Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,546 members, 7,901,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:26 PM

10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! (23429 Views)

Drivers’ Education: The 5 Things Every Driver Should Know How To Do / Easy Tips And Tricks Every Driver Should Know (pics) / Little Known Car Fuel Wasters And Fuel Saving Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 26, 2015
chuna1985:

Wait ooo, u said u will deal with me decisively and all u can do is ban me for 24 hours, Lol....U be mad man ooooooo.

Like say u fink say I dey fear u, Una de pay me salary, commot road. Taaa, Run away, I no fear u.

Hope you enjoyed the epic ban?
grin
E pain am ooooo! tongue
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 26, 2015
lomomike:

Hope you enjoyed the epic ban?
grin
E pain am ooooo! tongue

epic? use dictionary

Finally, e pain u say u fail jamb so teee u come no study ur dream course again. Jealousy.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 26, 2015
tonychristopher:
Who told you that

capacity

have you ever used a gen that has the capacity to carry a fridge...then switch the fridge on...you will hear hmmmmm sound from the gen set

never underestimate the ppower of a compressor

Simple physics brother physics

it is called load..the bigger the load the bigger the energy used to carry it

in a lay man terms the more gasoline consumed

Physics brother

Please stop using common sense for engineering explanations, ignore those sounds u hear wen u on fridge as well.....Lol.

An electric motor spins the coil rapidly @ a fixed pace n the coil inside the electric motor generates electrical energy from the mechanical energy generated (Energy conversion) Now no matter the number of electrical units u leave on, the coil can only dissipate what it Generates......U basically don't need more fuel to power the coil to carry more load.

Please don't browse for answers on this, u might meet people like u online n get wrong info. Ask any experienced mechanical or electrical engineer directly.

Or u can run the experiment urself. Get ah pass ma neighbour, put 1 litre of fuel on it, also on all appliances....... Repeat same with 1 litre with very things on, or u can off everything, The fuel will finish @ the same time (give or take some minutes)

Bro please, electricity from ur generator is directly borough about from coil, it has zero direct connection with fuel.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 2:42am On May 27, 2015
chuna1985:

epic? use dictionary

Finally, e pain u say u fail jamb so teee u come no study ur dream course again. Jealousy.

Bros, how the 1 day prison sentence na? Hope the ban sweet die? grin d one day ban pain this guy die o! grin Jealous my foot!
By the way, don't come to car talk to spew ignorance and arrogance, if you're here for terrorism and rubbish advice stay clear from cartalk here isn't politics or romance.

I'm really serious about this.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Ricmayak1: 5:27am On May 27, 2015
chuna1985:

Please stop using common sense for engineering explanations, ignore those sounds u hear wen u on fridge as well.....Lol.

An electric motor spins the coil rapidly @ a fixed pace n the coil inside the electric motor generates electrical energy from the mechanical energy generated (Energy conversion) Now no matter the number of electrical units u leave on, the coil can only dissipate what it Generates......U basically don't need more fuel to power the coil to carry more load.

Please don't browse for answers on this, u might meet people like u online n get wrong info. Ask any experienced mechanical or electrical engineer directly.

Or u can run the experiment urself. Get ah pass ma neighbour, put 1 litre of fuel on it, also on all appliances....... Repeat same with 1 litre with very things on, or u can off everything, The fuel will finish @ the same time (give or take some minutes)

Bro please, electricity from ur generator . borough about from coil, it has zero direct connection with fuel.

Na wa o.
Engineering has a long way to go in this part of the world.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 7:43am On May 27, 2015
Ricmayak1:

Na wa o.
Engineering has a long way to go in this part of the world.
Abeg ignore that quack "engineer".
An electric motor spins the coil rapidly @ a fixed pace n the coil inside the electric motor
generates electrical energy from the mechanical
energy generated (Energy conversion) Now no
matter the number of electrical units u leave
on, the coil can only dissipate what it
Generates......U basically don't need more fuel
to power the coil to carry more load.

How can one who claims to be a qualified instrumentation Mechanical Engineer say this?
I can categorically conclude that This guy (chuna1985) wherever he's working or situated is the kazeem in that environment and he's responsible for kazeemization of everything he lays his kazeemed infested hands upon..
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 7:46am On May 27, 2015
chuna1985:

Gazzuzz, auhansen, Camaro, adanny, Siena et al come see kazeem. I wish trac was here.

Abeg who ever did this to this chuna1985 didn't do him any good.

Back to basis. @ bolded, no electric motor spin any coil in any generator. If an electric motor was there then they would be no need.
What you have is an electronic induction for a generator to work.

There's an electro magnet fixed to an axle and a large coil of conductive material (copper) wound round the electromagnet but in fixed position. As this copper+magnet works and rotates, there's a current generated.

Hope you now know the simple principle about how generator works. And this is a Michael Faraday's invention.

Go back to physics bro.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 8:06am On May 27, 2015
lomomike:

Bros, how the 1 day prison sentence na? Hope the ban sweet die? grin d one day ban pain this guy die o! grin Jealous my foot!
By the way, don't come to car talk to spew ignorance and arrogance, if you're here for terrorism and rubbish advice stay clear from cartalk here isn't politics or romance.

I'm really serious about this.

Go n write another jamb iti mpataka...

E pain u say wella say u fail jamb. keep hating u loser.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 8:53am On May 27, 2015
chuna1985:

Go n write another jamb iti mpataka...

E pain u say wella say u fail jamb. keep hating u loser.

So you think, but guess what next comment from you in an attempt to derail this thread will earn you a long ban.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 9:00am On May 27, 2015
lomomike:

So you think, but guess what next comment from you in an attempt to derail this thread will earn you a long ban.

Long long stories from u. The only person who keeps deviating n derailing this thread is U.

Don't threaten me with a ban because it doesn't work @ all. Its u that should develop respect for urself n stay clear.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 9:22am On May 27, 2015
meaning?

why do we have funny fellows here ...I am just tired of lecturing people here...I think I will be charging people cos it is tiresome to explain and explain and explain

The A/C compressor pulls power from the engine wasting some gas, the effect appears to be minimal in modern cars. The A/C can lower the fuel efficiency from 10 to 20 percent depending on the type (and age) of your vehicle. Using the air conditioning does require your vehicle to burn more fuel, but it is more efficient than driving with the windows down. Putting the windows down is not a good idea. Putting the windows down tends to increase drag on most cars, canceling out any measurable gain from turning the A/C off. The increased drag of the car means your vehicle will have to work harder, because of the change in the aerodynamics. Therefore, open windows cause your car to burn more fuel.

If your considering fuel economy, it is okay to use your vehicle’s air conditioning. Yet, it should be used sensibly. If you’re driving around town, or in city traffic, then you’re better off leaving your windows open. For highway driving, roll the windows up and turn the air conditioning on. It’s advisable to roll the windows down for city driving, because speeds lower than 30 - 40 mph vehicles consume less fuel, then using the A/C at those speeds. Using the A/C at highway speed has no appreciable effect on fuel economy compared to rolling down the windows.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS i now believe

Everybody is talking about fuel consumption, windows up or down, and aerodynamics; if it's hot, we all want to use our air conditioning. Running an a/c is work; work takes energy; yes, maybe less than the old a/c units from the 60's and 70's but still it is work for the motor. Nothing is free; yes the lights use energy too, how about that debate? I know the alternator is making the light but what do you think is turning the alternator? And though you may not know it, more load on an alternator makes it harder to turn. Guess what's turning it; the motor; nothing is free. Much more importantly is making sure your car temperature can handle the additional strain of operating the a/c during the very hot weather. Gas is not cheap, neither is rebuilding the top end of your motor because you overheated it with the additional strain of running the a/c. A/C on, watch the temp gauge closely, if it climbs too much, turn it off, if it doesn't, leave it on and be cool, even for a few more .

chuna1985:

Bro please, electricity from ur generator is directly borough about from coil, it has zero direct connection with fuel.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 9:25am On May 27, 2015
god blessand always be with you

that dude is unteachable and he is an engineer

that is why i do not believe most of the engineering stuffs i read in car section cos i will research

Thanks
lomomike:

Gazzuzz, auhansen, Camaro, adanny, Siena et al come see kazeem. I wish trac was here.

Abeg who ever did this to this chuna1985 didn't do him any good.

Back to basis. @ bolded, no electric motor spin any coil in any generator. If an electric motor was there then they would be no need.
What you have is an electronic induction for a generator to work.

There's an electro magnet fixed to an axle and a large coil of conductive material (copper) wound round the electromagnet but in fixed position. As this copper+magnet works and rotates, there's a current generated.

Hope you now know the simple principle about how generator works. And this is a Michael Faraday's invention.

Go back to physics bro.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 9:53am On May 27, 2015
tonychristopher:
meaning?

why do we have funny fellows here ...I am just tired of lecturing people here...I think I will be charging people cos it is tiresome to explain and explain and explain

The A/C compressor pulls power from the engine wasting some gas, the effect appears to be minimal in modern cars. The A/C can lower the fuel efficiency from 10 to 20 percent depending on the type (and age) of your vehicle. Using the air conditioning does require your vehicle to burn more fuel, but it is more efficient than driving with the windows down. Putting the windows down is not a good idea. Putting the windows down tends to increase drag on most cars, canceling out any measurable gain from turning the A/C off. The increased drag of the car means your vehicle will have to work harder, because of the change in the aerodynamics. Therefore, open windows cause your car to burn more fuel.

If your considering fuel economy, it is okay to use your vehicle’s air conditioning. Yet, it should be used sensibly. If you’re driving around town, or in city traffic, then you’re better off leaving your windows open. For highway driving, roll the windows up and turn the air conditioning on. It’s advisable to roll the windows down for city driving, because speeds lower than 30 - 40 mph vehicles consume less fuel, then using the A/C at those speeds. Using the A/C at highway speed has no appreciable effect on fuel economy compared to rolling down the windows.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS i now believe

Everybody is talking about fuel consumption, windows up or down, and aerodynamics; if it's hot, we all want to use our air conditioning. Running an a/c is work; work takes energy; yes, maybe less than the old a/c units from the 60's and 70's but still it is work for the motor. Nothing is free; yes the lights use energy too, how about that debate? I know the alternator is making the light but what do you think is turning the alternator? And though you may not know it, more load on an alternator makes it harder to turn. Guess what's turning it; the motor; nothing is free. Much more importantly is making sure your car temperature can handle the additional strain of operating the a/c during the very hot weather. Gas is not cheap, neither is rebuilding the top end of your motor because you overheated it with the additional strain of running the a/c. A/C on, watch the temp gauge closely, if it climbs too much, turn it off, if it doesn't, leave it on and be cool, even for a few more .

Are u okay? did u read my post? I'm talking specifically about a generator set in dis post, not cars n AC.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 10:20am On May 27, 2015
OGA STOP JONSING AROUND....YOU STARTED WITH CAR AC AND I USED GEN SET AS AN EXAMPLE TO MAKE IT SIMPLER

BUT DID U EVER SAID YOU ARE AN ENGINEER..MECHANICAL FOR THAT MATTER

I AM NOW SCARED ......OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM ...I GIVE UP
chuna1985:

Are u okay? did u read my post? I'm talking specifically about a generator set in dis post, not cars n AC.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 27, 2015
tonychristopher:
OGA STOP JONSING AROUND....YOU STARTED WITH CAR AC AND I USED GEN SET AS AN EXAMPLE TO MAKE IT SIMPLER

BUT DID U EVER SAID YOU ARE AN ENGINEER..MECHANICAL FOR THAT MATTER

I AM NOW SCARED ......OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM ...I GIVE UP

I'm tired of u.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 5:22pm On May 27, 2015
chuna1985:

I'm tired of myself.
ok
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 27, 2015
tonychristopher:

ok

Looooooool, The funny thing u don't know is that editing my posts n writing ur own rubbish on it takes away nothing from me, Rather it makes u appear daft.

I'm simply tired of u, change it for as long as u like, I don't give a damn.
Re: 10 Fuel Saving Tips Every Driver Should Know Today!!! by tonychristopher: 6:02pm On May 27, 2015
DUDE CAN U REST PLS?
chuna1985:

Looooooool, The funny thing u don't know is that editing my posts n writing ur own rubbish on it takes away nothing from me, Rather it makes u appear daft.

I'm simply tired of u, change it for as long as u like, I don't give a damn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Will You Do In This Situation / All New Mercedes A-class Sedan Revealed (photos) / Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.