was condemned. Hmmm, my gen is working fine, stable, 220-224v (after I've loaded all appliances (1 bedside freezer, 3 ceiling fans, 7 fluorescent bulbs, 1 led TV, dvd, 2 laptops and phones of course). Light not flickering.

I will find it very hard to trust any gen engineer again o. Honestly. Imagine sticking to Technician A who collected 4k and never rigged the gen (which was why he collected money for), or Technician B who kept doing rubbish.

I once again thank everyone who has contributed on this thread..

I will update once the 1 liter is done (to know how long it last, it was lasting 2hrs 30mins before the rancor) . I might still need to modify the adjustment screws cos I already tamper with it a lot, used it as practical when it was condemned.

Lastly, see attached picture. Is the place I pointed at meant to be very hot in a short time after gen is powered on?

4 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by sexycdor: 12:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
Update!!!
The 2 litres used 3hours (7.40pm - 10.35/40pm)
This is an improvement compared to what the technician but I still want my 1 litre 2hrs 30mins back. Lolz.

sexycdor:

THANK YOU ALL.
God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BoboKush(m): 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
sexycdor:

Thank you very much buddy. Guess what? I didn't allow the guy to take the follow come away. I just loosened the gen again this morning after I've read a lot about carburetors. I put back the follow come tht was condemned. Hmmm, my gen is working fine, stable, 220-224v (after I've loaded all appliances (1 bedside freezer, 3 ceiling fans, 7 fluorescent bulbs, 1 led TV, dvd, 2 laptops and phones of course). Light not flickering.

I will find it very hard to trust any gen engineer again o. Honestly. Imagine sticking to Technician A who collected 4k and never rigged the gen (which was why he collected money for), or Technician B who kept doing rubbish.

I will update once the 1 liter is done (to know how long it last, it was lasting 2hrs 30mins before the rancor) . I might still need to modify the adjustment screws cos I already tamper with it a lot, used it as practical when it was condemned.

Lastly, see attached picture. Is the place I pointed at meant to be very hot in a short time after gen is powered on?

Yes it can be hot once u r sure..... The holes is nt blocked.... The filter is cleaned it normal for gen to get hot
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by sexycdor: 2:14pm On Jun 25, 2020
Which of these screws do I adjust to save fuel please?

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
sexycdor:

this your gen clean o
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
sexycdor:
Which of these screws do I adjust to save fuel please?
should be 3 not really sure though na prof go solve the matter
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
BoboKush:

Wow thats good

Enjoy

yes thermocool is the best my firman dor dey hear am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (371) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.